Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dakink
    Prince will find it hard if other teams target him as the Dogs did with no Benji to spark the attack as only MArshall can
    Of course though Prince was badly let down by a pack that saw no player make more than 9 hit-ups nor make 100m. No halfback with Benji or no Benji will shine behind a badly beaten forward pack - Andrew Johns may be an exception to the rule.

Very true, very true. A beaten forward pack is hard to play behind.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Just thought I would say that if at any stage during the year a substitute is needed for whatever reason... I am willing to put my hand up I just wasn't too keen on a permanent position thats all

Looks like Thurston and Johns making earning all the pundits so far - rightly so to I might add. Locky is still there abouts too.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Too early in the season to be talking about favourites. Injuries are killers, and one of the blokes you've been talking about could be just around the corner from one, although im not wishing that on anyone.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

just a suggestion/question... are you gonna carry on showing the round results for the whole comp? i think it might be better to hide it after a while... so people can't just add up who's one, and so people can't "adjust" their judgings to keep their fav player in with a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    just a suggestion/question... are you gonna carry on showing the round results for the whole comp? i think it might be better to hide it after a while... so people can't just add up who's one, and so people can't "adjust" their judgings to keep their fav player in with a chance!

The points will go silent a number of rounds out from the end. As for judges adjusting the points to keep their favourite players in with a chance, they do that they will be sacked. All judges have undertaken to judge without bias, and the final responsibility lies with me to ascertain if any one is fudging the results. From what I have seen I dont think that is going to happen, but I will be keeping a close eye on it.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

got it all under wraps as usual dakink

but i can't for the life of my work out why Hodges is ONLY on 1 point. and that 1 point was from a game he was MOM! he's been the broncos best player nearly every round and yet he aint charting with the judges.

Yep - but thats the beauty of the system. Hodges may or may not deserve more points, but I cant fault the judges on their selections so far - every one views games differentlly I guess..

Can anyone catch them? Like Johns showed last year - class stands out.

Can't believe Buderus didn't get a point for his effort against the Dragons.

Round Eight Point Allocations

Game Seven

Nth Qld Cowboys v Sydney Roosters @ Dairy Farmers
    Judge:
    DeeGan

3pts ? Brett Finch (Roosters)

2pts ? Adrian Morley (Roosters)

1pt ? Jonathan Thurston (Roosters)

Either Dakink or Deegan had too much too drink or were half asleep when posting this... or are you suggesting that Come June 30 Ricky might try and do a deal to send Braith up to North Queensland and Jonathan to head to the Roosters... .....

Can you fix that up ASAP.. seeing Thurston playing for the Roosters, as a former Bulldog and from a current Bulldogs fans view.. is not a pleasant sight..

That would be me... Consider it fixed.

That would be me... Consider it fixed.
    Ohhh... and I was about to start getting money ready to plunge a huge bet on the Roosters winning the premiership in 2007... oh wait.. I WOULD NEVER DO THAT... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nah seriously... thanks Dakink... and good to see we aren't creating a rumour for 2007... however...

I will share the blame as well there - from memory I had David Shillington getting one point though changed it given I think the Cowboys deserved one player in the points given the overall rating of the game was quite poor IMO.

Good one BDT_311