Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland 9's

Just checked the NRL website and also the Titan's website to check trial teams and dates and they have us playing the Warriors in NZ and the Eels in Alice Springs both on 13th on both websites?? Now I am confused.

How good was Paasi. We've found ourselves a cult hero. Lets hope he gets plenty of playing time this season.

The boys played well much batter than i thought they would, Puts a glimmer of hope on the season, as long as they can all stay fit and injury free we should do ok.

As for the 9s, still not a fan i find it pretty boring to be honest, each to there own.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Just checked the NRL website and also the Titan's website to check trial teams and dates and they have us playing the Warriors in NZ and the Eels in Alice Springs both on 13th on both websites?? Now I am confused.
    we are. Its very weird scheduling from both sides. glad we did well. the confidence and experience should help us this year.

- - - Updated - - -

where can i find team of the tournament?

yeah we are splitting into two groups to play trials. otherwise you get 28 -30 blokes trying to get game time and it doesn't give anyone much time to show anything or work on stuff.

Can anyone tell me why Shannon Walker didn't get any game time please.

Given that he has a lot of 7's expereince, is one of the fastest guys going around and that he has nothing to lose risking his hamstrings playing 9's, why didn't he get a chance to try and show his stuff?
    To be honest, A.Don looked very slow and lanky out there, I thought we could have done with some extra strike power out wide.
    I'm not totally disappointed with the end result but I did feel we needed some extra speed on the other wing,

Was content with that result. After 1st game yesterday, to think we would make the semis was laughable.

As i said yesterday, after a long offseason and a tough couple of years, i was just hoping for some positive signs and there was plenty.

Beside the brilliance, i was also really impressed with how fit Paasi looked. Played plenty of minutes for a big man and looked great. Actually all of our squad looked fit and sharp.

A forward pack of Bird, Mcqueen, Paasi, Douglas, Friend, Shillington with bench of James, Pettybourne, Burr (?) and Moseley looks more than solid.

Still lacking some real class out wide but there was some encouraging signs this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Can anyone tell me why Shannon Walker didn't get any game time please.

Given that he has a lot of 7's expereince, is one of the fastest guys going around and that he has nothing to lose risking his hamstrings playing 9's, why didn't he get a chance to try and show his stuff?
    To be honest, A.Don looked very slow and lanky out there, I thought we could have done with some extra strike power out wide.
    I'm not totally disappointed with the end result but I did feel we needed some extra speed on the other wing,
    hamstring strain from first game. if its a bit of a strain / tight i think its fair to leave him out rather than risk it on a gimmicky weekend. I want to win, but its not worth losing a player for months over.

And i imagine he has plenty to lose if he tore it playing on. I don't think he could have won a contract playing well this weekend, but if he did his hammy he could certainly have lost the chance to earn one in the next few trials.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Was content with that result. After 1st game yesterday, to think we would make the semis was laughable.

As i said yesterday, after a long offseason and a tough couple of years, i was just hoping for some positive signs and there was plenty.

Beside the brilliance, i was also really impressed with how fit Paasi looked. Played plenty of minutes for a big man and looked great. Actually all of our squad looked fit and sharp.

A forward pack of Bird, Mcqueen, Paasi, Douglas, Friend, Shillington with bench of James, Pettybourne, Burr (?) and Moseley looks more than solid.

Still lacking some real class out wide but there was some encouraging signs this weekend.
    i think we saw there is class coming through, and as for Burr...noooo. it would be Zeb Taia or Peteru by a mile over Burr

One thing is for sure, GL could become a solid centre in the not too distant future.

I highly doubt he'll get a fb spot in first grade, he's too big and only going to get bigger.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    anyway to watch any of our full match replays?
    if you have a vpn you can point to servers in Japan or the Netherlands and watch the whole thing ... great free short cut to every NRL match live and stored especially for those abroad.

And teke's right, GL will serve us better as a centre, in fact if you consider those young blokes then if Henry has some options there over Zillman. As for Mortimer, gee, I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Titanic; 07-02-16 at 05:25 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

think i saw some on youtube already? when i watched King Elgeys highlights package they were the suggested vids to watch next

- - - Updated - - -

our top scorers and assists were:

top try scorers
    Paasi - 3
    Mcqueen - 3
    Mead - 2
    Bird - 2
    Don - 2

top try assist were:

Paasi - 2
    Ash Taylor - 2
    Tyrone - 2

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    hamstring strain from first game. if its a bit of a strain / tight i think its fair to leave him out rather than risk it on a gimmicky weekend. I want to win, but its not worth losing a player for months over.

And i imagine he has plenty to lose if he tore it playing on. I don't think he could have won a contract playing well this weekend, but if he did his hammy he could certainly have lost the chance to earn one in the next few trials.

- - - Updated - - -

i think we saw there is class coming through, and as for Burr...noooo. it would be Zeb Taia or Peteru by a mile over Burr
    Thanks, completely forgot about Taia. Remember reading an article about him training on one edge with McQueen on the other. Definitely him over Burr.

Just watched replays of our games and one bloke who did impress and done the hard yards was Peteru, rewatching the games I didn't relause how much work he got through and made some good ground and looks to have added an offload to his game

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Just watched replays of our games and one bloke who did impress and done the hard yards was Peteru, rewatching the games I didn't relause how much work he got through and made some good ground and looks to have added an offload to his game
    Peteru was definitely an unsung hero for us. He made some huge defensive plays that I felt went unnoticed. He'd be on my bench or at least in the 18.

yeah i want Peteru on the bench or if not he's 18th man. He's only a bit of fitness and confidence from breaking out like paasi i swear. Maybe not with leaping catches, try assists and drop kick conversions... but becoming a genuine metre eating prop that the whole NRL will go ' where did THIS guy come from', and all of a sudden we have a new James Tamou.

He makes good ground after contact, gets his arms free and wriggles extra metres.