Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG's GONE

Default LG's GONE

ACL... gone for the season. Did it yesturday

wow
    its just keeps getting better n better...

I was feeling ok about next season due to him but now I am pretty devo...

The Aquis Gold Coast Titans and emerging halfback Kane Elgey were dealt a shocking New Year setback yesterday when the club’s 2015 rookie of the year suffered a serious knee injury in the first training session of 2016.

Elgey went down with what was first thought was a minor knee injury after an innocuous incident during a training drill. It was the team’s first session on the field since returning from a two-week break.

However, results of an MRI scan late yesterday revealed the local product, 10 days short of his 22nd birthday, has suffered a ruptured ACL and is resigned to missing the entire season.

“It’s a devastating blow for Kane and he has naturally taken it hard,” said Aquis Titans head coach Neil Henry.

“He showed his immense promise during his rookie season in 2015 and had been training extremely well, always among the leading group, and shown what great strides he had taken in confidence and maturity.

“We all really feel for him, Kane is such a popular and hard-working part of the group. But he is young and determined and he will overcome this setback and come back and continue to progress into a quality NRL player.”

Elgey’s mishap will obviously provide extra responsibility for newcomers in the halves, Tyrone Roberts and Ash Taylor, while the club has depth in the positions with Daniel Mortimer and utility player Karl Lawton, promoted from last year’s under-20s side, also in the squad.

“Kane emerged quickly last season after being given his chance through injury to Dan Mortimer,” Henry said. “Ash Taylor succeeded Kane as the Holden Cup player of the year and has the chance to make his mark in 2016.

“We are determined to overcome this and I’ve been very impressed with the group resolve and attitude of the squad during the pre-season.”
    Last edited by patskE; 05-01-16 at 08:08 AM.

QLD Cup

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse with the Broncos rubbing it in over Roberts. Now this.........phew

Well there goes a lot of the optimism for the season

WOW, just the news I wasn't waiting for... Lucky I hadn't made any calls regarding the wooden spoon yet
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Make me want to Spew.........

thats ****ed, plain and simple, going to be a long year .....again
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I have enough faith in Ash Taylor to produce a stunning first year like elgeys and even be awarded rookie of the year at the dallly m's but jeez, we can't catch a break. Maybe we are just that unlucky. Hope King even uses taylor compared to a Morts/Roberts partnership. Just another season of "rebuilding" i guess. If Kane doesn't leave us this season then we are extremely lucky. Don't even know he if he will return the same way after this injury but a year out of the radar could do him some good on the pressure front.

FFS, how bad is this year going to be?

I wish I hadn't already bought my 2016 membership, I can't imagine enjoying this season on any level.

Can the Titans just forfeit the entire season and we come back in 2017?

Gobsmacked about this injury words cannot explain how I feel for the Kane and the Titans, just got to move on and keep fighting the good fight

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Gobsmacked about this injury words cannot explain how I feel for the Kane and the Titans, just got to move on and keep fighting the good fight
    Agree lonegull. Move on and watch Taylor develop.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Only plus here is that Kane will have a year to rehab and bulk up and therefore potentially be a better defender as a result. I was hoping for Kane to be the 7 and for Ash Taylor to be able to find his feet in Q cup but I guess we will be given an earlier introduction to the young man. Let's hope he handles it as well as Kane did and next year they both blow the lights out in a big way.

WFMD and a little lol
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Bit more reading material for those interested.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227698753551

This was about the worst thing that could happen but I feel more for Kane. Get better soon mate.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER