Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    1 mill a year! sh#t lot of cash but we need him hope he accepts
    I read the article as a million dollar deal, not a million a year.

yeah well 1 million over 2 or more years will easily be beatin so read it as more-- but probally wrong

I doubt it's 1 mill a year? They didn't specify how much a year it would be though.

if it was over 2 yrs 500,000 a year is good but i am worried other clubs could offer more

The only thing you can count on is that whatever Orr said is rubbish.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The way I read it was $1mil over ????? Not sure how many years ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

So it's $1mil over a three year period.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Surely they wouldn't be so stupid to lose Eldgey there would be a riot ! I think people would be sending memberships back as others have said it would be a disaster , I don't think it will happen I'm not going to let it worry me , bloody he'll it's been s long long off season just want the footy to start !

The way I read it, he is already contracted to us for this year, and the new contract is for 1 million to take him through to the end of 2019 so, 2017, 2018 and 2019 - 3 years - $330,00 per year. Which seems a bit light if I am correct in my assumptions. But still $130,000 more than what he is supposedly on at the moment.
    Last edited by Geeman; 23-02-16 at 04:45 PM.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

I really hope its more than $330k per season, if Dragons are actually offering him $500k we should at least be giving him 550

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    I really hope its more than $330k per season, if Dragons are actually offering him $500k we should at least be giving him 550
    If we can secure him for $330k a season that would be freakin awesome as that would be a bargain for him.
    Looking at the article it says that he has a option for next year at $200k and the new offer is for 2 more years at $500k per year so actually $1.2 million over 3 years.
    So does he take up the option and accept $200k next year or does he play hard ball and go for a new 3 year deal starting next year at $500k a season??
    I see interesting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    If the Titans only pay $330k per year we might as well drive him to the airport but we'll hear every figure between now and when the deal is done.
    Just think, this time last year we were going through the DCE farce and now this - no wonder supporters get the sh1ts when we are talking 2017 already before a ball is kicked in 2016. All the player movement in November and December showed that transfers can be done after the previous season ends.
    Hopefully the Titans will get this finalised pronto.

I'm with you MT ... the only thing I want to read about Elgey is when a deal, any deal, is done ... right now he's injured and should not in any way distract from the job at hand.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

this is actually a huge problem in the games media right now.

they are so caught up trying to get the "exclusive" tag, they throw every bit of innuendo into the press, and have no consequence if it turns out wrong.

as for pricing - if dragons are actually offering 500k per year, 450k should be enough to keep him here, but i got no problems if we overpay to show him he is our guy and get it done really quick.

we are saving ALOT of money on other plays that overspending on really important guy is ok in this instance.

Titans don't pay overs. We pay fair market price. Nor will they be caught up in a bidding war. Seems to have worked out well for us so far.