Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Zillman can't be selected. He sucks.

Definitely a refreshing change, probably one of the most enjoyable games I've seen in recent years. Good to see more 'stand outs' than usual, even sensed a bit of unity within the team, it seems the pre-season has been good to us. Also, if Tyrone keeps tonight's performance up he'll be having me eating humble pie pretty soon, he done alright tonight.

Congratulations to all that made it to the game, the numbers may not be the best. But still quite encouraging considering the strife we've been dragged through in the last year or so. Nothing but positives come out of this home game (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Zillman can't be selected. He sucks.
    I agree 100% but for some reason Henry seems pretty keen on selecting him. If he's fit, Henry will probably have him in the squad. it's frustrating, but i think it is just something we will have to deal with

yea the good thing about Ash and Tyrone is that they played solid and within themselves, focusing on serving the forwards and outside backs and kicking well. alot like Lg did on debut last year, then as confidence built, he went bananas.

you guys are gonna freak when you see Ash make a break. not many will catch him. he has serious wheels, but looks like he is gliding on the turf.

and yeah Karnage, imagine watching Paasi develop into our Burgess / Mautlino / Bromwich over next couple of years. he is rapidly becoming the most important guy to sign after Lg before someone tries to poach him. he has tongues wagging the league over with his eye catching displays in the 9s and this game, as well as the last few rounds of last year.

throw in Nene who i think will be a top centre in the game, Ash, LG, GL, Pulu, Peteru, James, tyrone even though he has played 100 games at 24... and there is TONNES to be excited about watching in this team over next period as long as they remain well coached and hungry.

Lots to look forward to after tonight. Passi was great and I hope we sign him up on a better deal before someone else poaches him. Ash and Tyrone seemed to be jelling well and like others have mentioned, it was the first time in a long time that I saw the players really enjoying the game and each other. On another note I saw James Roberts walking over from the station to the game. Some of the fans made him aware what they thought of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Lots to look forward to after tonight. Passi was great and I hope we sign him up on a better deal before someone else poaches him. Ash and Tyrone seemed to be jelling well and like others have mentioned, it was the first time in a long time that I saw the players really enjoying the game and each other. On another note I saw James Roberts walking over from the station to the game. Some of the fans made him aware what they thought of him.
    as unhappy as i am he left, it is sorta our fault so we shouldn't be too hard on him but either way its interesting that he came and watched us.

he has about 4 members of extended family playing for our 20s and first grade teams, and maybe lives down here so thought he would take it in.

it doesn't really bother me - i don't think his brain is as sharp as his footwork and his advisor's led him down a different path.

As long as he's got more speed than Oxford Street he'll be right. Better stay off that float too.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkGuy View Post
    As long as he's got more speed than Oxford Street he'll be right. Better stay off that float too.

maybe thats why he was stopping by his old team mates. sunday night drop off

Really happy with tonight's performance. It felt like old times with the fans getting to cheer and cheer and cheer.

I can't see how Zillman comes back into the team.

We have sent a signal that we won't be without a fight in 2016. And it is actually our 4th home win in a row.

We did well in the rain. But damn I got saturated after the game. But the win kept me warm. Some good work from the young halves, Paasi continuing on from the Nines, Mead aquiited himself well and Don, well done. Congratulations to Olive for scoring on debut.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS v Knights
    <script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =5jYzNvMTE6ijNwgMWcOzWGQF2e0Ck_Nh"></script>

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

POST-MATCH MEDIA CONFERENCE
    <script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =lscDNvMTE6wkwOPQVA3f_D-dSMCaTP56"></script>

I wish they would throw sub titles up for the questions coz I hear the answers and have to guess the question..

There were some good signs there. Bird rediscovered his passing game and we score 2 tries on his side.... The effort was great and the work rate of the team was very good.
    There were a few concerns defensively though. Once again our right side defence looked shaky and let in a couple of poor tries but I hope that will be fixed with more time playing as a group.
    Mead was very good but tends to carry the ball tucked under one arm so limits his options when carrying it back. He is still a thousand times better than Zillman.

Funny thing is, every one of our new signings which I heavily criticised played well last night. I would love nothing more than to see them maintain that sort of form but if previous years have taught me anything it's not to get too carried away after one win, especially against a likely bottom 8 side.

Bring on the Storm.