Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Draw

yeah i'll taker an easier draw as compensation for not getting some marquee games.
    i would love to see the tops teams at home, but winning and staying in contention also garners interest and crowds.

of the teams we play twice - only storm and sharks are genuine top 4 threats.

rest are like us - hoping for the best.

I'm sure the Lions and Suns will only play each other once in 2016.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The Eagles game is Origin week so the teams will be depleted & the fact we don't get the chance to give it to Myles
    He was on last legs last year for qld and i wouldnt be suprised if this was last year he gets chosen in rep teams... still a year too late though based on actual form.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    He was on last legs last year for qld and i wouldnt be suprised if this was last year he gets chosen in rep teams... still a year too late though based on actual form.
    I'm sure Bozo will find room for him in the Australian team alongside DCE, Dylan Walker and Tim Moltzen

First time on the forum in ages. I can't believe fans are upset with this draw!! If we played 6 games against the Broncos, NQ and Souths we would start pronounced underdogs in all 6 and probably go 0-6.

We are a bad football team. That means two things:

1. We play other bad teams more often as a means of competitive equalisation.
    2. Nobody want to watch us. Channel 9 haven't 'abandoned' us, as somebody stated.

This draw gives us a chance to be relevant for long stretches in 2016 which is all we can ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    First time on the forum in ages. I can't believe fans are upset with this draw!! If we played 6 games against the Broncos, NQ and Souths we would start pronounced underdogs in all 6 and probably go 0-6.

2. Nobody want to watch us. Channel 9 haven't 'abandoned' us, as somebody stated.

This draw gives us a chance to be relevant for long stretches in 2016 which is all we can ask for.
    That and the fact we have no 5 day turn arounds at all........ No excuses this year when it comes to game preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    That and the fact we have no 5 day turn arounds at all........ No excuses this year when it comes to game preparation.
    Wow!! I did not realise that.

And to stir the pot a little more Manly have 4, 5 day turnarounds in the first 20 rounds with Roosters and Tigers.

Hey K great to see you back and in form too

On a slightly less ambitious subject. I have just confirmed bringing a small delegation down to SEQ and guess what? Will bring them to the Bronx/Tits clash early April.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

Sounds fantastic, but how many of these mediocre games do you plan on attending yourself?

To cut through the crap, this draw doesn't do much to put bums on seats.

Honestly how are people complaining about this draw? While we do miss crowd pulling clashes like with Souths at home, we have the second easiest draw which leaves us a better chance of winning games (THIS will actually put bums on seats).
    #iwillneverwalkaway

@Titan4Life, looking at the calender, the only home game that jumps out at us that possibly wont burn a hole in the clubs pocket this year is the Donkeys game. As mentioned in another thread, Mr Kelly made reference that we're bleeding a lot money still with the Stadium & precinct management costs (etc..). So the lack of those big games that does put bums on seats is only going the cost the club more because the chance to recoup some dollars have gone.

Also FWIW. Karnages' post does have some merit in regards to us being worthy to only playing the other ****kicker teams (lower end of the ladder). But what's the point of that if we just so happen to find ourselves in the top 8 come end of season, and we end up getting A-holed in the first round of the finals, simply because we've had a easy trot and we end up being clobbered by one of the usual better teams.

One of the last things I want to see happen to the NRL is what's already seen with the AFL, where some teams get smashed by 70-80 points. At least they have a draft to where they can try and even the teams out but even that's not panning out too well for them.

EDIT: I understand there's no chance to come up with a perfect draw that suits every club, but they're not doing the process any favours by allowing Ch9 & Foxtel to have a say in the matter and allowing those two mobs dictate to which games they want to telecast in prime time. If it carries on like this in future, it has the potential to make the lower 8 teams insignificant and unseen to the general public over time.

I could carry on about it, but I'm sure the majority have heard enough from me already.
    Last edited by Toads; 06-12-15 at 11:58 PM.

We play the Warriors in round 22 so that'll be another big one. It's a double edged sword, it's good for ladder position but bad for the club attracting the crowds. I personally don't think that we will see more bums on seats until possibly the later rounds and that is only if we are doing well and are in the top 8.
    Where this can go terribly for the club is if we have this draw, still don't achieve (cause lets not forget, everyone that plays us twice this year is fist pumping in their own forums) and no one turns up.
    So optimistically we make the 8, make the finals and we should see an improvement in the 2017 real member numbers (the ones that don't count my two dogs or some guy that came to a game three years ago and got a deal on a social membership).

Like I said, on field success brings crowds more than these clashes. In 2008-2010 we were averaging some of our biggest crowds due to us actually WINNING.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I want to point out that this debate also works in reverse and that should be considered ... visiting teams' supporters are more likely to travel if they feel they have a chance at rolling us too, so being with the sh!tkickers can also work in our favour ... I agree with T4L: winning, or the potential to win, is what brings them in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.