Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland 9's

Default Auckland 9's

just thread to see how everyone thinks we will go
    who should we pick, who will be the toughest opponent ect..

my pick is the the warriors will be hard to beat, and for our pool if james tedesco, mitchel moses, luke brooks are picked they could be a fast team (they have some quick outside backs to)

Prediction: we'll win one of three and come home injury free but knowing that 2016 will be another year of rebuilding.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Lol Manzo Tigers aren't in our pool. If we had Jimmy we'd probably make it out of Pool play. If sharks pick Holmes, Bird, Nu Brown and Gagan I think they'll be hard to beat. Dragons will go allright, I don't think Raiders will pick a strong side. My squad would be this

Josh Hoffman
    David Mead
    Anthony Don
    Nene MacDonald
    Greg Leleisiuao
    Brian Kelly
    Leva Li

Kane Elgey
    Tyrone Roberts
    Nathan Friend
    Karl Lawton

Greg Bird
    Chris McQueen
    Zeb Taia
    Nathaniel Peteru
    Agnatius Paasi
    Leivaha Pulu
    Sami Sauiluma

*Luke Douglas
    *Jed Cartwright
    *Nathan Davis
    *Shannon Walker
    *Ash Taylor

7 backs, 4 hooker halves and 7 forwards. The ones with an asterisk are ones that just miss out but I'd still love to have.

I know we'll have Zillman in the team but he doesn't even get close to a spot IMO.

I'd like to see how Ash Taylor would go but I feel Toberts and LG would be better at the format.

I'd give Karl Lawton a shot even though Moseley was pretty good at the nines last year.

I'd play Sami Sauiluma in the forwards, I remember him being good for the Sharks at the last nines and I think he'd be powerful up the middle. Give Leivaha a shot for sure. McQueen would be an obvious choice.

sorry mate misread it

here are the pools so i can get it right this time

Pool Hunua: Bulldogs, Sea Eagles, Warriors, Broncos
    Pool Waiheke: Roosters, Rabbitohs, Eels, Storm
    Pool Rangitoto: Knights, Cowboys, Panthers, Wests Tigers
    Pool Piha: Dragons, Raiders, Sharks, Titans

- - - Updated - - -

also by the way does any one have any of the full match replays of the 9's last year? cant find on nrl or utube...
    thanks

9s will still be all about defence so dont be expecting too much unless this issue has been addressed in the off season.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

When's the squad going to be announced?

The Aquis Titans will send a young, and very much a new look, team to compete at the Auckland Nines during the first weekend of February.

The 18-man squad, subject to fitness tests early next week, contains eight players new to last year’s squad that played in the NRL and five players who were playing Holden Cup in 2015.

Wearing the Titans jersey for the first time are Chris McQueen, Tyrone Roberts, Ash Taylor and Nathan Davis while others who were not in Neil Henry’s squad in 2015 are triallist Shannon Walker, plus members of last year’s Gold Training under-20s team Shane Wright, Brian Kelly and Greg Leleisiuao (pictured).

That leaves three teenagers in Leleisiaou (18), Kelly and Wright (both 19) and 20-year-olds Taylor and Davis, who last season played under-20s for Parramatta.

“We have picked a team that we feel is suited to Nines and there is a good mix of youth and experience,” said coach Neil Henry.

“Shane, Greg and Brian, who are still eligible for under-20s, have trained well with the NRL squad during the pre-season and this is a well-earned reward for them.

“Shannon Walker is very quick and has had a lot of experience with the Australian Rugby Sevens and is keen to do well in Auckland and the trials as he’s trialling for a contract. He’ll be exciting to watch.

“It’s great to see Will Zillman has recovered from the back injury that forced him out from round 10 last year while Matt Srama has recovered well from a shoulder operation and has worked really hard.

“When you add Greg Bird, Chris McQueen, David Mead, Ryan James, Tyrone Roberts and Daniel Mortimer, there’s plenty of experience too but generally it’s a young side with a lot of exciting new faces.”

The youngest player, Leleisiaou, is a strongly built outside back while Wright, who is in the QAS Queensland under-20s Emerging Squad, is a back-rower. Winger/centre Kelly scored four tries for NSW in the under-20s Origin clash last year while Taylor was the 2015 Holden Cup player of the year.

TITANS’ AUCKLAND NINES SQUAD:

Greg Bird

Lachlan Burr

Nathan Davis

Ryan James

Brian Kelly

Greg Leleisiuao

Nene Macdonald

Chris McQueen

David Mead

Daniel Mortimer

Agnatius Paasi

Nathaniel Peteru

Tyrone Roberts

Matt Srama

Ash Taylor

Shannon Walker

Shane Wright

William Zillman
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Nice squad but Pulu should be there instead of Burr 100%

we dont know where pulu is for fitness / injury, coach might want him in the normal trials. doesn't necessarily mean he is behind burr for the Rd 1.

other than that - i like it. no plodders like myles and harro in the last few years.

giving heaps the kids a go. pretty much all of the decent kids are getting a run, plus walker. will be awesome for us as fans to see these guys in a cameo, then wait for them to graduate and make the NRL team.

If we have a competitive game plan ratehr than just throwing it around - i reckon we will do well. If we had LG and his attack i reckon we would really come out blazing.

I don't care where we come I'm just so excited to see some young guns tear the place up

HJopefully this will be the preview to some of these young guys careers. very quick side. So happy to see GL there.

Even this older slower version of Shannon will be too much for most the 9s comp when he gets his dancing shoes on
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Who is shane wright and how does he go playing?

shane wright under 20 backrower