Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    everyone on the Gold Coast have known Whoop (Shannon) for many many years.
    yeah I definitely know who Walker is I was just being sarcastic haha

Only pop in here occasionally to keep up with the goss. Family are all Titans and only like to add positive things to your forum. But as a Cowboy, know what it is like to be down and kicked.

But, good things come to those that wait, and it's a long road that has no turning.

Shannon was my favourite Qld Cup Player when he was at the Seagulls as a kid. What he could do was unbelievable, he was the most exciting player I had see for years. I predicted a big future for him, but alas CARTWRIGHT didn't exactly mentor him in those early days and his confidence was shattered. I am sure he made the Qld Residents team and scored a great try, iirc.

I predicted big things for him on the Cowboy forum and the boys still remind me of my ability to see a future star. Really pleased he has come back to RL and the Seagulls, my local Qld Cup team and I hope he can go on and reach his potential.

Hopefully, King has seen the benefit of the improvement in many of his young chargers at the Cowboys when managed with a bit more delicacy. Shannon, is still young enough, with the right encouragement, to be one of the most exciting players in the Titans and then even the NRL.

Good players do not lose that ability, it just needs the right environment and injury free to be realized and bought to the surface again.
    That photo of Shannon shows how much he has matured and how much work he has done. He was just an immature kid when Cartwright got to him.

I hope he gets a fair crack at the Nines, it might just be the makings of him. He looks to be a confidence player until he finds his feet again and believes he belongs and is wanted. Otherwise, unfortunately, he will be destined to be only an exciting park footballer that could have been.

Pete
    Last edited by Cowboy Titan Pete; 01-02-16 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan Pete View Post
    Only pop in here occasionally to keep up with the goss. Family are all Titans and only like to add positive things to your forum. But as a Cowboy, know what it is like to be down and kicked.

But, good things come to those that wait, and it's a long road that has no turning.

Shannon was my favourite Qld Cup Player when he was at the Seagulls as a kid. What he could do was unbelievable, he was the most exciting player I had see for years. I predicted a big future for him, but alas CARTWRIGHT didn't exactly mentor him in those early days and his confidence was shattered. I am sure he made the Qld Residents team and scored a great try, iirc.

I predicted big things for him on the Cowboy forum and the boys still remind me of my ability to see a future star. Really pleased he has come back to RL and the Seagulls, my local Qld Cup team and I hope he can go on and reach his potential.

Hopefully, King has seen the benefit of the improvement in many of his young chargers at the Cowboys when managed with a bit more delicacy. Shannon, is still young enough, with the right encouragement, to be one of the most exciting players in the Titans and then even the NRL.

Good players do not lose that ability, it just needs the right environment and injury free to be realized and bought to the surface again.
    That photo of Shannon shows how much he has matured and how much work he has done. He was just an immature kid when Cartwright got to him.

I hope he gets a fair crack at the Nines, it might just be the makings of him. He looks to be a confidence player until he finds his feet again and believes he belongs and is wanted. Otherwise, unfortunately, he will be destined to be only an exciting park footballer that could have been.

Pete
    welcome back Pete, always like to hear from you. lets hope Shannon makes up for lost time.

Gotta admit, Shannon is lookin' pretty impressive these days (going by that photo). No doubt he'll challenge himself and others to make the 17 each week.

Just noticed our trial Saturday week against the Warriors is being televised on fox sports

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Just noticed our trial Saturday week against the Warriors is being televised on fox sports
    Many will be shocked when they see the squad going to NZ with Luke Page & Ryan Simpkins being the biggest names in the team
    #itaintweaktospeak

thats what happens with 2 trials in one day

Great to be able to announce our new partnership with @GCTitans today. Benefits will flow from juniors to elite

This is with Qld Touch.

Attachment 696

The @gctitans and @qldtouch have forged a close alliance which will see the southern Queensland… instagram.com/p/BBjl7nhQEws/

- - - Updated - - -

The Aquis Gold Coast Titans and Queensland Touch Football (QTF) have forged a close alliance which will see the southern Queensland elite representative teams called the Titans and touch football have access to the Titans’ high performance facilities at their new Parkwood International base.

Queensland Touch Football’s most southern elite 8 men’s and women’s teams will adopt the Titans brand and colours when they compete in the four-day carnival starting on March 9 in Coffs Harbour.

The link between the two bodies under the Titans reinforces the historic partnership the NRL and Touch Football Australia formed in 2013.

Along with the touch team’s rebranding, the partnership will bring exclusive opportunities for the Titans and Queensland Touch Football to engage new junior participants, develop elite players and provide the pathway for male and female touch football and rugby league players to one day play for the Titans.

Queensland Touch Football is the governing body for touch football across the state. Its membership comprises six regions and features 68 affiliated competitions, 6500 teams and more than 65,000 players competing in the sport on an annual basis.

Its focus is on providing equal participation opportunities for all players from grass roots to elite.

“I am really excited by what this partnership can deliver both organisations and our communities - it is ground breaking in the context of the touch football and NRL alliance,” said CEO of Queensland Touch Football, Jamie O’Connor.

“The benefits for our members will extend from the elite and developing to junior participation. Our Titans Elite 8s teams will have a home alongside the Titans NRL and NYC squads at Parkwood International and our developing coaches will have the chance to learn from the Titans’ high performance staff.

“Benefits for the whole touch football community will range from membership and ticketing to participation initiatives.

“From a pathway perspective, there is now an opportunity for male and female players to become a Titan in both contact and non-contact versions of our sports which is exciting.

“This will be the new benchmark for other NRL club and touch football relationship. It is a genuine partnership.”

The NRL struck a partnership with Touch Football Australia in August 2013 where the two sports decided to work together to create the largest sporting community in the country. It reflects the wider support that exists for rugby league and the game’s commitment to ensuring there is a place on the field for everyone.

More than a million participants play in competitions under a joint NRL-TFA banner. This is in addition to around 850,000 girls and boys who take part in NRL development programs each year.

“This partnership with Queensland Touch Football is another positive step in growing the Titans fan base and strengthening our connections with the community,” said Aquis Titans CEO Graham Annesley.

“Touch football has a massive participation base of men, women, boys and girls who will, through this alignment, become part of the Titans family.

“The benefits that will flow for the Titans brand and the continuing growth and development of participation in both rugby league and touch football will be a major boost to both organisations.

“This collaboration further reinforces the strength and domination of the NRL and touch football in the traditional heartland region of South East Queensland.”
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

This is a massive and groundbreaking announcement...in excess of 23,000 touch footballers are in the Gold Coast Titans catchment area and this provides massive branding opportunities and who knows the next Shaun Johnson may be in our junior touch region.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Great to be able to announce our new partnership with @GCTitans today. Benefits will flow from juniors to elite

This is with Qld Touch.

Attachment 696

The @gctitans and @qldtouch have forged a close alliance which will see the southern Queensland… instagram.com/p/BBjl7nhQEws/

- - - Updated - - -

The Aquis Gold Coast Titans and Queensland Touch Football (QTF) have forged a close alliance which will see the southern Queensland elite representative teams called the Titans and touch football have access to the Titans’ high performance facilities at their new Parkwood International base.

Queensland Touch Football’s most southern elite 8 men’s and women’s teams will adopt the Titans brand and colours when they compete in the four-day carnival starting on March 9 in Coffs Harbour.

The link between the two bodies under the Titans reinforces the historic partnership the NRL and Touch Football Australia formed in 2013.

Along with the touch team’s rebranding, the partnership will bring exclusive opportunities for the Titans and Queensland Touch Football to engage new junior participants, develop elite players and provide the pathway for male and female touch football and rugby league players to one day play for the Titans.

Queensland Touch Football is the governing body for touch football across the state. Its membership comprises six regions and features 68 affiliated competitions, 6500 teams and more than 65,000 players competing in the sport on an annual basis.

Its focus is on providing equal participation opportunities for all players from grass roots to elite.

“I am really excited by what this partnership can deliver both organisations and our communities - it is ground breaking in the context of the touch football and NRL alliance,” said CEO of Queensland Touch Football, Jamie O’Connor.

“The benefits for our members will extend from the elite and developing to junior participation. Our Titans Elite 8s teams will have a home alongside the Titans NRL and NYC squads at Parkwood International and our developing coaches will have the chance to learn from the Titans’ high performance staff.

“Benefits for the whole touch football community will range from membership and ticketing to participation initiatives.

“From a pathway perspective, there is now an opportunity for male and female players to become a Titan in both contact and non-contact versions of our sports which is exciting.

“This will be the new benchmark for other NRL club and touch football relationship. It is a genuine partnership.”

The NRL struck a partnership with Touch Football Australia in August 2013 where the two sports decided to work together to create the largest sporting community in the country. It reflects the wider support that exists for rugby league and the game’s commitment to ensuring there is a place on the field for everyone.

More than a million participants play in competitions under a joint NRL-TFA banner. This is in addition to around 850,000 girls and boys who take part in NRL development programs each year.

“This partnership with Queensland Touch Football is another positive step in growing the Titans fan base and strengthening our connections with the community,” said Aquis Titans CEO Graham Annesley.

“Touch football has a massive participation base of men, women, boys and girls who will, through this alignment, become part of the Titans family.

“The benefits that will flow for the Titans brand and the continuing growth and development of participation in both rugby league and touch football will be a major boost to both organisations.

“This collaboration further reinforces the strength and domination of the NRL and touch football in the traditional heartland region of South East Queensland.”

Great move and a win for everybody especially Parkwood ... Qld Titans? ... not so sure about that, but whatever, let's hope our defence doesn't reflect this partnership.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Team for first trail announced on titans website.

Will Zillman, David Mead, Brian Kelly, Nathan Davis, Anthony Don, Daniel Mortimer, Ash Taylor, David Shillington, Nathan Friend, Agnatius Paasi, Zeb Taia, Chris McQueen, Lachlan Burr, Matt Srama, Luke Douglas, Eddy Pettybourne, Shane Wright, Jeff Lynch, Greg Leleisiuao, Leivaha Pulu, Cameron Cullen, Leva Li, Shannon Walker.

Unavailable due to injury - Hoffman, Moseley, Peteru

Unavailable due to All Stars- Bird, Mcdonald, James, Tyrone Roberts

Glad they named a team, not a squad like usual for trials. Gives an insight into what Henry is thinking positionally, such as Paasi in front row. Obviously i dont like Mortimer at 6, but with Tyrone not available, limited options.

Interesting to see Brian Kelly named to start in centres over GL.

I wouldn't read too much into that A, they'll only get about 5 minutes each. What I do like though is the feeling of youth and strangely enough 'depth' in the team. I have a growing confidence that if we can put a lot of those young guys through their paces in the NRL squad this year then they could gel into a great core for the club over many seasons ... without hope there is no future
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

titanic i absolutely agree, and have said for months that there is enough quality in our recruitment, while not being AAA stars, to warrant optimism.

and the beauty is that Paasi, Petty, Peteru, McQueen, and a few other are all heavily heavily discounted compared to Dave Taylor and Myles and the like. So the ones that perform earn upgrades, and the ones that dont slide out the back door, but there is no paying part of their wage while they playing for someone else, and they aren't sitting on our books at $400k not fulfilling their side of the bargain.