Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

McDonald and Douglas to come in ... now that's good position to be in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I reckon if Zillman retires now, he'll get a nice pay packet and leave in a descent position. It's not that i don't like him, but after today i just can't see a spot for him in our team, especially at FB. Him playing any more games is going to ruin his reputation and quite possibly any chance our season has.

Anyone know the crowd figure. Looked terrible. Hope they counted all the smokers coming back in after halftime to make it look half decent.

Good win. Needed it after the Tigers upset win over the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Anyone know the crowd figure. Looked terrible. Hope they counted all the smokers coming back in after halftime to make it look half decent.

Good win. Needed it after the Tigers upset win over the Warriors.
    rain would of kept people away/hiding up under the roofs

Rep Player

Great first up win and with 3/4 the team new you could really tell we are in much better shape than last year. Taylor and Roberts were fantastic with Taylor really impressing given his lack of first grade experience. Our kicking game was superb. Forwards did a great job and our defense was miles ahead of last year. Mead was solid at fullback and again you cant bring Zillman into this team. McDonald and Douglas will come back in but thats it. If Zillman is fullback then I deadset give up on henry given all the great work he has already done with the team. Mortimer didnt do much given the game time and I really hope to see Mosely back soon.

Its only game 1 so cant get overly excited but honestly I really enjoyed watching that game and seeing our new combinations/plays.

crowd of 8,313. not too bad given conditions but i would've expected more for first round

That was pleasing to watch. Great team performance.

As mentioned by other Douglas to come in (for Pulu?) and Nene (for Davis?)
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Great wn tonight on the back of a forward pack that was hungry & aggressive , I old go as far as saying probably Birds best performance for the club, Passi looks to be building into a great front rower & Big Zeb really surprised me he has a huge motor & looked like he would play anoth 80 if needed, great kicking game from both 6 & 7,

Great way to kick the year off
    #itaintweaktospeak

Alot to be impressed\happy about that game, they actually were smiling on the field which i have not seen in a log time. Great Win, halves pairing looking good considering they have only been together for not long at all.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

yeah pretty solid across the field. as TP said, the guys nlooked like they were hitting blokes in numbers and were committed to working together as a forward pack.

Shillo must play the ball twice as quick as myles i reckon. He was good in first game.

in a team of good efforts, ill say bird, Paasi and the two half's went best, and a special mention to Mead who shouldnt wear the number 5 again.

Bring in Nene for Davis, who would have got alot from tonight and will go away and work on stuff till he is needed again.

Bring in Dougie for Pulu, who as Titanic mentioned ove ran his first two, but when Pauli Pauli smashed him late ( like he did on Soward last year - he has form as a late shot merchant ), he retuned fire, hit him hard, legal and knocked the ball out. thats a great effort from a rookie. He will see more time when injury inevitably occurs.

and If we dislike Zill... what must knights fans think of Uate...ohmigod

I agree with you re Greg Bird, Pete. I have absolutely no rap for that guy as everybody knows but he really played hard tonight.

We were so much fun to watch. Paasi may end up among my favourite ever Titans players - he is a genuine leader.

I loved the look of Olive, he looks a very likely type but I thought Davis had a long way to go especially in defence.

The kicking game has been mentioned but I can't speak highly enough of the defensive effort Taylor put in, he's got a really strong frame. And well done to Tyrone Roberts, he's going to have his fair share of shocking games this year but he was good tonight and plays with real speed. Fun to watch. Especially playing against Hodkinson who has to be the second most overpaid dud in the whole comp (behind Nate Myles!!).

There is a real positive vibe about the side. We should not kid ourselves that we are title contenders based on that but we should feel pleased to have a team to support that is well coached, plays hard and is entertaining.

my oath Karnage, this is a team id come and watch every week. there is a great team spirit surrounding them. so many guys giving it there all trying to make the most of the chance at titans, and they are all so happy for each when they do well.

and we have dougie and nene coming back, as well as Friend playing longer minutes normally and Paasi also got held off and would play more time if it were a closer game i think.

we have a squad that we can br proud of and watch develop.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    my oath Karnage, this is a team id come and watch every week. there is a great team spirit surrounding them. so many guys giving it there all trying to make the most of the chance at titans, and they are all so happy for each when they do well.

and we have dougie and nene coming back, as well as Friend playing longer minutes normally and Paasi also got held off and would play more time if it were a closer game i think.

we have a squad that we can br proud of and watch develop.
    I like the way you say 'watch develop'. They are not in the hunt this year but the nucleus of this team can lead future sides deep into September.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Great wn tonight on the back of a forward pack that was hungry & aggressive , I old go as far as saying probably Birds best performance for the club, Passi looks to be building into a great front rower & Big Zeb really surprised me he has a huge motor & looked like he would play anoth 80 if needed, great kicking game from both 6 & 7,

Great way to kick the year off
    About sums up what I reckon. I thought Paasi would get man of the match but when I saw Fox giving it to Bird I was happy with that. I was probably just rapt in Paasi's incredible development since last year. I was always supportive of Roberts coming here and I think he played a role today that allowed Ash t to settle in to the game, which he did and had more influence as the game went on. Couldn't really think of a bad player to be honest and although I think Newcastle will be in the last couple you can only beat what is in front of you. Really solid overall team performance.
    Of course like others I will be at a loss if Zilly gets straight back. A bloke that hasn't played since round 10 last year should be coming back through QCup but it's all been said before.

just saw the press conference and some news regarding our future.

1. Friendy isn't injured (as i had thought) but he copped a knock to the head and didn't return to the second half as a result of this.

2. Zillman is likely to return next week and most likely in the FB role. When asked about Mead at FB henry avoided the question about leaving Meady at FB but surely after tonight he has to give him a run.

3. Pettybourne has copped a knock and is unsure for next week.

If i personally had to pick a team for next week (and i am Assuming Zillman is in the squad and Pettybourne is rested)

1. Mead
    2. Don
    3. Hoffman
    4. Zillman
    5. Nene
    6. Roberts
    7. Taylor
    8. Shillo
    9. Friend
    10. Douglas
    11. james
    12. mcQueen