Page 9 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Yeah idk I'd sooner see us getting a quality back-rower or two. I don't see backs as a problem

Article from Fox Sports today, just included the titans section of the article
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227592528583

Jarryd Hayne NRL lifeline: which club could lure the former Parramatta Eels star home?

JARRYD Hayne has been dealt a massive blow in his early NFL career, facing the rest of the season on the sidelines.

After starting his American odyssey so brightly, his relegation to the 49ers practice squad is sure to have a world-class athlete like Hayne second guessing his transition.

That’s not to say that he’ll pack it in tomorrow, Hayne has previously predicted bumps in the road and said he was willing to ride them out in his unlikely quest to make it as a proficient NFL player.

However, there’s surely no better time for NRL clubs to start putting the feelers out to see if they can lure back arguably the most gifted natural talent rugby league has seen in the last decade
    So, is there an NRL lifeline out there for the 2014 Dally M Medal winner? Should he wish to return, here are the clubs most likely to provide him with a home.
    GOLD COAST TITANS
    CEO Graham Annesley and coach Neil Henry may have been left a little gun shy when it comes to signing superstars after the Daly Cherry-Evans disaster but the fact is no club needs a player of Hayne’s quality as much as the Titans.

After losing Nate Myles, Aidan Sezer, Dave Taylor and the backflipping DCE, the Titans are almost certainly the one club in a position to make Hayne a big offer without needing any outside help.

That would be a great outcome for the NRL as current owners of the club because it would no doubt drive corporate support and bring some much needed rugby league buzz back to the glitter strip.

If Hayne came back to Australia, it’s fairly safe to assume his first choice would be to land a club in Sydney but if there wasn’t one able to meet his pay demands, the Gold Coast could well be in with a shot.
    Last edited by RileyC; 03-11-15 at 09:32 PM.

Hayne is learning what NFL really stands for. Not For Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    As per Bulldogs press release Perrett has signed with the Dogs for a further 2 years.
    I was happy when I read that. I was hoping that we wouldn't be getting a 30 year old winger who lasts one or two seasons at a club before moving on.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugb...04-gkqahl.html

"It is understood Barnett is attempting to get out of the written agreement he made with the Raiders so he can sign a more lucrative deal with the Gold Coast Titans."

- - - Updated - - -

Mitch runs a good line on the left edge and is a fiery player who doesn't take a backward step. Plays hard.

I wouldn't mind this at all, to be honest. We need some aggression desperately. Was NSW Cup player of the year.

Junior

hmmm growing trend -

Ex-Raiders recruitment in Hamilton and now Titans getting Raiders players. Could have got Blake Austin or Papalii lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugb...04-gkqahl.html

"It is understood Barnett is attempting to get out of the written agreement he made with the Raiders so he can sign a more lucrative deal with the Gold Coast Titans."

- - - Updated - - -

Mitch runs a good line on the left edge and is a fiery player who doesn't take a backward step. Plays hard.

I wouldn't mind this at all, to be honest. We need some aggression desperately. Was NSW Cup player of the year.
    Well we all know how much a contract is worth before it's lodged with the NRL.

Would much rather Patrick Mago but Allgood I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'm probably being a bit selective but I don't put Walker's drug issue in the same boat as taking/dealing coke or other drugs. Walker took legally prescribed drugs and from what I read, he took them with some energy drinks. Yep stupid and it nearly cost him his life so if he doesn't learn from that then he is a fool. I would take him and cannot agree at all that having two centres at a high price is harmful, not if our cap is properly managed. I see plenty of other clubs with two class centres. Nene shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Roberts and Walker.

I am just desperate for the club to sign some class. Respect your opinion TitanSam but I don't see these great talented backs coming through that you do. But I didn't see a 100/1 horse winning the Cup today either!
    Agree with your post here MT completely. More so the last paragraph re class signings. IMO if we indeed have only 2-3 spots left in the 25 man squad I really think that they have to players with profile. I feel like I'm hanging for more in terms of signings and signing players on the up or need a chance , while not a wrong idea not the way I would like to see our recruitment book closed by. An article today suggested that we have the money for Burgess (approx $1.5mil). If so that money should be able to secure players LIKE Hoppa, Teo, Walker and McQueen and possibly two/ three players out of that list. These are the type of players I believe we should be throwing the money at.

Also on the point of 2 $500k centres with the increases to the salary cap and the right cap management the retention should be slightly eased going forward.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I would much rather blokes that I have heard of.

I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I would much rather blokes that I have heard of.
    wow, that shows your knowledge on up coming talent. But I don't disagree tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I wouldn't
    why not?

wow, that shows your knowledge on up coming talent. But I don't disagree tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

why not?
    I think Barnett is a better player and NRL ready. Hence his accolades in 2015. Plus I see him fitting our dynamic better - fills what we need better than Mago, IMO.

At the end of the day though they are both players who aren't proven at NRL level so eh, caters to our long-term strategy but doesn't accommodate the short-term results some people are after.

Depends which boat you sit in I guess

Ah ok, you have a FAR better insight than me anyway so my argument for Mago doesn't stand a chance against yours on Barnett I guess. I'd be ok with Barnett coming here and if you think he'd be a good signing then I'd be onboard.

Ah ok, you have a FAR better insight than me anyway so my argument for Mago doesn't stand a chance against yours on Barnett I guess. I'd be ok with Barnett coming here and if you think he'd be a good signing then I'd be onboard.
    Haha mate I'm not that clued up on Raiders juniors but I'm a fan of Barnett. Guy's a mongrel.