Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Round 1: Tipping

Round 1: Tipping

My tips are:

St George-Illawarra Dragons

I thought they were specials to start the season off with a winning start and by rights should have won this game. Anyway, that is in the past and my thoughts prior to the game are in another thread.

The rest...

Newcastle Knights

Newcastle at Newcastle in front of a packed house with a fit Johns, Buderus and Simpson is going to be hard to beat no matter who you are and this is why I have tipped them. I CANNOT WAIT for this game, not only do we see the world's best player in action (Johns) though we see the debut of our own Brian Carney.

Canterbury Bulldogs

Like most games, I tip here with no real confidence though the Bulldogs look stronger on paper - any side keeping Mark O'Meley on the bench looks good to me.

Manly Sea Eagles

The sure things of the weekend with Sydney Roosters IMO. New buys Orford and Bell will cause havoc for Manly. This tight unit should be able to account for a Canberra side loaded with rookies and young players.

Sydney Roosters

I expect the Roosters to make a statement in round one and if they fail I would hate to be turning up to training on the Monday with Stuart. Great off-season buys and good depth, the Bunnies will be in it early though the Roosters should overpower them in the home stretch.

MEMO to Ricky: What are you thinking with Brett Finch at 9!?!?

I think you will see Finch start from the bench with Wing in the hooking role.

Melbourne Storm

If Melbourne survive the early onslaught from a fired up NZ pack, they should be too classy outwide and win away here. Looking forward to seeing Greg Inglis in action as well as Billy Slater who has reportedly had a great off-season as has new half Cooper Cronk.

NQ Cowboys

Another coin-flip game - I am taking the Cowboys against all odds here. They have never beaten Brisbane AWAY is my understanding and I think they meet Brisbane who are a little vunerable early in 2006 with Lockyer playing his first game in some time. I am hoping to see Matt Bowen Magic early in 2006

Does tipping the Sharks count? I think most tippers willl need ALL the help in the world this season yet AGAIN.
    Last edited by DeeGan; 11-03-06 at 12:29 PM.

I have pretty much followed you here bar I went the Eels against the KNights.. Why? Wouldnt have a lue just did.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Yep those were mine too Deegan..

HOWEVER we are now all one down thanks to benji's magic making the Tigers the victors last night.. lets hope today is better...

QLD Cup Titan

My only difference to DeeGan is i tipped Parra to beat Newcastle.

I am 0 from 1 so far. Maybe I should stop tipping the Dragons again. Last year I tipped them until Round 5, in which I tipped the Roosters, and then they won Round 5

Titan One Clubman

I tipped the opposite for the first 5 games deegan :!:

Then again, I tend to tip with my heart more than my head :roll:

The only difference for DeeGan's is im tipping Brisbane.

Well im up the creek - Go the Raiders - even though I tipped against them anything to see Manly lose!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

tigers
    knights
    panthers
    sea eagles
    warriors
    roosters
    broncos

so far so good.

can someone tell me how i can see live scores? the new nrl site is an absolute MESS. i can't work anything out there, it's rubbish and hell ugly.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

aww damn, raiders won. so i'm 3/4. but the obvious upside is that manly lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Round 1: Tipping
    l confidence though the Bulldogs look stronger on paper - any side keeping Mark O'Meley on the bench looks good to me.

Manly Sea Eagles

The sure things of the weekend with Sydney Roosters IMO

Moron

panthers won 24-22 handling let the dogs down

0 from 4 so far.... what a start to the season As I said on oztips... I am 2/1 odds for the spoon

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

I'm going ok atm. Just have to wait till this arvo to see what happens with the rest of the tips. My starts comp is going ok, a couple of you have had shockers already.

Quote Originally Posted by Eel 33
    I'm going ok atm. Just have to wait till this arvo to see what happens with the rest of the tips. My starts comp is going ok, a couple of you have had shockers already.
    The starts comp is a killer