Page 94 of 143 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2138

True true. I take you point about a experience centre. I wish they work out some sort of deal with souths so we can get Olive.. Maybe offer them Morts? hah

Nielsen just signed with Souths..

Could be the trigger to get Olive a year early!
    or Goodwin

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    Could be the trigger to get Olive a year early!
    or Goodwin
    surely they'd give us Olive now, surely.

unless they give us goodwin, then give Olive some game time n hope he stays at souths next year aswell

They're bound to offload SOMEONE now

- - - Updated - - -

Was Brian Kelly the number 2 for the NSW origin team?
    #ThruNThru

Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    They're bound to offload SOMEONE now

- - - Updated - - -

Was Brian Kelly the number 2 for the NSW origin team?
    yes he was

Brian Canavan will be involved in Gold Coast Titans’ NRL recruitment drive
    January 25, 2016 12:00am
    Connor O’Brien Gold Coast Bulletin

INCOMING Gold Coast Titans chief operating officer Brian Canavan says he will establish a three-year plan to set the struggling franchise back on the path to success.

Canavan, who will join the Titans in the newly created role after a successful stint running premiership powerhouse the Sydney Roosters, knows fortunes can turn quickly in the NRL.

It took just one off-season for the Roosters to recover from 13th in 2012 to claim the title the following season.

Canavan is quick to point out it is still early days for his run on the Coast, admitting he was yet to have the opportunity to fully assess the club’s strengths and weaknesses. But he would be looking at a three-year plan to help drive the results that local rugby league fans so desperately crave.

“That’s what I will be doing in the early months, analysing the people and programs and just see what I can add in to both those cases,” Canavan said.

“Three-year plans are a little bit easier to manage and they’re more realistic in terms of setting KPIs (key performance indicators), and therefore aiming to achieve them.”

Canavan said he was confident the Titans would be able to bolster their roster before June 30.

“I’ve been around long enough to know that player lists and salary caps don’t sit still,” he said. “Clubs get themselves caught up in salary cap situations just prior to Round 1 or even shortly after.

“And what happens too is that early in the season when clubs get under way, head coaches start to realise what works and doesn’t work, and then after a month there’s movement yet again before June 30.”

He also said the Titans needed to improve their brand in order to lure top talent to the Glitter Strip.

Canavan said he saw himself as the “key overseer” in the club’s recruitment process but added that acquiring players would be a combination of efforts with talent scout David Hamilton and coach Neil Henry. With the Gold Coast side about to enter their 10th season in the NRL, Canavan said the Titans had already checked off the hard parts of their rebuild.

“They have written a strategic plan, they’ve got an independent board – which is unique in that it is 100 per cent independent and it has got three females on it,” he said.

“Then you’re looking at the restructure, they’re looking at the transition to a centre of excellence training and admin centre, so all those really hard, high level bits have been done.

“Now we just start drilling down and that will be what I’m doing in the early parts of my tenure.”

He hinted that a priority was a top class high-performance unit to ensure sport science was used to the best possible effect.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 25-01-16 at 05:46 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    yes he was
    Wow we should be playing in first grade! He's incredible!
    #ThruNThru

Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    Wow we should be playing in first grade! He's incredible!
    but that is 20's though to be fair. He is incredible but I personally haven't seen what he's done in QCUP against bigger bodies. He still played outstanding that game.

been watching some footage of goodwin, not as bad as i thought
    not great but ok

I'm only typing this because I can Canavan heads for a three year plan and so one must ask what about Henry's three year plan which is now in year 2? Also Brian please refer to women as women and not "females" otherwise we may have all the sheilas complaining
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Heaps of kids have looked incredible in under 20s and the rare few eg. Shannon walker have looked invincible in Q cup even at the tender age of 18. They just have to make the most of the chances they get.

Goodwin is solid but so are many others
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    been watching some footage of goodwin, not as bad as i thought
    not great but ok
    that footage is prob over his whole career... someone could make a video and make Ryan Morgan look good...

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    that footage is prob over his whole career... someone could make a video and make Ryan Morgan look good...
    no was watching some souths games
    give him a 5/10-- not exciting but solid