Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    MJames...We get it, you dont rate LG but to say teams next yr will expose his cut outs and target him in defence :laugh
    Believe it or not, I do rate Elgey but I believe that he will never come close to his full potential under Henry and Co. I hate to say it, but LG would be better off going to the Broncs, Cowboys and Roosters who have a much better coaching staff. Dare I say even Manly would be a better fit for him. I would hate to see him become another Daniel Mortimer.
    The name is Maurice, but my friends call me MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MJames View Post
    Maybe your time overseas has distorted your knowledge in english Titanic
    It's in the Oxford dictionary so if it's good enough for scrabble.....

Believe it or not, I do rate Elgey but I believe that he will never come close to his full potential under Henry and Co. I hate to say it, but LG would be better off going to the Broncs, Cowboys and Roosters who have a much better coaching staff. Dare I say even Manly would be a better fit for him. I would hate to see him become another Daniel Mortimer.
    morts was not much chop long before he got here.

i dont think we have the best coach in the league, but henry had the cows making finals most years, and besides thurstons natural ability, he turned gav cooper from journeyman into really effective first grader, and MAtt scott and James Tamou became internationals under him.

I think LG will be fine where he is for now.

LG would be better off going to the Broncs, Cowboys and Roosters who have a much better coaching staff. Dare I say even Manly would be a better fit for him.
    You think LG would be better off at the Broncs, Cowboys and Roosters due to their coaching staff and then suggest that even Manly might be a better fit. I assume you realise that Trent Barrett, Manly's new coach is untried at NRL level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You think LG would be better off at the Broncs, Cowboys and Roosters due to their coaching staff and then suggest that even Manly might be a better fit. I assume you realise that Trent Barrett, Manly's new coach is untried at NRL level.
    Of course the Manly suggestion was more of a joke. However the more I look back at "Kings" ineptitude as a coach, the more I realise that Barrett might actually be a safer punt even if he is untested.

Even though 'Jimmy the Ar$e' doesn't really roll off the tongue that well, it does have a good ring to it. Especially considering the details that DB bought to light about being a 4 club journeyman at the age of 22.

All the best with that, Jimmy! Just watch out when Bennett turns on you, you'll be kicked to the kurb before you knew what happened.
    Last edited by Toads; 09-12-15 at 02:45 PM.

I'll suggest JTJ be replaced with Mundine's Muppet
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

Maybe Henry and co. weren't all that keen on keeping Roberts, and that's why they only offered him a set of new steak knives or whatever it was instead of a pile of cash? It's possible there was a method to the madness?

Honestly he is nothing without Sezer. When Titans had Sezer, he would tear it up, when Sezer wasnt playing, he was quiet. He was constantly a liability in defence and apparently had a bit of a running mouth to the refs. When you add to this the fact his managers an idiot and Mundine is part of his crew and getting rid of him might be a safer move for the club. Everything Mundine touches turns to crap and one "Kevin Gordon Injury" and Roberts could face the potential of being nowhere near as good as he is now. I still think we should try to change Walkers mind, rumour is him and Manly are still working out the kinks of a contract and nothing has been signed. McQueen + Walker = Competitive side. Money talks and we have plenty of it.

It may have dented my sense of humour but certainly not my knowledge of English
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Titan View Post
    Maybe Henry and co. weren't all that keen on keeping Roberts, and that's why they only offered him a set of new steak knives or whatever it was instead of a pile of cash? It's possible there was a method to the madness?
    I think it's more to the point that the club is not interested in being abused by players managers by using us as a bargaining chip to up offers for their players to go to rival clubs. So instead they have obviously adopted a policy that they will not pay a player more than what they perceive as their market value.

I personally don't think it's cause they didn't want him at the club but probably saw the writing on the wall and don't want to send the bum up the M1 with a fist full of extra cash.

I'm not to sure this will be a strategy we can afford to use across the board as there are teams that are paying extra for certain players and ,if someone wants to correct me, we can't take savings from the salary cap forward to future years. On the flip side, we could use our position as being used by managers to up offers from other clubs for their clients to our advantage by bidding up the price and allowing these clubs to chew through their cap faster. If we get a player dumped on us after we keep bidding the price up just pull the contract out from under them the same way players have us (DCE and Mundine's Muppet)and the same way Penrith did Chris McQueen.

That's a battle you're never going to win bud

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It may have dented my sense of humour but certainly not my knowledge of English
    Auto correct I swear
    Last edited by MJames; 09-12-15 at 05:53 PM.

Does anyone know how reliable https://twitter.com/Shhh_Insider is?

He's reporting that Roberts has already signed with the Broncos.

edit: nvm, seems like he's full of ****. Said the same about Mcqueen signing with the Panthers a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 09-12-15 at 06:07 PM.

Poor MM, he's got this crap gettin' into his head..

Mundine - "I was like Thurston but with twin turbo"