Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Star Player Titan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wide Bay
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    How so? They are both young guns coming through the ranks, both have pace, and both set up plays.
    They have different playing styles. Some similar qualities but very different players.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 06-01-16 at 05:17 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

  2. #17
    Junior KingElgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    They have different playing styles. Some similar qualities but very different players.
    How are they different?

  3. #18
    QLD Cup TitanSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Auckland, New-Zealand
    Posts
    798

    Default

    theyre very different mate

  4. #19
    Star Player Titan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wide Bay
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    How are they different?
    From what HS has been telling me - Taylor seems more like a player who plays to structure, controls a game and has a very good kicking game. Elgey on the other hand is more the creative half who comes up with the tricky plays. They have similar playing styles to Cronk (Taylor) and Thurston (LG).

    But you'd need to ask mdrew or HS for more in depth info.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

  5. #20
    QLD Cup TitanSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Auckland, New-Zealand
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Yeah Cronk and Thurston would be an excellent comparison to Ash and Kanes styles.

  6. #21
    Junior Barrels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Newie
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Yeah Cronk and Thurston would be an excellent comparison to Ash and Kanes styles.
    The thing that worries me about LG and Taylor is just that fact. How are we going to be hold onto them long term if they develop into big name players like cronk and thurston. hopefully we can forge some loyalty into them so they both stay and perhaps take unders. Need to make sure once Milford/Hunt retires they dont come calling back for Taylor like they did with Princey

  7. #22
    Moderator JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    3,894

    Default

    However he plays, can we make a rule that no one changes their name to anything with Ash or Taylor in it, seems to be a kiss of death for the player on this forum.

  8. #23
    Star Player Titan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Wide Bay
    Posts
    2,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    The thing that worries me about LG and Taylor is just that fact. How are we going to be hold onto them long term if they develop into big name players like cronk and thurston. hopefully we can forge some loyalty into them so they both stay and perhaps take unders. Need to make sure once Milford/Hunt retires they dont come calling back for Taylor like they did with Princey
    One way (that the club is doing right now) of doing it is by not overspending on other players. By not paying overs we are making sure we have cap space for our important players.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    One way (that the club is doing right now) of doing it is by not overspending on other players. By not paying overs we are making sure we have cap space for our important players.
    You are certainly correct there. Having a look at our roster, we are not overspending. They need to stash some money to ensure LG stays but other clubs seem to be able to manage to keep most of who they want and have a far stronger roster than ours.

    By the way this thread was about our chances of getting Copley - any news on that front.

  10. #25
    First Grader ozynorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Seems all quiet on the Copley front, hopefully that is good news for us.

  11. #26
    QLD Cup TitanSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Auckland, New-Zealand
    Posts
    798

    Default

    TWITTER

    GusGould10

    Terrific potential .. Agree .. Agree .. Not from what I hear

    - the last bit is if Gus thinks the Titans are a good chance of getting Copley..


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew