Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

I often see some of you guys posting suggested teams that leave out Anthony Don.
    This guy is severely underrated. The teams lists every week should start with ...
    1. David Mead
    2. Anthony Don

QLD Cup

Great effort guys and good result. I also can't believe suggestions Don not in team. His fortuitous kick catch from Mortimer still required elusiveness to score. I look forward to the young outside backs improving but slowly does it. Let's see them carving it up in Q Cup before they are considered regulars in the top team. Bring on the Storm. That will be a real measure of where we are at and where we need to go.

Shillington a massive upgrade on Nate Myles
    Taia/McQueen a massive upgrade on Dave Taylor
    Friendy a massive upgrade on Beau Falloon

Sezer a big loss but Roberts will fill the void and hoping for a great season from the halfs.

Great start.

My five points although everyone has pretty much summed it all up

1. Mead has to be Fullback. We look so dangerous every time he touched the ball. Zilly offers nothing. Absolutely nothing from the back and doesn't deserve a spot. Zilly is a detrement (that's a word right?) to the side.

2. Our forwards looked great. Shillo was bending the line, Zeb was dangerous, McQueen solid as always, Birdy was one of our best, Vaha provided some aggression and looked strong, and Paasi what more can I say? Just unreal.

3. I don't think we need to buy another centre. It's great to know we have Nene coming back and Davis and Olive impressed me so much last night. Olive had solid carries, and a couple times Gagai slipped through the defence but on both occasions Olive mowed him down and forced a turnover. Davis looked good but needs to work on agility, pretty good defensively.

4. Tyrone + Ash are looking very good, easily dominated Hodkinson and Mullen who were non-existent last night. Those bombs were awesome.

5. Don is the most underrated winger in the NRL. Morts shouldn't be allowed to run the ball or kick.

Agree with all the above.

It will be interesting to see how they will figure out the 17 when Peteru and Douglas come back, just imaging Douglas, Paasi and Shillington bringing that ball up. How they balance who starts I do not know.

I am still adamant I don't want Mortimer in the team, I want to see Cullen given a shot in that utility position or even Greg Bird.

When Nathan Friend was on the field he was shooting up and stopping Newcastles attack, he really held the middle in defence. Where Mortimer is just a liability on the field and was lucky with half his attacking plays, a few of them could have easily resulted in an intercept try against a better team.

Overall very happy with the effort put in, including the early enthusiasm and I noticed a lot more communication during the game which you don't generally see from the Titans. Ash Taylor was directing and putting people in their place, this is what we have needed for quite some time.

If Friend can play 80, I would go 4 forwards on the bench.......

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    did he get injured? never saw him on the field after the 25 minute mark or so. I made a comment before but havnt seen anything about it. I thought morts had a decent game, his quickness out of dummy half compared to friend very noticeable. I love friends defence but he lacks that zip we need in attack.

yeah he had a head knock---- birdy was great, ash is improving (put on a few kg), want to see tyrone take on the line more
    bu good performance

hoffy also passed hopefully he learns to do that a little more even though uatai knocked it down

I will probably get put in my place for saying this, but I don't think Mortimer was as bad as some are saying. Sure, he's not starting hooker material, but as a utility he did the job. I also think the new jersey looked quite good.
    All in all, a good effort by the whole team, and I am looking forward to seeing if they can put in that sort of effort every week.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

agree- his kicks were crap but otherwise was ok

Very nice way to start the season, new guys looked good.

I forgot how much I had missed footy (even with the rain drenching everyone on the way out!).

I don't think we need 4 forwards on the bench. We have so many that are capable of big minutes as it is. Once we get Moseley back he will really make an impact off the bench I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    hoffy also passed hopefully he learns to do that a little more even though uatai knocked it down
    Ironically, if he had dummied he would have scored.

He can't.