Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Courier Mail reporting that James negotiations have been postponed due to the death of a close friend and that the Cowboys have indicated their interest in the star centre. Here we go
    Also look at the reporter as well. Badel loves to sink the boot in. He only writes bad stories I am yet to see him write a good story about the Titans.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Idk I'm getting more nervous as the days go on, as someone said before I don't have much faith that well re-sign him but idk

James Roberts negotiations with Gold Coast put on hold, Cowboys ready to swoop

The Titans wanted a resolution to the contract saga yesterday but have put talks on hold with his adviser, Jeremy Donovan, at the request of a grieving Roberts.

“James has had a personal issue he’s had to deal with, it’s nothing to do with his football,” Titans boss Graham Annesley said.

“We agreed we would put talks on hold and hopefully we can have dialogue soon.

HANG THEM UP: Players who could retire in 2016

DRAW: NRL to embrace Sunday afternoon football

MOVING: Titans players touching gesture

“At the moment, James’ welfare is our main concern. But there is a lot of goodwill to get this (contract) issue sorted and we’ll see what happens.”

Donovan has contacted lawyers and the Rugby League Players Association to explore whether Roberts’ $300,000-a-year contract, brokered in June, is officially null-and-void.

Roberts has indicated he wants to remain at the Titans, but Queensland rivals the Cowboys are one club prepared to pounce on the 22-year-old flyer.

Cowboys football operations chief Peter Parr said the club is keen to talk to Roberts if negotiations with the Titans collapse. The premiers have four threequarters — Kane Linnett, Matt Wright, Tautau Moga and Justin O’Neill — off-contract at the end of 2016.

Roberts has become a free agent following a contract bungle.
    “If for some reason the Titans can’t sort through it, then we will have a look at him,” Parr said.

“Most people would want to see James stay at the Titans, but if he becomes available, I will talk to Greeny (Cowboys coach Paul Green) and look at our options.

“There’s no doubt James Roberts would look great in our backline. He’s exciting to watch, he’s a really talented player.”

Donovan said Roberts has been left shattered by the tragedy, compounding an emotional week for the NRL’s Centre of the Year.

“He’s physically and emotionally exhausted,” he said.

“I called Graham Annesley and said it’s not the best thing to speak yet because James is coming to terms with the death of one of his closest mates.

“I have contacted the RLPA to seek advice on whether his contract is null-and-void. We don’t want this to get messy ... hopefully we can get some answers soon.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227620006389

How is Roberts a free agent if the contract hasn't been deemed null and void?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    How is Roberts a free agent if the contract hasn't been deemed null and void?
    That's what I don't get.....It is an amendment (addition) to his contract that was forged. I would have thought the original contract still stands and just the amendment needs well.......amending?

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    That's what I don't get.....It is an amendment (addition) to his contract that was forged. I would have thought the original contract still stands and just the amendment needs well.......amending?
    That's what I would have thought ... unless they have argued that the amendment is inseparable from the contract itself, however, everybody seems to agree that a legal opinion hasn't been handed down and therefore the original contract still stands ... any money on the delay is actually the wait for a decision? If it's that, then he's gone or holding out for a lot more whippy ... how does this happen?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The Gold Coast Amendments..............Sounds good.

Could have a pen and a signature as our logo and sponsored by Office Works.

TEAMMATES are convinced in-limbo centre star James Roberts will be staying with the Gold Coast.

Roberts was relaxed at a lawn bowls bonding session on Tuesday as the Titans recovered from a gruelling three-day bootcamp they’re hoping will galvanise a new-look squad.

The players were under strict instructions to not talk specifics about what went on at the Kokoda infantry barracks in the Gold Coast hinterland, where they had a total of only four hours sleep across two nights.

Roberts returned from the camp to the news one of his friends had suddenly died, placing contract renegotiations with the Titans on hold.

The 22-year-old speedster is facing an uncertain future, with his adviser, Jeremy Donovan, contacting the Rugby League Players’ Association to seek clarity on the validity of his playing contract that had a forged signature.

Titans enforcer Greg Bird spent the weekend by Roberts’ side and is convinced he will stay at the Gold Coast.

Related Content
    Comment: Why Mbye is worth every cent
    Young guns: NRL Draft Day: your club’s first pick
    Analysis: SuperCoach: Hodges exit creates cheapie
    Retention: Mbye poised to re-sign with Bulldogs
    Hot property: Tigers in disarray as clubs queue for Moses

RETENTION: Mbye set to re-sign with Bulldogs

MONEY BAGS: Why Mbye is worth every cent

James Roberts at the Broadbeach Waters Lawn Bowls club. Picture Mike Batterham
    James Roberts at the Broadbeach Waters Lawn Bowls club. Picture Mike BatterhamSource: News Corp Australia
    “He was my tent partner,” Bird said. “He was good. He worked hard.

“He doesn’t want to leave.

“I’m hoping his negotiations can get sorted out and finalised sooner rather than later so we can forget this whole media-hype crap that’s surrounded his contract drama.

“At the end of the day, it’s a business like anything else. That’s the advice he’s been given, I guess.”

Donovan said the contract saga could not be finalised until a ruling was made on its validity.

“We’re not sure if the contract is officially null and void so I’ve asked the RLPA to help James out,” he said.

“If the contract isn’t deemed null and void, then we have no choice but to sit down with the Titans and accept their apology for the pain and disruption they have caused.”

The Titans have been training at Surfing Australia’s high performance unit and the army camp in Canungra was designed to bring out leadership qualities in the new squad.

Coach Neil Henry has given the majority of his squad the rest of the week off.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...rom=public_rss

Well hopefully given the NRL own us they will throw us a bone (again) and say the contract stands please sign here for what you thought you were originally getting, bugger off media.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    “If the contract isn’t deemed null and void, then we have no choice but to sit down with the Titans and accept their apology for the pain and disruption they have caused.”]
    WTF!! Another d1ckhead in the wings! I am aware a Manager has to get what he can for his client (the more the client gets the more he gets) but to make that above comment public just tells me he is a goose. Just go behind closed doors and get what you think Roberts deserves you farkin imbecile!

I've been following GC clubs since 1988, and have been through a lot of lows.

Combined with the general BS tampering of NRL over the past 2 seasons, if Roberts goes, I'm going to throw in the towel on NRL footy.

Keep posted on ebay. You may see a bunch of Giants/Seagulls/Chargers gear for sale soon. FFS...

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    I've been following GC clubs since 1988, and have been through a lot of lows.

Combined with the general BS tampering of NRL over the past 2 seasons, if Roberts goes, I'm going to throw in the towel on NRL footy.

Keep posted on ebay. You may see a bunch of Giants/Seagulls/Chargers gear for sale soon. FFS...

Hang in there buddy.....
    It will make it all the more sweeter when we eventually go good. it may be 2019, 2027 or 2035 but things will turn for us in time.

Would be a great way to unveil next years jersey with a picture of jimmy roberts wearing it announcing he has re-signed
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

^^ that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Would be a great way to unveil next years jersey with a picture of jimmy roberts wearing it announcing he has re-signed
    I know what you mean mate but great isn't it, we are meant to be getting excited over a signing - of a bloke that was already signed!