Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    No matey, not at all. All good and I reckon the enthusiasm you bring is great.
    sarcasm? If not then Thanks!

Immortal

Haha mate, yes tried the same thing and got the same result!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I've been at odds with the Titans Marketing operations for a while and this is another example of why I think they need a reboot. Offered my services too but to no avail...

I have had to bite my lip about the jerseys after being shown them earlier, absolutely hate & wouldn't wear the home jersey for a bet the Helmet design is a joke , away jersey I like but Heritage I think is great ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Blended in mind should read "blendered" … won't be buying any of them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Can someone explain why lots of you on here do not like the helmet design? While it isn't a traditional design with the chevron and it is gimmicky, the jersey actually looks quite good. But apparently because it has 'helmet tummy' it is a terrible jersey that you won't buy. I think the jersey is actually alright this year.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I'm pretty happy with all of the jerseys. Away and heritage look sharp. The helmet is okay and I don't mind the detail in the home jersey. The nines jersey is an abomination but we only need to look at it for an hour Or so I've a weekend so who cares.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Haha I quite like the whole 'gimmicky' look. Idk why I like this home jersey wayyyyy more than last years one that's for sure

The heritage jersey is the only jersey that I would even consider buying, but it's not "heritagey" enough for me.
    The 9's jersey is just another failed art-school drop-outs attempt at something edgy, but they failed at that too.
    The away jersey is ok, but not as good as previous years IMO.
    I'll just keep wearing my old Jetstar jersey. Still my fave.

I agree though I'm not a fan of the Heritage jersey. The 2008 one was the best heritage jersey ever. Hate the nines. Quite like the away and I really love the home one.

If anyone cares Zillman replaced Roberts
    #itaintweaktospeak

Can someone explain what the Membership partnership with Warner Bros means to Members?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Can someone explain what the Membership partnership with Warner Bros means to Members?
    From the Titans article it says "members will receive access and ticketing offers to events at Movie World, Sea World, Wet 'n' Wild and also special membership events." And that all theme park logos will feature on various items on the membership apparel.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I'll buy the home and away. But I'm not overjoyed.

It is a return of the helmet, but it is helped by our fantastic colours and there are some nice quality touches the jersey. I'd like to see it in real life first.

I wish we could move the THF logo, I just find the colours too distracting. But I love the Aquis sponsorship integration.

The heritage jersey isn't a heritage jersey, so what is the point? Just give us a fully fledged CHARGERS jersey! Why does it need to be in Titans colours? Most other clubs have done all different kinds of colours like the brown Panthers, royal blue Cowboys or the glorious Auckland style jersey.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

i thought the night was great. reminded me that even without 'superstars' we still have a club of players i can get behind.

I bumped into LG in the carpark beforehand and i was almost starstruck. and when dougie, bird, zllman and ryan james walked out for the signings, the whole crowd clapped and acknowledged them as our 'leaders' so to speak.

I think bird, for all his troubles, is as proud a titan as we've had since the original guys. He does love the club.

I personally dont like ANY of the jerseys, although the home which i was 100% against after seeing a leaked image a month or two ago, im only 90% against now - it looks slightly better in person than on the picture i saw. reminds me of a bad newcastle jersey if you switch the red for our yellow. just a training jersey - not NRL match day quality. A shame, but im glad some people like it at least. im happy to be one of the odd ones out, and i have the full set of last jerseys which i tohght were our best batch so i can happily wear those for a while.

the sharp lines in the upper chest of the away jersey - meh. if you change the white on the jersey to purple and the blue lines to yellow - you have yourself a storm jersey folks, congratulations.

heritage - is just not. its one too many iteration's away from a heritage strip that was already a few iterations away from anything we've ever worn. We have lost touch or connection with history now. a shame.

9's...best of the bunch imo, but like all the others - not as good as last years for me.

shame of it is i LOVE BLK. i buy alot of their stuff and keep and eye on their sales. GRRRR. ill skip this generation of jerseys i guess and lok forward to xmas in about 2018.

overal though the night was so good. i didnt intend to sit for the signing or stunt or the reveal, but kept wanting to hang around. i felt a sense of pride in the club and comraderie in the stands between members and i felt great about it.

also special mention to Mead, LG, Don, Zillman and Ash Taylor - seemed to be the friendliest guys when signing stuff and chatting to kids. i do feel some of the younger players, especialy then islander guys seemed shy and weren't rude at all, just not comfortable talking to strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Can someone explain why lots of you on here do not like the helmet design? While it isn't a traditional design with the chevron and it is gimmicky, the jersey actually looks quite good. But apparently because it has 'helmet tummy' it is a terrible jersey that you won't buy. I think the jersey is actually alright this year.
    Firstly, I want to say before I give my personal opinion to this question that any jersey will have it's supporters and detractors no matter how great it looks to me personally...but the overall success is what the vast majority of supporters think of the design and secondly I want to state this is not having a go at @Titan4Life or any other person who actually likes the helmet design as they are equally entitled to their opinion about a design as it is very subjective.

My belief about football clubs and their jerseys is that the most prominent feature should always be the reflection of the colours of the club in a great design or blend that aesthetically the majority of people like and/or what to associate with their club. You only have to look at the Rabbitohs, Roosters, Broncos, Manly, St George etc. for examples of club colours being the dominant force behind their design...this in turn brings out the colours in their supporters when they gather as a large group...a perfect example of this is it looks amazing when the burrow gets together on masse. IMO the colours comes first and then you design something that looks aesthetically pleasing to the eye...design conventions can date etc. as each generation comes through but the colours are consistent.

In the helmet design IMO their desire to have part of logo in the design regardless of how aesthetically wrong it looks demonstrates poor marketing. I just don't get this desire to place this element of our logo in the design...have a look at the vast majority of club's designs and you won't see this...eg. you don't see a giant horse in the jersey design of the broncos, you don't see a giant element of a rabbitoh in the souths design, or a knight, or a dragon or a rooster for that matter...why?...IMO because it looks aesthetically wrong and gimmicky and more importantly the vast majority of people won't buy it. Colours first and use good design principles with these colours to great effect reflecting the changing society...eg. the chevron comes from a certain era and although it reflects a former period in rugby league history I recognise clubs need to move with the times and change it up.

My feeling on this is they want to appeal to the kids or a younger generation of supporter but IMO you can still do this without compromising your colours in a bad design for the home jersey. Bring out another jersey for special occasions that may reflect a super hero concept e.g. what the roosters have done or what parra has done with their nines jersey for next year.

The helmet design may look slightly ok on thin and/or muscular individuals but place it on someone who might be carrying a few extra pounds and it is hideous and aesthetically wrong...and lets face it in today's society this is becoming more common.

So looking at our jerseys over the years you would have to question what is our true colours of blue and yellow/orange because we keep changing the darkness of them...look at our supporters on masse and you don't get the effect of other clubs...IMO this is down to poor marketing.

As i said at the beginning I acknowledge it is a personal and subjective opinion regarding jersey designs but surely they learnt from the last attempt at the helmet design that it is just not aesthetically pleasing.