Titans

Panthers

TBA

Cbus Super Stadium

Cowboys

Titans

TBA

1300Smiles Stadium

That is a tough start for the first two home games for this club (with respect to crowd numbers). Cellar dweller contest = no crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    That is a tough start for the first two home games for this club (with respect to crowd numbers). Cellar dweller contest = no crowds.
    Yep but on the other hand you would take three of the first four games being against knights tigers and raiders. If we don't win a couple of those it's going to be a tragic year.

I'm amazed that the NRL have not given the Titans a home game against the Cowboys for yet another year. Surely a game against the reigning premiers and fellow Quensland team is a no brainer to give the Titans a chance of boosting their crowd numbers.

No Rabbitohs. We are going to hemorrhage money this year. Hope they have a plan B for another venue. Is anything being built or upgraded for the commonwealth games that will hold 12000?

- - - Updated - - -

Just read on another post that up until Rd 18 the Titans will only appear on Channel 9 twice.

Plus the Roosters and Manly on Monday nights. Crowd killer night.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read on another post that up until Rd 18 the Titans will only appear on Channel 9 twice.
    The networks that are showing the games are listed above in the draw but yes that's correct, we have two channel 9 games, both Friday night against the Broncs at home and the Dragons away. We couldn't honestly expect 9 to be queuing up to show our games based on the last few years results.

How the **** can the NRL only give ONE game against the Broncos and Cowboys?

How are we supposed to build crowds and interest in Queensland?! This doesn't happen in other sports. They leverage off derbies.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    How the **** can the NRL only give ONE game against the Broncos and Cowboys?

How are we supposed to build crowds and interest in Queensland?! This doesn't happen in other sports. They leverage off derbies.
    .....and we don't play Cowboys until Round 26! Yet we have both games against Storm wrapped up by Round 9.

I will quickly add here who we play once and who we play twice so as to ave others time.

Knights 2
    Storm 2
    Tigers 2
    Raiders 2
    Broncos 1
    Sharks 2
    Dragons 2
    Dogs 1
    Roosters 1
    Panthers 2
    Rabbits 1
    Eels 2
    Eagles 1
    Warriors 2
    Cowboys 1
    Last edited by shamus; 28-11-15 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Plus the Roosters and Manly on Monday nights. Crowd killer night.

- - - Updated - - -
    The Eagles game is Origin week so the teams will be depleted & the fact we don't get the chance to give it to Myles
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 28-11-15 at 09:36 AM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    The networks that are showing the games are listed above in the draw but yes that's correct, we have two channel 9 games, both Friday night against the Broncs at home and the Dragons away. We couldn't honestly expect 9 to be queuing up to show our games based on the last few years results.
    I just didn't want to take credit for someone else's realisation of how Nine has abandoned us. We get two compared to the likes of the Rabbits 14 and Broncos 12. It makes it hard to try and develop a continuing fan base when we have home games against teams that don't pull big crowds and no access to free to air for ease of access for those that don't have fox.

I suppose on the positive side the teams we play twice, in my opinion, are for the most part teams I would rather play twice as opposed to the teams we play once so hopefully an improvement in our ladder placing this year.

It's probably not as bad as it could be because it's the start of a new season the crowds will be higher purely through through hope of what may be

- - - Updated - - -

No Rabbitohs. We are going to hemorrhage money this year. Hope they have a plan B for another venue. Is anything being built or upgraded for the commonwealth games that will hold 12000?

- - - Updated - - -

We play the Donkeys in round 5 on a Friday night so we will be their supporting act for the night on ch9

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    .....and we don't play Cowboys until Round 26! Yet we have both games against Storm wrapped up by Round 9.

I will quickly add here who we play once and who we play twice so as to ave others time.

Knights 2
    Storm 2
    Tigers 2
    Raiders 2
    Broncos 1
    Sharks 2
    Dragons 2
    Dogs 1
    Roosters 1
    Panthers 2
    Rabbits 1
    Eels 2
    Eagles 1
    Warriors 2
    Cowboys 1

Shows we are in the 2nd division of the competition wth the 6 teams that we only play once will all be a very short price to make the top 8 so I see it as a good thing but I'm pissed we won't see the Cows or Rabbitts at home in 16'
    #itaintweaktospeak

Sorry to say, but it looks as if Foxtel will be the best option for me in 2016. Going by what others have made of the draw, especially the info shamus has bought to light. I have little to no interests in roughly 80% of those teams we play twice. And as Pete mentioned, the real kicker is no Bunnies or Cows at Home, huge oversight that one..

Not the best draw at all , however I'll look for the silver lining in it. To me if we can keep our halves healthy we have a chance to finish just outside the eight or sneak in it.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Not the best draw at all , however I'll look for the silver lining in it. To me if we can keep our halves healthy we have a chance to finish just outside the eight or sneak in it.
    Definitely not the best draw in terms of crowds but great in terms of who we play. The Tele rated each teams draw in terms of where teams finished last season and ours was second best. I'll take that. I agree about our halves and finals chances.

They have a valid point...I would be filthy, especially so early in the season.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/201...d_draw_ex.html

Major concern over player wellness

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have demanded an explanation and a meeting with the NRL over the 2016 premiership draw which the Club is adamant puts its players wellness and safety in severe jeopardy.

The Sea Eagles consider four five day turnarounds in the opening nine rounds of the premiership to be dangerous and unacceptable.

Of particular concern is three matches in 10 days in Rounds three, four and five against last season semi finalists Cronulla Sharks (Monday), Sydney Roosters (Saturday) and South Sydney (Thursday).

CEO Joe Kelly has today written to NRL Head of Football, Todd Greenberg, requesting a meeting and outlining the Club’s grievances with its draw, including the player related issues.

“At the moment we are concerned with an adverse reaction to the draw from our Members and we are fully supportive of the view they are expressing,’’ Kelly said.

“I can assure them we will be taking up those issues when management gets an opportunity to meet with the NRL face to face.”

Head Coach Trent Barrett has asked Greenberg for an explanation and says he is deeply concerned for his players. He has been supported by his highly qualified medical and fitness staff.

"This Club and its players and supporters thrive on adversity but the game is tough enough without having serious player welfare issues put in front of us by the NRL draw,’’ Barrett said.

"Four five day turnarounds in the first nine rounds of the competition is unfair and dangerous according to our medical and health and safety advice. It is unfair to ask our players to undertake such a workload.

“Some Clubs have extra hurdles placed in front of them and other Clubs have none.

"This has to be addressed now - not after a player is seriously affected by the unrealistic workload placed upon them by virtue of a draw which smacks of dramatic inconsistency."

Sea Eagles Chief Medical Officer, Dr Luke Inman (Doctor, Sports and Exercise Medicine) also expressed his concern.

"It is difficult to quantify the risk of injury with shortened recovery time but we do know that muscle damage is cumulative,’’ Dr Inman said.

“If there is inadequate recovery, which is possible for some players with this turnaround, then the additive loads will further increase the muscle damage, and cumulatively.

“What we can say is that with heavy loads and inadequate recovery there is an increase in injury risk, independent of the muscle damage scores the injury risk is increased up to 3-4 weeks following the period of increased exertion."

Dr Inman, who formerly worked with the Sydney Swans, is writing a paper on the creatine kinase (muscle damage marker) on Swans players following data received from every game over the past three seasons.

He is also concerned clubs most affected by the five day back up will have key players missing in the period because of concussion issues.

“They will have next to no time to recover and pass the necessary test required. The time frame for the short turn around simply won’t allow it,’’ he added.

Dan Ferris, Head of Physical Performance, Manly Sea Eagles, said the situation needs to be addressed immediately.

"Scientific journal articles on player load and recovery show how much a negative response on the body has for a period of 3-4 days post game,’’ Ferris said.

"Muscle damage on the body is still at its peak 3-4 days post game and takes a full 5-6 days to return to homeostasis"

"I believe three games in a 10 day period against any NRL opposition has zero player welfare attached to it.

“If the NRL are serious about their concerns for player burnout, this type of demand doesn't show it.

"It should also be noted teams will play with two less replacements in 2016 which will further increase game demand load automatically for some players compared to last season.''

RLPA General President, Clint Newton, says he shares Manly’s concerns about the draw and the implications for player welfare.

"Manly's 2016 schedule highlights the issues we have raised regarding five day breaks and the cumulative impact this will have on the players from a performance perspective, together with their health and wellbeing throughout the season,” said Newton.

"Added to that is the number of Thursday and Monday night fixtures that present serious commercial limitations for the Club with a possible further impact on the funding available to support our players."