Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Auckland 9's

i wouldn't play morts in the rest of the comp. McQueen was descent in defence but that lost ball cost us big. Tyrone was actually really good, so was taylor. our defence is so unorganised but there are a few small positives.

Even though it's our first game , and the season hasn't really started. It's really disappointing that the BAD habits are still there. Daniel Mortimer should not be in the team even the 9's. Tyrone Roberts was our best & hope he continues playing well.Looking for a much better performance in the 2nd pool game.

Wow that was pretty bad, looks like no improvement from last year.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

we're still giving away silly penalties too.

Just rewatched the game. This was Mortimers touches (excluding dummy half passes)

Gets put on hus backside trying to tackle Heighnigton

Slaps Jack Bird twice trying to tackle him

Last tackle, metre out from try line, wraps around Burr, kicks for corner, no titan within 10 metres of getting the ball. If he pass out the back to Roberts we score. Turnover

Last tackle in defence, gets burnt by Barba who scores

GL makes break down sideline, passes inside to Mortimer who is tackled and then drops the ball trying to play it. Turnover.

Gets substituted.

Sharks score just before halftime, Mortimer back on.

Sharks short kick and regather, Barba runs around Mortimer and makes 30 metres, Sharks nearly score in corner.

Sharks reach out to score under the posts and knockon. Burr picks up the ball and passes to Mortimer metre out from our tryline. He looks up and gets smashed by Luke Lewis. Drops the ball over his shoulder and Sharks score however is called back for original knock on.

HALFTIME

Titans attacking near tryline. Bird kicks for corner, too long but GL knocks it back infield. Barba passes to Luteule ingoal, who breaks through Mortimer tackle to get out of ingoal.

40 seconds to go, Jack Bird steps around Mortimer, runs in to Ash Taylor, bounces off him back inside to Mortimer, breaks his tackle and scores.

Yes , it was that bad.

I wonder what Steve Mortimer thinks when he watches such inept performances ... blames it on the missus? Otherwise we looked better in the second half ... just.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

OK I'm tuned in, this really snuck up on me.

I hear we didn't go so well. I hope to hear better news on McQueen.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I'm hoping we get some luck against the raiders! But if we play like that being lost and confused with no set plays, we'll get well beaten by the Raiders!

Sharks win despite Titans fightback
    http://www.nrl.com/

A second-half fightback from the Titans through their new playmaking pair of Tyrone Roberts and Ash Taylor wasn't enough to stop a convincing Cronulla win in the final first-round pool match of the weekend.

A beautiful solo try from Ben Barba opened the scoring next to the posts and former Ipswich playmaker Josh Cleeland bagged Cronulla's second when he finished off a fine team try initiated by Chad Townsend just before half-time to make it 12-0 at the break.

The Titans were first to score in the second half when a long ball from new recruit Tyrone Roberts created some space for David Mead and things got awkward from Cronulla when they allowed the restart to go dead. Another new playmaker in Ash Taylor then put Greg Bird over and level up at 12-all.

A 50-metre try from Mitch Brown put the Sharks back in front with a seven-point try and with the clock winding down Jack Bird iced the win with a powerful solo try.

It was the first taste of Nines rugby league for Sharks co-captain Luke Lewis.

"It was good to have a hit out there with the young guys that I haven't played with before. It was a little bit different, it was quick around the ruck but you just had to shut the gate," he told NRL.com.

"It was a good experience, I was supposed to come last year and I had a bit of a hiccup so I'm just glad to be here. It's been a fun couple of days, real upbeat, and it's been enjoyable."

Roberts said there were some positive signs for his halves combination with Taylor.

"He started on the bench so when he came on it was good to link together and we still have a couple of games to go to build on it," Roberts told NRL.com.

"Coming to the Gold Coast has been easy going though, all the boys are good, but now it's just a matter of building on our connections now."

Cronulla Sharks 23 (Barba, Cleeland, Brown, Bird tries) def Gold Coast Titans 12 (Mead, Bird tries)
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I wonder what Steve Mortimer thinks when he watches such inept performances ... blames it on the missus? Otherwise we looked better in the second half ... just.
    Probably glad he's only his uncle. His dad is Peter Mortimer��

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Probably glad he's only his uncle. His dad is Peter Mortimer��
    That explains it he was a plodder too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

To echo the others Morts (why did we not want him to go to the bulldogs again) proves he is no playmaker and 4th best hooker backup at best. Mcqueen way too sloppy but solid in defence. We looked pretty slow all round out there today. Roberts and Taylor looked great. Not expecting much out of our next 2 games

Missed the game but from all reports Morts didn't do too well. So what does this say about the people "coaching" and running this team that they make him captain for the Nines?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Missed the game but from all reports Morts didn't do too well. So what does this say about the people "coaching" and running this team that they make him captain for the Nines?
    He could have shown great promise in training. However overall i agree he shouldn't be captain. someone like birdy or mcqueen or even roberts. what'd we all think of walker. i didn't see him around too much
    Last edited by Barrels; 06-02-16 at 03:39 PM.

Rep Player

haha! Morts on the bench for this game by the looks. The coaching staff arent blind it seems

- - - Updated - - -

First carry dropped FFS!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Great try Paasi looking better in attack already