Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MJames View Post
    Ahh well that's how I interpreted it at the time
    it's allright Holmes, welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Mate I don't see how you can say JTJ has raw talent, if anything I would say Elgey is the one with the raw talent and skill, James was just blessed with a ridiculous amount of speed.
    Not to talk up JTJ but you are forgetting his strength and agility which makes him one of the most dangerous and unpredictable player in the comp. The thing about LG is that other than his cut-out passes, he is pretty much on par with any emerging half coming out of NYC. Other than his one 40/20 he has an almost non existent kicking game. Kane is unable to stamp his authority on the pitch unless he is forced to be the dominant half in the team like he was against the Raiders. LG doesn't have the right attitude to be the dominant half that we need. Elgey is also a horrid defender as on many occasions RJ has to cover for him when he is targeted. Next season, the smarter teams will expose his cut outs and target him in defence.

I want nothing more than to see LG become the half we need, but with the current staff, I don't see that happening. That is just my two cents on the matter.
    The name is Maurice, but my friends call me MJ.

Not to talk up JTJ but you are forgetting his strength and agility which makes him one of the most dangerous and unpredictable player in the comp. The thing about LG is that other than his cut-out passes, he is pretty much on par with any emerging half coming out of NYC. Other than his one 40/20 he has an almost non existent kicking game. Kane is unable to stamp his authority on the pitch unless he is forced to be the dominant half in the team like he was against the Raiders. LG doesn't have the right attitude to be the dominant half that we need. Elgey is also a horrid defender as on many occasions RJ has to cover for him when he is targeted. Next season, the smarter teams will expose his cut outs and target him in defence.

I want nothing more than to see LG become the half we need, but with the current staff, I don't see that happening. That is just my two cents on the matter.
    Mate he probably is one of the most unpredictable, dangerous players in the game. However, off field stuff matters just as much and from a few things I've heard whispered (+ the fact he is close cousins with Mundine) a part of me is happy he is gone. Roberts absolutely pulled a dog act in my opinion (not that the club wasn't in the wrong either) which shows his character off the field.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Mate he probably is one of the most unpredictable, dangerous players in the game. However, off field stuff matters just as much and from a few things I've heard whispered (+ the fact he is close cousins with Mundine) a part of me is happy he is gone. Roberts absolutely pulled a dog act in my opinion (not that the club wasn't in the wrong either) which shows his character off the field.
    I agree about his character off field, I was just making a point about the difference between JTJ and LG's talent and what they bring to the team on field.

It's not even a contest, future leader and Carry of the squad vs an enigmatic centre who will be at his 4th (yes 4th) NRL club very soon.

MJames...We get it, you dont rate LG but to say teams next yr will expose his cut outs and target him in defence

Every half should be and usually is targeted in defence, I dont know how you will target his cutouts cause his instinct like his usually wins out more often than not. We could debate this forever but LG will be needed at this club for a very long time where as Jimmy is one injury away from being a ordinary player.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    It's not even a contest, future leader and Carry of the squad vs an enigmatic centre who will be at his 4th (yes 4th) NRL club very soon.

MJames...We get it, you dont rate LG but to say teams next yr will expose his cut outs and target him in defence

Every half should be and usually is targeted in defence, I dont know how you will target his cutouts cause his instinct like his usually wins out more often than not. We could debate this forever but LG will be needed at this club for a very long time where as Jimmy is one injury away from being a ordinary player.
    Yep. Imagine if he got KG'd and lost his speed. Game over.

I agree about his character off field, I was just making a point about the difference between JTJ and LG's talent and what they bring to the team on field.
    The point of difference between the two on the field is the same as the difference in the two off the field. A player who's narcissistic attitude has seen him turn his back on the club and has actively had the playing group condemn his actions versus a young talent who the team are happy to rally around and play for. Roberts gave away just as many tries as he scored through lack of defence and repeat sets because he would sooner throw a hand out at a ball than make the tackle and cost us certain tries by not passing the ball. In my opinion he is hardly the worlds best centre regardless of what award he was given and before you say this is bitter tears it's nothing I haven't said after nearly every game he played last year.

Anyway, you are new to the forum and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't just here phishing but at least he has Mundine guiding him. Shouldn't be too long before whatever contract he signs is torn up when he hits the drink again.

If teams are going to be looking for elgeys long cutout ball then they are gonna be introduced to his mate passi who loves Lgs short ball, kanes definatley not a one trick pony
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Elgey is also a horrid defender as on many occasions RJ has to cover for him when he is targeted.
    No worse (slightly better IMO) than Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    No worse (slightly better IMO) than Prince.
    Prince's tackling style left me pondering many a times. I never did fully understand the technique of clambering onto the backs of the tryscorer's and ride them over the try line. It's as if he was in the wrong sport, and missing the silks, crop 'n saddle. Apart from that he was all right.

Firstly I would like to say that I do not appreciate obscene language as it is against the forum rules. Secondly, Roberts was named alongside Kallum Watkins (Leeds) as RLIF centre of the year. This along with a Dally M centre of the year, makes him the best centre of the year (NRL at least). Which is why he is currently the best centre in the world alongside Kallum. I don't know if it is the pent up anger over the Roberts debacle or some sort of personal issue, whatever it is please don't take it out on me. Thank you
    Mate it was hardly obscene language but if you are offended by that I suggest you get out more - I mean I apologise.
    As I stated, I am disappointed that the club screwed up with Roberts contract and he is leaving but if you want to believe that he is worlds best then good on you. Needless to say that you agree that Jermaine McGilvary is also one of the worlds best wingers as also named in that "team". For others who may not have heard of him he is plays in England. It is not my intention to put Roberts down at all but your idolising of him is over the top in my opinion as is your death riding of Elgey. However always great to get all opinions.

If Robert$ signs with Broncos there is the chance that they may have to let Copely go. If we could get Copely it would be a good pick up.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Obscene
    noun,
    1. the character or quality of being obscene; indecency; lewdness.
    2. something obscene, as a picture or story.
    3. an obscene word or expression, especially when used as an invective.
    Just put this in because I doubt that "ar$e" really qualifies in modern vernacular as being truly obscene ... I would be happier to accept that the term "Jimmy the Jet" becomes a banned and obscene term on this Forum, perhaps Jimmy the Ar$e.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    If teams are going to be looking for elgeys long cutout ball then they are gonna be introduced to his mate passi who loves Lgs short ball, kanes definatley not a one trick pony
    great point. LG has short and long and a dummy. and if he uses each at the right time we are cooking.

his vision is as good as any young half, and he was right up there with cronk, jt and others 2015 stats after his first 10 or so games. I bet JT and cronk didnt start as well.

this isnt to say he is going to be better of course, just that his value and ability shouldnt be understated.

Jimmy is...electric, fast, a gamebreaker, his highlight reel will be amazing one day... but he has also only played about 6 or 8 top shelf games so far. half of his tries have been ragged litttle runs in scrappy games.

He is the best centre prospect in the game, and i wish we kept him, but i wont cry about losing a 4 club journeyman ( at 22 years old FMD! ) with behavioral issues. We have plenty of kids coming through and the beauty of LG is that he will be able to create tries with less quality centres than jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just put this in because I doubt that "ar$e" really qualifies in modern vernacular as being truly obscene ... I would be happier to accept that the term "Jimmy the Jet" becomes a banned and obscene term on this Forum, perhaps Jimmy the Ar$e.
    adjective
    offensive to morality or decency; indecent; depraved:
    obscene language.
    causing uncontrolled sexual desire.
    abominable; disgusting; repulsive.
    Maybe your time overseas has distorted your knowledge in english Titanic