Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Henry Announces Confidence In 2016 Finals Success & Implicates More Signings

The hottest player on the open market at the moment is abandoned Broncos centre Dale Copley. Copley has supposedly been freed from his new contract with Brisbane and is now being sopped around by multiple clubs after James Roberts joined the squad last week. Many rumours have been flying everywhere as to where he is headed, with Titans heavily said to be at the front line to pick up the versatile back. Since then, Neil Henry has announced his confidence in his team for the coming 2016 NRL season, saying that he feels the depth across the board has improved greatly, and giving Titans fans hopes by saying that Chris McQueen will not being the last late signing for the team, mentioning the positions of outside backs and fronts.
    Could this implication hint at Dale Copley? If you haven't already seen, on Twitter yesterday, Phil Gould replied to a person that Copley had already been bought by a team. And with the help of Henry's outside backs statement, it leads us to believe that Copley may be on the way.

Well, we are the only club that Copley has a walk in centre spot.. Surely we'd be the best choice also considering he's studying in SEQ.

It seems like a perfect fit...time will tell i guess

heard he doesnt want to come to us because of how much trouble we can get into but whatever happens i guess

Where'd you hear this mate?

Interesting. Will have to do some more asking around. Thanks for the link mate

no probs man, welcome to the forums.

Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    Thanks bro!
    welcome mate. glad to have new contributors, and especially one channelling our new great hope.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    welcome mate. glad to have new contributors, and especially one channelling our new great hope.
    Who is not signed beyond this year - is that still the case??
    That makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    That makes me nervous.
    it would be foolish for him to re sign 3 months before the season starts. he has until mid june to activate his second year. the kid is also looking to buy a new house so he has other affairs. I'm not too worried, if we start the season well it would be a good enticement for him to activate his second year.

That makes me nervous.
    Yeah still the case. Once again leaving the door open for someone to swoop in. We made that mistake by letting the league community see his talent before he was properly contracted to us and it cost us more in the long run when we got into a bidding war with Manly. Looks like we are happy to do the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    it would be foolish for him to re sign 3 months before the season starts. he has until mid june to activate his second year. the kid is also looking to buy a new house so he has other affairs. I'm not too worried, if we start the season well it would be a good enticement for him to activate his second year.
    I would be throwing extra incentives at him now to make him want to activate his option early. You can bet your house that other clubs are already talking to his manager. If we start the season well and he is one of the reasons, the offers from elsewhere will only intensify. On the other hand if we start badly he might think why stay with a rabble.
    I take your point about him keeping his options open, as would I if in the same position, but I hope the Titans are well and truly in his ear.

I would be throwing extra incentives at him now to make him want to activate his option early. You can bet your house that other clubs are already talking to his manager. If we start the season well and he is one of the reasons, the offers from elsewhere will only intensify. On the other hand if we start badly he might think why stay with a rabble.
    I take your point about him keeping his options open, as would I if in the same position, but I hope the Titans are well and truly in his ear.
    I believe he cannot openly talk to other managers until the deadline.we would be crazy to let him walk.