Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Pre-season

Default 2016 Pre-season

Thought I would start a thread so all things preseason can be discussed, I would like to mention how good the training uniform looks very impressive.

Posted early today.

@TonyWebeck: We've got our first vomiter at Titans training; youngster Morgan Boyle doing it a bit tough. #welcomeback
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Just saw the training pics, love the uniform too.

Yeah the shirts look good.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Posted early today.

@TonyWebeck: We've got our first vomiter at Titans training; youngster Morgan Boyle doing it a bit tough. #welcomeback
    LOL now that is indepth coverage!

Loving the feedback on the gear, bodes well for the jerseys for next year.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Here is s pic of the gear. Looks great. Not over done.

We have a blue gradient like our original jersey. Nice.

It has bright yellow, similar to our Nines jersey. Although I hope this doesn't carry over to the home and away strip.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Titans Facebook
    The boys are back! A tough first day of pre-season with fitness screenings under new Performance Manager Matt Ford. We welcomed four of our news boys Zeb Taia, David Shillington, Nathan Friend and Leivaha Pulu.
    Some photos CLICK HERE

WOW loving that training Jersey. Definitely getting one! - is it still BLK doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    WOW loving that training Jersey. Definitely getting one! - is it still BLK doing it?
    yep
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

New recruit Nathan Davis visible to Jimmy's left

David Shillington joins new Gold Coast Titans teammates for start of pre-season training
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/

A SURGERY-FREE off-season has seasoned recruit David Shillington poised to lead a Gold Coast Titans revival.

Shillington joined his new NRL teammates for the first day of preseason training yesterday at Pizzey Park.

The 32-year-old former Canberra Raiders and Queensland Origin forward said he was feeling refreshed after an off-season without going under the knife and was ready to thrive in his two-year contract with the club.

“I still feel great,” Shillington said.

“A change of clubs might be a good thing later in your career and hopefully that’s the case for me. I’m enjoying the lifestyle change already ... and obviously having new coaches and trainers being a different influence on you.

“I’m really looking forward to the challenge and just soaking it all up.”

Shillington was one of a number of new players, including Nathan Friend (New Zealand Warriors) and Zeb Taia (Super League), who were put through their paces as the club prepares for the 2016 season.

The team will undergo various sprint, aerobic, strength, power and flexibility tests early this week, as well as medical screenings before beginning the gruelling period of fitness work later in the week.

A new group of players is not the only difference at the Titans this year, with the club having overhauled the football department. Gold Coast head coach Neil Henry was given the green light by the board to increase the budget for his department ahead of next season and hasn’t wasted any time making moves.

Matt Ford has been brought in from the Melbourne Storm to become the club’s head of performance while Sean Edwards (Canberra Raiders) and Adam Paulo (Broncos, Melbourne, AFL) have also joined the strength and conditioning department.

Henry said it was a new start for the club and he hoped to put a stop to the huge injury toll they had suffered in recent seasons.

“We have used a lot of players over the last two years; I think we have used 65 players and have been right up there with the most in the NRL,” Henry said yesterday.

“What we have tried to do is ... expand our budget in this area and are now able to cater for our players a bit better with expertise and staffing.

“The big beneficiaries of this are the players.

“We need to make sure they are catered for and we get the best out of them.”

Henry said he expected the bulk of his squad to be training by the end of this month as players return from surgery.

Hooker Matt Srama and winger Anthony Don won’t be involved in contact work until January after undergoing shoulder operations.

Forwards Eddy Pettybourne and David Hala will also be delayed in their return due to knee clean-outs.

Daniel Mortimer has a minor foot problem while Karl Lawton and Oshae Tuiasau both had knee operations.

Prized halves recruit Ashley Taylor, who signed with the Titans from the Broncos, has joined his new teammates but will have a lighter start to training with an injured hand.

Hope Don makes a full recovery. Just simply love his effort and style.

Good to see U20's players Jed, Shane Wright and GL training with the NRL squad in the latest video. BK will be there somewhere too.

All of these lads will physically will be able to make the transition to Cup fairly shortly, despite having 2 years remaining in U20's.

Looks like Josh Ailaomai (sp?) from Burleigh is training too. At least I think it's him.

Some temporary player profiles available on the Titans website for Ash Taylor, Shillo, Taia and Pulu.

Looks like Taylor forgot to mention his rep honours of Schoolboys, QLD 18's, QLD 20's, Jr Kangaroos, NYC TOTY and NYC POTY

So at this stage of the new season I will be betting on my two least favourite teams to take out the 2016 Premiership.

Bloody Manly and the Kiwis. Both look to be big improvers at good odds.

I might also throw some money down on the Prince of Penzance, I mean the titans..............anything's poss.