Page 90 of 143 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2138

Yes, we need Centre's. But at the same time I hold little faith in our current spine as I tend to think they'll all be out with injuries at some point throughout the season, plus I don't rate Tyrone at all.

So, my conclusion is we're screwed all over as there's not much on offer out there at this point. I will add, I'm pretty pissed at the moment how this Roberts, Copely and Jennings deals transpired and we never got a look in anywhere. In fact, I'm quite filthy about it all.

Keary is off contract, plus Josh Massoud has just said on Sunrise this morning that his managers are trying to get him up on the Gold Coast.
    #ThruNThru

Keary is a good player but i agree with most guys here. I am looking at long term... I want LG and taylor to be there next year. Why are you saying he might leave? if he wanted to, he would be at manly right now, prob getting Keary would only hurt our chances of him staying. What if Taylor has a stand out year, would be looking for a upgrade, and we all know how good LG could be, He will be wanting more when his contract is up, we dont want 3 halves on our books on high $$$. Get his mate Perrett, aswell as Matautia and Olive. We are trying to build a team for the future, but buying individuals for right now. Yes He would be good for this season but we need to use this year as a building one. Olive will then be able to push for that centre spot(something which we havnt had for a while) Perret can learn a thing or two from Shillington and Douglas and become the leader of the pack with james for the year to come.

Goodwin was/is on the end of a great backline/forward pack. All he has had to do at souths is catch the ball/pass it to his unmarked winger. Nothing special, solid but I would rather get Olive and start blooding him for next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. anyone else have a laugh when they heard maranta is out for a bit? Bl broncos. Reed is out for the first bit of the year aswell. Karma

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    Keary is a good player but i agree with most guys here. I am looking at long term... I want LG and taylor to be there next year. Why are you saying he might leave? if he wanted to, he would be at manly right now, prob getting Keary would only hurt our chances of him staying. What if Taylor has a stand out year, would be looking for a upgrade, and we all know how good LG could be, He will be wanting more when his contract is up, we dont want 3 halves on our books on high $$$. Get his mate Perrett, aswell as Matautia and Olive. We are trying to build a team for the future, but buying individuals for right now. Yes He would be good for this season but we need to use this year as a building one. Olive will then be able to push for that centre spot(something which we havnt had for a while) Perret can learn a thing or two from Shillington and Douglas and become the leader of the pack with james for the year to come.

Goodwin was/is on the end of a great backline/forward pack. All he has had to do at souths is catch the ball/pass it to his unmarked winger. Nothing special, solid but I would rather get Olive and start blooding him for next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. anyone else have a laugh when they heard maranta is out for a bit? Bl broncos. Reed is out for the first bit of the year aswell. Karma
    Dude Maranta and Reed are probably the worst players at Broncos lol
    #ThruNThru

Junior

Any thoughts on Keary as a full back. Can run a hole, can pass. Would be limited by his height - but if he does come and we want to think long term he does seem to have a bit to offer.

to small i think- would get run over a lot and have to work hugely on his defense....
    but hey give it a shot

I think Mata'utia is a better option for fullback (over Keary or Zillman for that matter). As for halves, grab them when you can, if you can as long as it's not tying up massive $$$. Every year we end up going south when our capable halves get injured so having depth in that position wouldn't be a bad thing. Might even inspire competition for the spot.

How long has Tyrone been signed for? Two years and he's costing us about $150k a season thanks to a knights subsidy. If Keary becomes available I'd grab him, if he's open to negotiations for 2017 then get them underway. From what we have seen we have LG with an ACL injury this year and we have an untried player in Ash Taylor who has already had two shoulder reconstructions. We are going to need the depth.

Tbh I'd be gutted if we got Keary.

Oh Keary at fb gets my interest. Another Preston Campbell. But I think getting Keary will only push LG out of the club. But I guess all 3 are young... not all players kick on and deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by BatlowTigers View Post
    Any thoughts on Keary as a full back. Can run a hole, can pass. Would be limited by his height - but if he does come and we want to think long term he does seem to have a bit to offer.
    I reckon the best way to answer your question is by a question.
    Is Keary a better half than either of the two guys we will have in that position this season? The answer to that is clearly yes, so no to playing him somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I reckon the best way to answer your question is by a question.
    Is Keary a better half than either of the two guys we will have in that position this season? The answer to that is clearly yes, so no to playing him somewhere else.
    Let's get him first before discussing positions. If we do snag him I feel playing Tyrone in the backs is more suitable.

- - - Updated - - -

In other reports, Lloyd Perrett is apparently VERY CLOSE to signing with the Titans. https://twitter.com/Shhh_Insider/status/689592892000604160
    #ThruNThru

TITANS TARGETS

St George Illawarra utility Peter Mata’utia is unlikely to be granted a release from his St George Illawarra deal to move to the Gold Coast this season.

The 25-year-old has again received an expression of interest from the club that chased his signature last year, with competition for spots in the Dragons backline at a premium.

With Tim Lafai and Josh Dugan expected to be the centre pairing for the club, Kurt Mann fullback and Jason Nightingale on one wing, Mata’utia is favourite to claim the remaining spot.

Bulldogs forward Lloyd Perrett is also understood to have caught the eye of the Titans but he also appears to be staying put.

Named in Queensland’s emerging Origin squad last week, the 21-year-old made 14 appearances for the Bulldogs last year, taking his total first grade games to 22.

Meanwhile, former Canberra prop Jeff Lynch has landed a one-year-deal with the Gold Coast after impressing during his train and trial stint during the pre-season.

The 22-year-old spent last season in the Raiders’ NSW Cup side in what has been an injury-riddled past three seasons but having impressed during a short period, Titans coach Neil Henry said Lynch has worked hard for his contract.

“He has earned a full-time contract with what he has shown us already and he will add depth to our front row,” Henry said.

“I’m looking forward to seeing him play in the trials and following in the footsteps of other players who have made the most of their opportunity here.”

From fox sports this morning, looks like matu'utia is a no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Tbh I'd be gutted if we got Keary.
    Mate, I think that is a crazy comment. Of all the rubbish we have signed or mentioned as possible signings, you'd be gutted if one of the top halves running around and a recent premiership winner joined us. Probably will not happen so you won't be gutted.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 20-01-16 at 01:14 PM.

Fox sports news is great but there strike rate with player movements not so great
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Yes, we need Centre's. But at the same time I hold little faith in our current spine as I tend to think they'll all be out with injuries at some point throughout the season, plus I don't rate Tyrone at all.

So, my conclusion is we're screwed all over as there's not much on offer out there at this point. I will add, I'm pretty pissed at the moment how this Roberts, Copely and Jennings deals transpired and we never got a look in anywhere. In fact, I'm quite filthy about it all.
    [QUOTE=Toads;371432]Yes, we need Centre's. But at the same time I hold little faith in our current spine as I tend to think they'll all be out with injuries at some point throughout the season, plus I don't rate Tyrone at all.

Totally agree with you there. Teflon Annesley and Henry always get outplayed by managers and other clubs. I can't stand them anymore. When they manage to finally kill off our club Annesley will go back to living in Cronulla and Henry will go work as an Assistant somewhere else and we will be left with nothing. Other than our community becomes an AFL heartland.

In regards to Keary my answer is no way. Our problems that need addressing are we need two centres and one more high quality forward. Lloyd Perrett would be a step in the right direction.

They need to attack that problem. But the reality is that it's now late January not early October.

What I don't understand is how can't the Annesley/Henry combo sell the Gold Coast to players and their partners???
    If you can't sell our lifestyle and weather and cost of living then you are a complete joke at salesmanship.

Go Titans.