Default Titans Blood Young Guns - Kelly, Wright and Leleisiuao

Titans blood young guns Brian Kelly, Shane Wright, Greg Leleisiuao at Nines
    An hour ago
    TRAVIS MEYN The Sunday Mail (Qld)

THE Titans have had a pre-season plagued with bad luck.

Star centre James Roberts walked out the door just before Christmas due to a contract bungle and rising halfback Kane Elgey suffered a season-ending knee injury early in the New Year.

The club has seen some positives recently, with the emergence of a new crop of players.

Youngsters Brian Kelly, Shane Wright and Greg Leleisiuao will be blooded in next weekend’s Auckland Nines as coach Neil Henry looks to the future.

They have improved dramatically during their first pre-season with an NRL squad and the Titans are looking to bring them into the fulltime system for the rest of the year even though they are still eligible for under-20s.

Kelly has been the standout of the group and is pushing for a berth at centre or wing while Wright is a rising back-rower. Leleisiuao is a powerful ballrunner who can play anywhere in the backline.

Henry is looking to continue the trio’s development and their manager Tas Bartlett said the club was working to keep them in the fulltime system.

“This year was about giving Brian a taste of fulltime training,” Bartlett said. “He’s had to grasp the attitude and work ethic you need for NRL training.

“He’s taken to it like a duck to water. He’s impressed all the coaching staff and they’re now looking to put something into place to allow him to continue training at the higher level and accelerate his development.

“Shane has surprised the coaching staff. He was a late inclusion and has shown he’s got a great motor and work ethic. He’s turning some heads. His priority is to remain at the Gold Coast.’’

Former Eels flyer Nathan Davis is another untapped centre who will get the chance to push for an NRL position at the Nines.

The Titans are down on centres after James Roberts left the club for Brisbane.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...medium=twitter
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I'm loving the fact we are focusing on becoming a development club making sure our talented juniors are the future. I'm so excited to get to meet the lads when they come to Auckland.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I'm loving the fact we are focusing on becoming a development club making sure our talented juniors are the future. I'm so excited to get to meet the lads when they come to Auckland.
    It's good to develop a player or 2 for the longterm but the ultimate goal is to become a recruitment powerhouse.

Whatever the situation is now, it appears the club is on the improve.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Nathan Davis? Is that in reference to us? any dets on him?

In reply to my own comment. Read some pages about him. He was a under20's Fullback for eels and had a bit of hype about him, a frame like Inglis. However going from the parra forums he was a bit to slow off the mark/to change direction and has no real step. They all thought he would be a good centre but and was being played out of postion. Sounds like he had/has potential.

Immortal

Story on GL from the Courier Mail

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...8cdf43a36d4f84

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    watching GL is going to be the highlight of the nines for me. plus the others of course, but mainly seeing this kid unleash in space.

Can't wait to meet GL and all the boys tonight

what time is our match is qld time

Just met them all, GL is a unit and so is BK. Wayyy bigger than what I'd imagine

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Just met them all, GL is a unit and so is BK. Wayyy bigger than what I'd imagine
    Cool mate. Are you one of the guys in the Twitter photo?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Cool mate. Are you one of the guys in the Twitter photo?
    maaaybe . Haha all of us in the photo were the only 'real Titans fans' there. You could tell everyone else there were there just because a rugby league team was there not because the Titans were there if you know what I mean

hope they go well