Default Zeb Taia will be gutted if suspended for Knights game.

From the Gc Bulletin.
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...a3528a1fd10731

Zeb Taia of the Titans is placed on report during the NRL trial match between the Gold Coast Titans and the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Pizzey Park. Photo: Matt Roberts/Getty Images
    ZEB Taia admits he will be “gutted’’ if suspension rules him out of a Round 1 rematch against his old club.

The former Knights backrower has been one of the Titans’ most consistent in the pre-season and had a starting position sewn up for the opening NRL clash against Newcastle in a fortnight.

But after being placed on report for a lifting tackle on Greg Inglis in the opening minutes of the Gold Coast’s trial against South Sydney at Pizzey Park on Saturday night, Taia faces a nervous wait for the match review committee to release its charge list this afternoon.

Taia is likely to receive some sanction for the tackle but hopes his clean record may prevent him from having to spend the opening week of the season on the sidelines.

“I’m definitely (nervous) and it’s just bad timing against my old club too,’’ Taia said.

“I’ll be gutted if I miss that Round 1 game.

On his arrival on the Gold Coast, Taia spoke of his desire to prove he still has what it takes to make it in the NRL after being let go after 101 games for Newcastle.

And the chance to prove himself against his old club has been driving him through the steamy pre-season slog.

But Taia said he now had no control over the incident and would have to wait on the match review committee’s recommendation.

“I just went low and next thing, I’ve accidentally … I don’t know if I’ve tipped him or anything,’’ Taia said of the ugly-looking tackle in which Inglis landed awkwardly.

“We’ll see what the replay looks like, I’m hoping it doesn’t look too bad and I can play Round 1.”

Taia arrived on the Gold Coast promising to be the consistent edge forward the prodigious Dave Taylor couldn’t be for the Titans and has lived up to his reputation in the pre-season, becoming a leader not only on the field but off it.

Coach Neil Henry admitted he was concerned about the possibility of a charge.

“It looked awkward,’’ Henry said.

“He said he went in and he got him, I suppose under the centre of gravity and GI has been tipped up a few times.”

With Luke Douglas already suspended for Round 1 after a high tackle against Parramatta at Alice Springs a week ago, the Titans’ forward depth will be tested if Taia is also out.

Agnatius Paasi, who was already pushing for a starting spot after an outstanding pre-season, will almost certainly come into the top 13 but may slot into the backrow, with David Shillington also starting if Taia is out.
    Last edited by Bayside Titan; 22-02-16 at 12:24 PM.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Just posted on the NRL site:

"Gold Coast forward Zeb Taia was also cited for a grade 1 dangerous throw on South Sydney's Greg Inglis, but will avoid suspension with an early plea."

Great result. I didn't think that there was a lot in it but a few radio guys over the weekend thought he might cop a few weeks. Fortunately they were wrong.

This is Good news.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Great news. So excited to see Zebby play. I still wonder why Surgess wasn't put on report for his high tackle on Friendy though...

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Great news. So excited to see Zebby play. I still wonder why Surgess wasn't put on report for his high tackle on Friendy though...
    Lol ... he's the Samburger and a protected species ... no one would be game to strike him out of the first game ... Taia's was worse too.

Does anybody else think that if a person is "gutted" then in fact he's literally "gutless"? Something not right there when talking about blokes like Douglas and Taia.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Taia's tackle was bad, he should have got weeks for it
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Taia's tackle was bad, he should have got weeks for it
    Well I'm glad you are not on the Review Panel.