Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks man!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    I believe he cannot openly talk to other managers until the deadline.we would be crazy to let him walk.
    Take in mind everyone, Phil Gould on Twitter is pretty damn sure he is coming to Titans. I asked him about rumours of Copey not wanting to go to Titans, he told me the rumour was nothing but a rumour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I would be throwing extra incentives at him now to make him want to activate his option early. You can bet your house that other clubs are already talking to his manager. If we start the season well and he is one of the reasons, the offers from elsewhere will only intensify. On the other hand if we start badly he might think why stay with a rabble.
    I take your point about him keeping his options open, as would I if in the same position, but I hope the Titans are well and truly in his ear.
    Gus said a club has already signed him. I think it's us.

Copley would be mint. Imagine him and Nene on the edges, wouldn't that be the biggest centre pairing in the NRL?

I heard a "rumour" we are after Jennings for next year. If Michael comes there is a chance the other boys would too. What this indicates to me is that Copley isn't coming, but it just very much a rumour. Anyone know what happened to Reynolds, was it false from the start or was there a chance.

i doubt Michael would come --- if we were after a jennings boy it would be one of his little bros

what is a definite is that he wont be at easts and penrith aren't keen on buying him back. We are one of the few clubs who have enough money to even make a convincing argument for him to come. I too doubt its validity but it is nice to speculate.

I'd like Robert out of the three. I think Michael is past it but I'd still take him in our centre situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I'd like Robert out of the three. I think Michael is past it but I'd still take him in our centre situation.
    Michael Jennings past it? You must be joking surely.

Would take him in a shot but if the chooks let him go I would want to know why. A fair swap would be they can have Nene back and we'll take Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Michael Jennings past it? You must be joking surely.

Would take him in a shot but if the chooks let him go I would want to know why. A fair swap would be they can have Nene back and we'll take Jennings.

Ahem cough cough........ They can have Zilly in a swap mate ;-).
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Not Nene mate. Literally anyone else but Nene.

I don't think we can afford to trade anyone this year. We need all hands on deck (even Zillman). Zillman is one of our better players that we have contracted this year so he will be playing a major part in this years team performance, whether we like it or not. No I haven't been drinking today.

Where are we hearing the Michael Jennings rumours anyway? Surely it would be George Jennings or Robert up fro grabs so that Copley can go to Penrith to meet up with Griffith?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Where are we hearing the Michael Jennings rumours anyway? Surely it would be George Jennings or Robert up fro grabs so that Copley can go to Penrith to meet up with Griffith?
    Heard it off a good mate of mine. He used to work with the knights but has since retired and kept "in the loop". He called Sezers move to Canberra about 2 days before an official story on it, aswell as a few others, he gets some good calls and some bad calls. Gould has denied any Penrith want of Copley but he cant really speak for griff.

I don't think we can afford to trade anyone this year. We need all hands on deck (even Zillman). Zillman is one of our better players that we have contracted this year so he will be playing a major part in this years team performance, whether we like it or not. No I haven't been drinking today.

I agree we are not in a position to trade anyone........however there are many players I would sacrifice to get Jennings M. I think you are right though, it must be one of the other Jennings.
    Interesting thread this. We would be linked to over a hundred players but we only have one in McQueen who was almost left on our doorstep and we took him in.
    Zillman looks like our standout centre at the moment and that is a huge worry. I cannot forget Nene's defensive errors last year to have much faith in him yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Gould has denied any Penrith want of Copley but he cant really speak for griff.
    Well he can really as he is the boss. I wouldn't believe a word he says though when it comes to signings.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Copley would be mint. Imagine him and Nene on the edges, wouldn't that be the biggest centre pairing in the NRL?
    Imagine Copley and that strength he has running off Elgey....

- - - Updated - - -

I heard a "rumour" we are after Jennings for next year. If Michael comes there is a chance the other boys would too. What this indicates to me is that Copley isn't coming, but it just very much a rumour. Anyone know what happened to Reynolds, was it false from the start or was there a chance.
    The Reynolds story was gibberish unfortunately

- - - Updated - - -

Copley isn't going to Penrith. Phil Gould was asked on Twitter if Penrith was making a play at him, and Gus said that another team has already signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    Copley isn't going to Penrith. Phil Gould was asked on Twitter if Penrith was making a play at him, and Gus said that another team has already signed him.
    I hope its us but as Mexican Titan said, and I too a point confirm, Gould can sometimes be off the mark. We at least have another 10 day wait before we find out where he is going.

Default Copley to Either Titans, Cowboys or Roosters?

After Gus Gould has denied any talkings of his club with Dale Copley, it leaves 3 teams in the race to catch the former Broncos centre. Recent rumours of Copley not interested in the Titans have been turned down again by Gould, and the Panthers Manager is certain that Dale has already signed with a club in QLD.
    Gus_Gould1.jpg
    Gus_Gould1.jpgGus_Gould2.jpg