Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: 2016 Pre-season

Sorry I was not sure where to post this. Someone on Facebook just put it up. Just have a look at the crowd at Skilled back in the day. It really was a fortress.

http://youtu.be/KE7_mNzc1B8

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Sorry I was not sure where to post this. Someone on Facebook just put it up. Just have a look at the crowd at Skilled back in the day. It really was a fortress.

http://youtu.be/KE7_mNzc1B8
    That's where I'll give the previous management some credit. The impression I got back in the day that they managed to get the community to embrace the team, and most importantly got GC businesses on board as well (most evident with jersey sponsorship). Admittedly though, they (Searle & Co) did have the luxury of bringing together a new franchise in better times (financially).

If Daryl Kelly & Co could build a consortium following along those lines, I do believe that would pay dividends in the long run. It's fairly obvious though that a miracle would have to come about for that to transpire. But it would be great to see those times again with a full house.

man we had a good team back then. You would go just to watch campbell, prince and rogers and get excited by gordon, mead and tomane... Nothing against mead cause i love him as a player but have we ever had someone since mead and gordon came through that got us excited/really pushed them for a spot?

Also. not sure if its been posted before but Shannon Walker?? I thought he was having a good pre season? What was the go? The fact he didnt want to play when he got told he prob wouldnt get a contract next season say alot, you would of liked to see him knuckle down and fight for it.
    Anyone have any information on him? I know pre season training and preforming in games are different(which he has always struggled with)
    Last edited by patskE; 28-02-16 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    man we had a good team back then. You would go just to watch campbell, prince and rogers and get excited by gordon, mead and tomane... Nothing against mead cause i love him as a player but have we ever had someone since mead and gordon came through that got us excited/really pushed them for a spot?
    It was a very good team back then, just look at the quality of players....boof, meyers, bailey and co

You'll struggle to find another Gold Coast produced jnr as good a footy player as Mead, and most of his career he's been under utilised
    Last edited by teke; 28-02-16 at 06:59 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    It was a very good team back then, just look at the quality of players....boof, meyers, bailey and co

You'll struggle to find another jnr as good a footy player as Mead, and most of his career he's been under utilised
    U look at most good wingers who come into grade early... they spend a few years on the wing then get moved to centre/fb once their body develops n finish growing. titans just dont know how to do that and it holds them back.

yeah that year we had a good backline , but the team that smashed the warriors in the final was Gordon, Zill, Steve Michaels, ODwyer, with Preso at FB. Mead was injured for last half of the year.

2 ways of looking at it - with that earlier backline - Presto, Gordon, Tomane, Mead we might have got to the GF, or maybe we should say that we got a game away even with an average backline, because the forwards were doing their job and we had a GOOD gameplan that used ball movement and skill meaning the outside backs just had to finish off the inside work.

Almost brings a tear to the eye watching that... Alot of my favourites were playing that year
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Nice vid. Friendy guiding us around the park before the stupidest decision in the history of the club. (letting him go)