Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

how can the co-captain be bought back in......?

i don't ever want to see Zillman in this team again. Time to hang up the boots i reckon

- - - Updated - - -

at least the weather up there looks nice

- - - Updated - - -

don't understand how that was our knock on, looked to me like an offside from newcastle but...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Pulu over run twice ... back to the QCup.
    Is the alternate Burr though?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    i don't ever want to see Zillman in this team again. Time to hang up the boots i reckon

- - - Updated - - -

at least the weather up there looks nice
    "Injury forces retirement......?"

oh Newcastle just scored. Poor defence but the weather doesn't look too good

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Is the alternate Burr though?
    Douglas in, James to back row.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

With Zillman injured and Friend off since the 30th minute, did the club do the only sane thing and make Mortimer captain? Hopefully after this game he'll get a seat on the board of directors.

Well, I'm bloody happy with that!!!!!

That bloke Henry goes alright eh?

Great work !!!

Also happy with that and thought pretty much every one went well in patches. Sure we can nit pick but in the rain and first game up, great start. Hoffman's defence was fantastic but the one and only time he passed he passed into Uate's mit. Honestly that bloke could not pass wind after a dozen boxes of Heinz baked beans.

Generally though, I could not fault anybody's effort. I even felt Pulu redeemed himself after getting smashed by that cheap-shot from the big blouse Pauli Pauli.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well what a win for the lads! Great to start the season with a win and there were some positive signs. Just my thoughts:

-Halves were fairly good. Roberts steered us around the park, was solid in defence and did nothing wrong. Ash has a great kicking game. Might as well include Bird in here as he set up two tries with some great passes!

-Forwards looked much better and got us down field well. Shillo and McQueen made some strong carries but the real stand out was Paasi with 180m+ made. Taia very solid in D and Bird was solid as usual.

-Mead, do I need to go on? He should no doubt be our first choice fullback. So fearless under the high ball and a weapon in attack. Olive was strong and picked up a well deserved try. Davis went okay but hogged the ball a bit, not going to criticise though because he went good for a debutant. Don is the man and scored a freakish try.

-Friend helped us a lot when he was on especially stopping half breaks. Mortimer wasn't terrible but still passed a few shockers from hooker.

-Defence overall was solid and we held our own pretty well. Attack looked alright but for obvious reasons, still need a bit of gelling yet. Fairly good for a team that hasn't played together really.

So are we expecting Davis or Olive to drop out next week for Zillman who pushes Mead to the wing...such a shame.

Anyway great win and puts me in a good mood for the week! Up the Tits!
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Great win! PAASI!!!! He is a ripper. Mead at fullback was very good. Please don't bring Zillman back. So many positives. This team can only improve after that win. Really good stuff.

Not taking much out of that win to be honest, the Knights were awful.

There should be a riot if Zillman gets picked next week. He is a dead weight.

Pulu was a tad excited but looks good. he threw a great cut out pass too.
    Did Mortimer keep friend off for the 2nd half or was he injured? he had one of his better game bar for a few errors. I think friends speed is a big factor these days... we needed that zip and looked alot better with morts in there bar for friends tackling around the ruck.

So who do you drop?
    Olive made hoffman look good. Made 2 try saving tackles on Gagai from behind, then hoffman finally makes a tackle on him and gets praised by the commentators.
    Davis was solid, and his height is a big advantage.
    I wouldnt pick zillman again. Just cant fit him in.
    But when is MacDonald back? You think he would came straight back in too. I would rather Olive then Don but yeh. Atleast for once we have pressure on players to keep their spot.
    Last edited by patskE; 06-03-16 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Not taking much out of that win to be honest, the Knights were awful.
    Better than starting with a loss.......