Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Pre-season

Gold Coast Titans Luke Douglas hopeful of another stellar year after toe surgery
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/

RELIEF from an obscure toe injury is set to transform Gold Coast Titan Luke Douglas from a determined workhorse into an opposition nightmare.

The Paul Broughton medallist is fresh from one of the most impressive seasons of his 10-year NRL career and has revealed he is ready to go even better in 2016 after winning a battle with a right toe injury that has plagued him in recent years.

It isn’t the large muscle injury that is usually associated with rugby league but Douglas (pictured) hopes off-season surgery to rid himself of “turf toe” will enable him to hit his peak.

“It has been around for probably three or four years and I have worn carbon fibre inserts and stuff to help it a bit,” Douglas said. “It was every time it goes into flexion I got an annoying pain and at half-time of a game I’d come off and think ‘what can I do to make this better’?

“The doctor had a good look and cleaned it up a little bit. He found a couple of bits of floating bone and removed them so hopefully it settles down now.

“I’m running a bit now and as long as I can withstand the pain hopefully it will go away sooner rather then later.”

It is an injury that has previously forced the likes of AFL ruckman Aaron Sandilands out for over three months, but failed to derail Titans ironman Douglas for three years.

THE gritty forward never let the injury hinder him but said he was looking forward to finally completing the small extras on the training paddock to enhance his game.

“You talk to every NRL player and they have got some sort of niggle and you just get on with it,” Douglas said.

“During the game you do whatever you have to but it’s just a matter of through the week where you want to do a bit of extra speed work or different stuff and you might have to rest instead.

“Hopefully by having this surgery it will get to the stage where I can get rid of it and actually rip in and do that little stuff that sometimes I missed out on.”

Douglas said he didn’t feel any extra pressure to perform after winning the Titans’ top award and would instead use it to propel the Gold Coast to the finals next year.

“I don’t feel any pressure and I’ll just go out there again and do my bit for the team,” Douglas said.

“I didn’t set out last year to win the award and just tried to play consistent footy.

“I haven’t played many finals so that’s something I’d love to do.”

The NRL has released the draw for the 2016 Auckland Nines with the Gold Coast Titans set to play the Cronulla Sharks, Canberra Raiders and St George Illawarra Dragons in their group.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Big gallery of photos straight from the source..

http://www.smpimages.com/gallery.php...id=5542&page=1
    Bugga, the page won't load for me.

On another note.. 'Condiment', is a word that is all too often overlooked these days!

For instance.. Would you like to select a exquisite condiment to go with your salubrious meal tonight, good sir?
    Last edited by Toads; 19-11-15 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    “During the game you do whatever you have to but it’s just a matter of through the week where you want to do a bit of extra speed work or different stuff and you might have to rest instead.
    THis has to be some sort of "gee-up" ... Dougie is a lot of very great things as rugby league player but "speed" is not one of them in any sense of the skill good try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Bugga, the page won't load for me.

On another note.. 'Condiment', is a word that is all too often overlooked these days!

For instance.. Would you like to select a exquisite condiment to go with your salubrious meal tonight, good sir?
    WTF is this Toady, ole fruit? Has some of that Bundy Rum finally permeated your temporal lobes or have you been using Google dictionary in between accessing those "special" illicit sites that no-one admits to using?

On another note.. 'Bugger' is a word that is often overlooked (and mispelt) these days!

For instance..

Coach: Okay lads, take up your normal positions.
    Player 1: On no, not again, it really hurts when you bugger us like that.
    Player 2: Oh, yeah, it's a real bugger.
    Player 3: Stop that you dirty buggers.
    Player 4: Right that's it, the lot of you can bugger off.
    Last edited by Titanic; 20-11-15 at 02:37 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hehe. One's gotta go 'off the rails' occasionally just to break the monotony. After all, it is the off season.

Just some updates from Tony Webeck on Twitter:

-Elgey showed his class by dropping back in the fitness session to encourage Dave Hala

-Ash Taylor looked good at training doing a bit of ballwork. Says he has a definite touch of class about him and talks a lot.

-Friendy, Zilly and Hoff all killed the fitness tests and were clear leaders.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Just some updates from Tony Webeck on Twitter:

-Elgey showed his class by dropping back in the fitness session to encourage Dave Hala

-Ash Taylor looked good at training doing a bit of ballwork. Says he has a definite touch of class about him and talks a lot.

-Friendy, Zilly and Hoff all killed the fitness tests and were clear leaders.
    get more from webeck on twitter than what the titans provide, sorry last week we got 5 photos posted on the website of some running up the Burleigh hills great work not.
    I didn't think the website content could get any worse from last year in a way it hasn't because their is hardly anything posted. I wish the titans media dept would have a look at all the other clubs and have a look at what they post everyday as in training videos picture and interviews wouldn't take long to learn that we are ways behind.

Just wondering, what kind of qualifications does one need to be a 'media manager' or work in the media for the Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Just wondering, what kind of qualifications does one need to be a 'media manager' or work in the media for the Titans?
    knowing people within the club and being held in high regard by said people and having a fair bit of experience dealing with marketing and PR in a commercial context.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Not needing experience other than being able to out-source iNewsletters and working for 'not too much' is what it seems to me ... I totally agree with Lonegull that our online and social media presence is woeful.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

A few more things from Travis Meyn on Twitter:

-Shannon Walker looking good at training so we might have to look out for him at the Nines and in the trials.

-Matty Srama training well and looking fit.

-Hala well off the pace and struggling.

It's a shame we have to dig this stuff from other people on Twitter. Titans really need to pick up their act. Hardly any preseason content at all.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Should be clauses in contracts for players like Hala that allow a club to walk away if they fail to meet certain KPI's.

thanks guys keep the updates comming

- - - Updated - - -

have emailed titans requesting better website updates-- doubt they will listen but makes me feel better

"Would love it if you guys could put a bit more content on the website, in general the other nrl clubs have a lot of preseason pics, vids of skills sessions, weights sessions ect…
    Just would like a bit more info so us fans can see the training ect and what the players are doing
    Thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    thanks guys keep the updates comming

- - - Updated - - -

have emailed titans requesting better website updates-- doubt they will listen but makes me feel better

"Would love it if you guys could put a bit more content on the website, in general the other nrl clubs have a lot of preseason pics, vids of skills sessions, weights sessions ect…
    Just would like a bit more info so us fans can see the training ect and what the players are doing
    Thanks"
    Nice work mate. Let us k ow how you go.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Coach Henry's pre-season update - Part 1

Aquis Titans head coach Neil Henry looks at the first seven weeks of pre-season training and preparations for 2016 in part 1 of a two part interview.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

twitter boy any more updates?