Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Greg Leleisiuao (GL)

If you haven't heard of GL by now he's an 18 year old 20's lad training with NRL at the moment. Played 20's last year and still has 2016 and 2017 in the U20's grade.

Anyway, here is the latest article on him. Bound to be a few over the next year so may as well create a thread for him.

Former Woodridge schoolboy earns comparisons to Greg Inglis as he aims to crack Titans’ NRL side

November 23, 2015 3:10am
    Michael Cormack

GREG Leleisiuao can sleep in again.

It might seem like a simple thing to many of us, but for the boom Gold Coast Titans prospect it means a lot after getting as little as four hours of sleep each night during the 2015 season.

The former Woodridge State High School student had to juggle his commitments with the Titans’ under-20s side while getting up at 3am for a job with Total Food network at Rocklea.

Now the Marsden resident is training with the Titans’ NRL squad during pre-season, he has left his job at Rocklea and is looking to enrol in a study course as he aims to crack into the NRL side in 2016.

“My short-term goal is to play in the Auckland 9s in February and then I’d like to make my NRL debut next year,” Leleisiuao, who attended Woodridge State High School in 2013-14 before joining the Titans, said.

“I’m doing the fulltime preseason with the Titans’ NRL side. It’s been really tough at times but it’s been a really good experience for me to train with guys who have played State of Origin and international football.

“Greg Bird’s one who’s been great to me — he always pushes me and it’s really encouraging when a guy who has played for Australia does that.”

Although he enjoyed a standout 2015 season that saw his running game earn comparisons to Greg Inglis, Leleisiuao hasn’t forgotten his schooling days in *Woodridge.

“It was good. I remember playing a lot of touch football with my mates,” he said.

Gold Coast Titans under-20s coach Ben Woolf described Leleisiuao as a “super talented kid”.

He said Leleisiuao was “powerful, fast and one of those kids that can score a try”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questn...-1227616554550

Imagine him in the Nines...

Actually with Jimmy and GL in the same nines squad, isn't that unfair on the other teams?
    Last edited by TitanSam; 23-11-15 at 07:26 PM.

Great story this kid has a huge future wouldn't surprise to see him debut this year maybe even a few qcup games

once we get past the bullchit we are going through and can focus on players... man ill be relieved.

watching him, jimmy, LG, ash nene do their thing is going to be great, and throw in BK and some kids like Olive if we get them.

can he play second row? :P

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    once we get past the bullchit we are going through and can focus on players... man ill be relieved.

watching him, jimmy, LG, ash nene do their thing is going to be great, and throw in BK and some kids like Olive if we get them.

can he play second row? :P
    I'd say our backline depth is sorted for a few years. We got Olive didn't we? For 2017 onwards though. No GL would be too small to be a backrower, I think he's only 5ft11 and 90kgs? I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Imagine him in the Nines...

Actually with Jimmy and GL in the same nines squad, isn't that unfair on the other teams?
    no cause we had a decent team last yr and they still played mud

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say this kid will be an obvious choice for FB in the a couple of yrs. hopefully he doesn't bulk his way out of the position
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    no cause we had a decent team last yr and they still played mud
    I agree but this one will be a lot better. Hopefully no Zillman this time or Mortimer.

yeah we played like we had the previous 3 years until Lg carved up the last game.

He will carve this tournament. put jimmy, Dave, GL, and few others others around him and we sweet.

we do need to think a bit harder about how we use our forwards if we are going to do anything in the 9's.

the GL for second row was a joke as we have backs galore but need a second rower.

I think we should use Sami Sauiluma and Jed Cartwright as forwards in nines. Both big and fast

Junior

The GL debate... Agree yes he has 'potential' and for me thats where he is at. But he is a long long way off playing NRL in 2016, although doing preseason with NRL squad will do him wonders and help him on certain areas he needs to fix up/. Would prefer to see him play 20s, and maybe a few games of QCup. Don't want another Sione Matau'tia.

He's only 18 right? Yeah he's still got a while to go and he does need to fix a couple of things up from what I've seen

I am very keen to see the progress of this young prospect. Could someone in the know please help me with a phonetic pronunciation of his surname?

I believe it's Le-lay-see-ow I think

Junior

Lear-Lee-Cee-Ow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    He's only 18 right? Yeah he's still got a while to go and he does need to fix a couple of things up from what I've seen
    What do you see as the main things needing fixed mate?

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Lear-Lee-Cee-Ow

- - - Updated - - -

What do you see as the main things needing fixed mate?
    I haven't seen too much of him but I think his passing game may need to improve. Wouldn't want another Hoffman. There were a couple of times I've seen that a try was on but he ran it instead and got tackled. As I've said I haven't seen enough of him but his running game is very solid but fullbacks nowadays also act as another five-eighth and his passing game may need to fix.