Interchange
    14 Eddy Pettybourne
    15 Ryan James
    16 Leivaha Pulu
    17 Daniel Mortimer
    18 Lachlan Burr
    19 Leva Li

Coach: Neil Henry
    **** Off Zilly then would be good to add Olive, Macdonald and GL into the mix pick our best backline to take the field. Take out Mortimer and slot Mosely in when he is fit and with Douglas back in the side honestly thats a pretty competitive team. Obviously this wont happen so it feels like why even bother complaining about Zillman anymore

if zilly is injured mead at FB, leva lee on wing

Not sure on Moseley over Mortimer (at nine) ... Moseley didn't provide the WOW factor last season that I had expected and hasn't played pre-season, so at best would be under-done.

As for Zillman ... Mead to 1 and Li on to the wing ... Olive has just joined and others equally as well-credentialed have been training with the team. Li's size wins me. In fact without Zillman and when Macdonald and Douglas return we'll frighten a few teams.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Not sure on Moseley over Mortimer (at nine) ... Moseley didn't provide the WOW factor last season that I had expected and hasn't played pre-season, so at best would be under-done.

As for Zillman ... Mead to 1 and Li on to the wing ... Olive has just joined and others equally as well-credentialed have been training with the team. Li's size wins me. In fact without Zillman and when Macdonald and Douglas return we'll frighten a few teams.
    and they wont even see it coming. if we have a good gameplan and are coached well week to week, our blanced team with no real superstars can surprise some teams.
    our forward pack and bench are solid, with a few people that can bang.

without zillman, we have size in Li, Nene and Davis, plus Mead.

and our halves will be adequate enough to at least move the ball to our edge where we have some good runners and have good kicking games.

looking at some team lists today... there are some teams that look a lot weaker than last year.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...8d855b0fd9dcbc

If Olives contract is finalised by Sunday he may play

I have to disagree with Titanic about Moseley. He is clearly a better attacking hooker than Mortimer. The team actually hummed along in attack when he was on at the start of last season. Yes he need to defend a bit better, but that will come with time. He is underdone and needs some match time and fitness but he is far superior to Mortimer as a hooker IMO.

I'm happy for Olive to earn his spot. I thought Davis, Kelly and Leleisiaou all deserve their spot in the queue and I hope Davis has a great Titan debut. I also agree that healthy we are looking good and that the not being healthy thing needs to be looked at. Condon has to be under the microscope. Looking forward to seeing big Pulu go.

I'm hoping Zillman can turn things around after his injury woes. Not holding my breath but if he can capture a glimpse of his early potential, he may just provide an x-factor for us. If it's more of the same, I hope Henry has the cojones to do what's necessary unlike his predecessor.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Fair enough Goose, I am also a Moseley fan but right now he just doesn't tick enough boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Fair enough Goose, I am also a Moseley fan but right now he just doesn't tick enough boxes.
    I agree
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't think clubs can carry a dedicated hooker on the bench anymore.. With reduced interchange the utility in the bench has to be able to cover hooker AND an injury in the half's or backs. For me that isn't Mosesly at this stage.

And that opens the debate of the value of "hooker v half's" ... is it better to have a spare 9 covering 9, 6 & 7 or a 6 or 7 who can cover 9 (and dare I say other backline positions). Frankly, I am of the 6 or 7 lobby (except in the case of Mortimer who just is not a half).

Mods, my bad, I'll open a thread for discussion.

David Mead keen to play fullback if William Zillman ruled out for Gold Coast Titans
    March 3, 2016 12:00am
    Connor O’BrienGold Coast Bulletin

David Mead in top gear during the Auckland Nines earlier this month. Picture: Getty Images
    GOLD Coast’s David Mead is putting up his hand to play fullback if Titans co-captain William Zillman is ruled out of Sunday’s season opener.

Zillman, named at No.1 for the home clash against Newcastle, is battling a calf injury.

Mead looks the man most likely to switch to the back if need be, with Josh Hoffman thought to be more likely to stay in the centres and Leva Li ready to slot in on the wing.

Despite playing the vast majority of his 129 NRL games on the wing, Mead is known to enjoy the responsibility involved with playing fullback.

He had 60 minutes in the custodian role in the opening trial game against Parramatta.

“I really enjoyed getting my hands on the ball a lot more, doing a couple of extra tackles up the middle there and just talking a lot more,” Mead said.

“It’s a bigger challenge than playing on the wing. I guess I enjoy that aspect of it.”

Entering his eighth season at the Titans, he is looking to take the club’s up-and-coming prodigies under his wing, just as the likes of Luke Bailey and Scott Prince did for him back in 2009.

“They helped make my transition into first grade a lot easier because they had been there and done it before and I always sought advice off those guys,” Mead said.

“The average age around here (now) is probably around 22 or 23, so there are a lot of young guys here.

“You try to help them out as much as you can and just help them get that game-day routine or the week’s preparation right,” he said.

The Port Moresby-born flyer says the wisdom passed on to him early in his career had brought about an improvement in his match preparation, which in turn led to him becoming a more consistent force.

“It took me a couple of years before I sort of had that consistency in my game but I’m always still looking to improve and make sure I play to the best of my ability,” the 27-year-old said.

Regarding his personal goals for 2016, Mead is gunning for more chances on the representative stage after lining up for NSW Country the past two seasons.

“It is a goal of mine but I guess that only comes if you are winning games and your own personal performances are up there.

“That’s what I want to focus on: make sure I’m playing good every week and the team is consistent every week.”

I'd be happy if Meady plays #1. Bring it on.

Looking forward to being there.

I still havent bought my memberships, might do that today. I'll probably go Legion.

I'm keen to get some flags and banners going.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Wacko is saying Zillman out, Mead to FB and Olive to wing. Li was in for cover if Don was out.