Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

For friggs sake, don't put that hoodoo on Jimmy!

Roberts will get a chance to play finals, he is still young. At the end of the day he wouldn't be where he is if it weren't for us. They need to get this situation sorted its doing my head in.

Whoever the meddler is, he has the guts of the situation correct. But that's bleedin' obvious to most of us. That being... Play on the Coast for money, or bugger off up North and try 'n squeeze into a elite team for less $$$.

The only reason I'm posting this is because there is a direct quote from Jimmy.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227628985652

Not that anything is resolved it's more just an update.

bugger we need a new most important player ;9--

The most important player was always Elgey
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The most important player was always Elgey
    Exactly mate, Jimmy is good but he's just a centre, who makes 1 or 2 big runs a game. Elgey's our halfback, and for people losing faith check out this video, where he single-handedly won us the game against the Raiders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3m-x2udADc

man elgey's a talent, hope we can retain him at the end of this season. If we lose him,that'll about do me.

That video also showcased how poor Dan Morts goalkicking is

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Exactly mate, Jimmy is good but he's just a centre, who makes 1 or 2 big runs a game. Elgey's our halfback, and for people losing faith check out this video, where he single-handedly won us the game against the Raiders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3m-x2udADc
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Jimmy was more than just a centre, who makes 1 or 2 big runs a game. Sure LG single handedly won us the game against the Raiders, but that was just one game. Jet is currently the best centre is the world and he has won us a lot more games. LG is an important player for the future, but you can't replace the raw talent that Jet has. Sad to say, but I think LG will crumble next season under all the pressure he is on.
    The name is Maurice, but my friends call me MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MJames View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Jimmy was more than just a centre, who makes 1 or 2 big runs a game. Sure LG single handedly won us the game against the Raiders, but that was just one game. Jet is currently the best centre is the world and he has won us a lot more games. LG is an important player for the future, but you can't replace the raw talent that Jet has. Sad to say, but I think LG will crumble next season under all the pressure he is on.
    Nice of you to come on to the forum Jimmy (or are you Jimmy Jet's manager). Best centre in the world my ****. For starters Jamie Lyon, Dylan Walker, and Michael Jennings are better and there are a few others his equal. The three I mentioned are far more involved in the game than Roberts. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to stay but I'm happy to put his talent in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Nice of you to come on to the forum Jimmy (or are you Jimmy Jet's manager). Best centre in the world my ****. For starters Jamie Lyon, Dylan Walker, and Michael Jennings are better and there are a few others his equal. The three I mentioned are far more involved in the game than Roberts. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to stay but I'm happy to put his talent in context.
    Firstly I would like to say that I do not appreciate obscene language as it is against the forum rules. Secondly, Roberts was named alongside Kallum Watkins (Leeds) as RLIF centre of the year. This along with a Dally M centre of the year, makes him the best centre of the year (NRL at least). Which is why he is currently the best centre in the world alongside Kallum. I don't know if it is the pent up anger over the Roberts debacle or some sort of personal issue, whatever it is please don't take it out on me. Thank you

LOL ^obscene language? . Haha I didn't consider MT to be angry in his post, maybe blunt but not angry.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    LOL ^obscene language? . Haha I didn't consider MT to be angry in his post, maybe blunt but not angry.
    Ahh well that's how I interpreted it at the time

Mate I don't see how you can say JTJ has raw talent, if anything I would say Elgey is the one with the raw talent and skill, James was just blessed with a ridiculous amount of speed.