Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland 9's

Rep Player

Much better game! Paasi was an absolute BEAST!!! is looking like he is in career best form with some crushing runs! Cant wait to see Roberts and Taylor feeding it to him out wide this year. Roberts looks fantastic think he will be great for us this year. Bird had a great game!!! Great kicking from Taylor and some a bit of experience for our young guys coming through Kelly looks bloody quick! This game finally gives us some hope! Hopefully that means no more Morts and Zilly 2016

Passi is a bloody beast hahaha. Flys through the air and runs 30m before popping it to Davis.

We played better in that game.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Great game by the Titans, Passi best on ground, hopefully Mortimer is left out tommorow as well

i really think we could take out this comp. It's clear Mortimer is one of the big issues but everyone had a fantastic game. Paasi is incredible i'll give him credit becuase he is something else. Taylor and roberts looked incredibly comfortable in that match so I am rather excited for what they could do later this year.

Again, dont want to base too much after 18 minutes of 9s football but that was night and day from our first run.

Paasi, obviously was huge. First i have seen of Brian Kelly in that arena and he didnt look out of place. Quick and explosive.

Was a real difference having a solid dummy half there too. Srama didnt do anything special but was solid in defence. Is Moseley injured ?

Wont happen but would love same squad as 2nd game, but maybe Nene and Shannon Walker for Nathan Davis and Jeff Lynch.

Paasi has been our best player in 3 of our last 5 matches if u include end of last year. i would not be suprised if he keeps developing and makes a kiwi squad in next 2 years. he is right up there for explosive running forwards, plus he also looks like he is trying to lead and set a tone, unlike some of our recent forwards, especially the one who left for Manly.

Peteru was strong also

Tyrone has good skills and will be at least Sezer equal, but probably has more upside with his creativity.

Morts.. enough has been said.

GL and Kelly hardly got any ball, either did Walker. seriously we used the forwards too much and these guys were left rotting out wide.

tomorrow all depends which team turns up? If we play anything like the second game we will beat the dragons and play some finals.

- - - Updated - - -

also, 18 minutes is so unsatisfying.

nines really is for league lovers rathers than team supporters- if you just support your team and don't care about the rest, its a long day with 2 brief periods of fun or stress when ur team is on.

Just came back from it

Paasi was unreal and had the play of the day easily.

Peteru was a beast in the middle making some great tackles and hit-ups

Morts shouldn't play this season, Srama looked better.

GL looked explosive as hell but didn't get much ball, hopefully he moves in closer to the action tomorrow.

BK got taught a lesson by Waqa but came back with some aggressive runs and tackles.

Ash and Tyrone looked great. Both impressed me today.

Nathan Davis was actually one of our best in the Raiders game. I reckon he could become a back-rower, he worked hard in defence and his kick-offs were beautiful.

Walker needs more ball, you can tell he tears up when he gets it

Fingers crossed we can beat/lose to the Dragons by a couple points and we'll make it through.

we look ok-- ash has struggled a little with defense
    but is doin ok

Couldn't be bothered keeping the family at home all day to listen to the commentators and so waited until I got home again to watch the 2nd game replay ... yep, chalk and cheese to the first. Mortimer's exclusion meant that we had creativeness in the middle.

Paasi had a great game but his enthusiasm fed the younger brigade I thought. GL, BK, Mead, Bird, Srama, Taylor and Roberts all had a good dig but the guy who impressed me most was Nathan Davis. I'm looking forward to watching more of him. Anyway, one win is so much better than none and how good is it to see the young guys getting some quality minutes?

And I think it's so much more respectful to have the A Grade coach in attendance. Shame on those prima donnas who have stayed at home ... onya Neil Henry.
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-02-16 at 10:43 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

yep titanic i posted similar above - Paasi seemed to want to lead and lift the team. his effort is great. i think he is in for a break through year where the whole NRL will have to take notice. and hopefully as we gave him a chance when he was down and out - he replays the faith and stays with us for the long haul.

Ill have to watch more of Davis.

I haven't had a chance to watch the 9's yet, but from reading the thread, Tyrone Roberts has been pretty impressive thus far? That's a huge shock to me, after trash talking the club for signing the guy all off-season.

he has just played nice and simple, using his good passing game to get the ball around, and also a ncie run too.

looks composed and comfortable as our general

I watched a replay of the first game. Mortimer isn't my MAIN concern because he'll struggle to get into the team (unless we overlook Ash Taylor) my concern is Burr. Still grasping at air for tackles and handing out penalties like dollar bills in a strip club.

Looks like Manly are enjoying Dan Ferris as their conditioning coach.

Mead's killing it. St George are terrible. And I find it interesting the Broncos made Jimmy play a trial rather than come to the nines.