Page 93 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    Don't know if it's been posted here or not but John Olive was denied a release from the final year of his contract to come up here this year.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...h%20%7C%20NRL)
    can u post the article? Dont want to sign up!
    On that note... why? he is coming here next year, doubt he will play this year unless there are a few injuryed. Their would be ****ter players who would get the nod over him due to the fact he wont be there next year... I can understand it if Goodwin was going too, but if they denied him aswell I cant see why they wouldnt let Olive go... They still have their 2 centres from last year - walker (goodwin and that guy who hits women? forget his name hah)

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    On that note... why? he is coming here next year, doubt he will play this year unless there are a few injuryed. Their would be ****ter players who would get the nod over him due to the fact he wont be there next year... I can understand it if Goodwin was going too, but if they denied him aswell I cant see why they wouldnt let Olive go... They still have their 2 centres from last year - walker (goodwin and that guy who hits women? forget his name hah)
    maybe they're trying to keep him?. Is there anyway they could keep him or no chance now he's signed?

Souths get rid of Walker and fight tooth n nail for Goodwin, some funky stuff going on at that club
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Definitely should go hard at Mata'utia before going for Goodwin.
    #ThruNThru

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    maybe they're trying to keep him?. Is there anyway they could keep him or no chance now he's signed?
    Always a chance. Contracts mean little. Could give him games at the end of the season and get him wanting to stay. Then why would the Titans want someone who doesn't want to go.

if it comes down to one one of the young guys having to step up-- who do we use?
    brian kelly, levi lee or GK? (GK is only 18 this year i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    if it comes down to one one of the young guys having to step up-- who do we use?
    it's GL mate. Li has already played a game and was solid. It will probably depend on how the other two go in NYC to see who gets a shot over the other. My guess may be BK because he's more experienced than GL but I'm not too sure

BK and Li are more ready for NRL but GL probably has the bigger potential. However it is probably a bit soon to rush him into first grade this year unless needed. Hopefully get a look at him at the Nines.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

most of the young guys you want/need to blood them onto the wing first for a short while before they move into the centres.

also we missed out on this guy? a gc local.

"BRONCOS EYE YOUNG TIGER

The Broncos are set to sign promising Tigers centre Marion Seve.

A 20-year-old speedster who has been a member of the Tigers’ NRL squad for the past 12 months, has secured a release to the Broncos.

A former Australian Schoolboy, Seve played two years in the Tigers’ NYC side before joining the full-time squad last season, but injuries held him back from playing in the top grade.

But Seve is big and strong and could be a bargain buy for the Broncos in 2016 and beyond.

Seve hails from Keebra Park on the Gold Coast – the school that produced Benji Marshall and a host of other stars."

most of the young guys you want/need to blood them onto the wing first for a short while before they move into the centres.

also we missed out on this guy? a gc local.

"BRONCOS EYE YOUNG TIGER

The Broncos are set to sign promising Tigers centre Marion Seve.

A 20-year-old speedster who has been a member of the Tigers’ NRL squad for the past 12 months, has secured a release to the Broncos.

A former Australian Schoolboy, Seve played two years in the Tigers’ NYC side before joining the full-time squad last season, but injuries held him back from playing in the top grade.

But Seve is big and strong and could be a bargain buy for the Broncos in 2016 and beyond.

Seve hails from Keebra Park on the Gold Coast – the school that produced Benji Marshall and a host of other stars."
    apparently we've offered him a big contract someone said on the WT forum. Seve is the guy that Olive terrorised in the U-20 SOO. I think we had him at one point I remember seeing on an older thread here. Seve is just fast. The article says 'big and strong' which is bs he's only like 5"10 and doesn't weigh much. His defence is pretty shocking.
    Last edited by TitanSam; 25-01-16 at 10:31 AM.

Seve is nothing special patske. We have got the better one in Olive who absolutely showed up Seve in U20s Origin. No point getting him when we have enough young centres. Should be on the lookout for experienced centres.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Immortal

Marion Seve is an Ipswich junior and was part of the Titans development squad when he was around 13 or so. Yes he was over shadowed in the interstate game but he is a talented player who likely will end up on the wing. He is around 180cm, 93kg and is an elusive runner. Moot point though the Broncos are confident of getting him.

Won't Seve be too short for the wing? They may be getting him to replace Maranta whilst he's out

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Seve is nothing special patske. We have got the better one in Olive who absolutely showed up Seve in U20s Origin. No point getting him when we have enough young centres. Should be on the lookout for experienced centres.
    he may become something under wayne bennet though...j olive QLDer?

he may become something under wayne bennet though...j olive QLDer?
    Olive is NSW