Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Pre-season

Immortal

Story on new recruit Leivaha Pulu

http://www.nrl.com/pulu-swaps-lollip...0/default.aspx

Good story but we are starting to look pretty Poly in our depth … don't mind that except we are in danger of becoming limited in our scope.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Story on how Agnatius Paasi has come to where he is today.

http://www.nrl.com/project-paasi-pay...5/default.aspx

Immortal

Story on Karl Lawton and his chances this year.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227703885145

Has anyone been to a training session? If so how are the boys looking ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Has anyone been to a training session? If so how are the boys looking ?
    Was checking the club website this morning as they used to have training times up but this year I couldn't find it. I always head to a training session about this time of year to see how they're going but I think this may not happen due to a lack of information regarding training times.

Would be good to get a video every know and then on the official titans website of some training action, just showing some drills etc, a lot of the other clubs have some great video content on their website of the pre season training being undertaken. I know I have mentioned it before but gee we lack a lot compared to other clubs with our website.

i have sent emails requesting this but they dont reply, maybe if a few more people did it

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2016/01/11/today_s_training_gal.html

birdy is lookin fit

Does anyone know who the guy wearing the hat in the background is in photos 3 and 7? He literally looks like hes about 16/17.

Nathan Friend setting the bar at Gold Coast Titans pre-season in bid for renewed success
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/

COMEBACK “kid” Nathan Friend is setting the example as he hopes to guide the Gold Coast to success.

The 34-year-old hooker has been one of the best when it comes to fitness training and is relishing being back under the hot Coast sun.

Recruited from the Warriors, Friend is an inaugural Titans player, having been a part of the club’s first five years from 2007 to 2011.

The Titans finished the regular season in the top four in both 2009 and 2010 – when they got within one game of the grand final – but have not played finals football since.

Friend said players were determined to taste success.

“There is nothing like winning but it doesn’t happen overnight and people have got to realise that,” he said.

“It comes after a lot of hard work … I think we have had a couple of guys that have collapsed at training, they haven’t put their hand up and walked off so that’s a great sign.”

Friend said he and Kierran Moseley were working well together ahead of a potential sharing of dummy half.

“We talk a lot and do a fair bit of passing with each other. I started in Melbourne and that’s what I used to do with Cam Smith, I used to ask him for his advice.”

Titans forward Ryan James said Friend was a welcome addition who commands respect.

“He has always been that guy who strives for perfection so if we can all take a leaf out of his book the club will be better.”

In other news, the Titans have signed former Broncos under-20s player Cameron Cullen on a trial deal as cover for injured half Kane Elgey.

Cullen last year played for the Mackay Cutters.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Does anyone know who the guy wearing the hat in the background is in photos 3 and 7? He literally looks like hes about 16/17.
    Son of one of the staff

cant see any shannon walker in training?

Shillington impresses as a realist … looking forward to seeing him dig in.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.