Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Pre-season

Pettybourne scores next to posts with four seconds left. He's been strong this quarter too. 20-18 with Davis kicking. #thrunthru #nrltrials
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

could have been worse though. not sure whats wrong with GL but apparently its ankle

- - - Updated - - -

hopefully morts wont be full time kicker

It's just a trial & no one cares who wins or loses just as long as there's no major injuries I'm happy , I would also be happy if Friendy was considered for the Captaincy but I fear it will be Bird
    #itaintweaktospeak

Does anyone know if GL's ankle is a serious injury or is it just a knock?

Just read on Facebook that apparently Ryan James has an injury from last night. Anyone know how bad or what injury?

One thing I noticed from the Allstars game, Nene is fast! Quite a bit faster than I had thought.

Just stumbled across a few highlights from our Eels game in the videos section of fox sports http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl. Pulu looked great scoring that try and then the offload to create the last play, plus Paasi and Pettybourne both looked strong in those clips. I have to say, the image of those three rampaging forwards with their flowing hair could be great for us in terms of marketing, I could see the kids loving that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Just read on Facebook that apparently Ryan James has an injury from last night. Anyone know how bad or what injury?
    Nah mate. I have asked a few times on Twitter no answer.

Thanks Bayside Titan. No news is good news. It was from FOX sports and read: "The Titans got through their drawn match against the Eels in Alice Springs unscathed but Neil Henry did reveal that he had received a text message telling him that star forward Ryan James had been injured in the All Stars match. No further light has been shed on the potential injury to James".

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Thanks Bayside Titan. No news is good news. It was from FOX sports and read: "The Titans got through their drawn match against the Eels in Alice Springs unscathed but Neil Henry did reveal that he had received a text message telling him that star forward Ryan James had been injured in the All Stars match. No further light has been shed on the potential injury to James".

Might find out today at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Might find out today at some point.
    and maybe not
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    and maybe not
    That's true. Usually the local Jurnos are all over it.

what about nene at fb? lot faster than i imagined (out did ben brba in all stars)

played there for a fair few minutes

i think he maybe could, and he played alot of FB in junoir footy, but i think hes already 111kg and only 21. think he will end up two big. he can one of the star centres of the NRL i believe. his yardage is crazy.

I can imagine when we blooding GL on the wing, GL bringing is back super strong like Koni hurrell, then Nene taking the play 1 from dummy half for 15 metres more often then not. and we are on a hell of start to the set.

Inglis is really the only person that size ive seen be able to handle it, and he is going to one of the all time greats.

The only criticism I have of Nene is when he runs the ball it looks like he try to step the defender it doesn't really work, I think he needs to just run a lot harder at th defenders and he'll do more damage that way. Nene needs to hit the defensive line harder with the ball is what I'm trying to say.

I think he could be a great FB option in time, and in the All-Stars game he actually looked decent there and he went looking for work round the ruck and there was one 'Storm play' they tried to do and I think it was Graham who flicked a pass in field to Nene steaming on to it and it didn't work but I reckon if that pulled off he would've been hard to stop.

1. Nene
    2. Olive
    3. BK
    4. GL
    5. TRD/Davis

Could be an exciting back-five.

How about Matthew Wright someone we could target for our centre predicament? I think he's more of a winger but he's not going to start at Cowboys.. I'd sooner go for Moga but he's quite injury prone.
    Last edited by TitanSam; 15-02-16 at 08:02 PM.