Page 89 of 143 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2138

Keary is just not a player I would want. Others must rate him highly because he's good but not outstanding in my eyes.

Also it just hurts us long term. What happens when LG and Taylor need upgrades and we can't get the cash because we are spending big $ on Keary? And one of them will be leaving if we sign Keary.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

We don't need Keary. IMO he's hardly a player that would attract stars to come to us. Secondly, he's not a good mould for Ash. Keary is a ball-runner, not someone that would take control of a game and Ash needs a player to take control, Tyrone has been in that position before so he is what we need. Ash isn't ready to fully control a game yet. For the first few rounds Tyrone needs to take control and let Ash sit back and feel the game first.

We shouldn't even be looking at Keary, target Mata'utia, get Olive a year early and get Perrett. Done. That's what we need not 4 quality halves. 4 can't fit into 2, 3 is healthy enough competition and when Lawton gets over his injury then that would be 4.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    We don't need Keary. IMO he's hardly a player that would attract stars to come to us. Secondly, he's not a good mould for Ash. Keary is a ball-runner, not someone that would take control of a game and Ash needs a player to take control, Tyrone has been in that position before so he is what we need. Ash isn't ready to fully control a game yet. For the first few rounds Tyrone needs to take control and let Ash sit back and feel the game first.

We shouldn't even be looking at Keary, target Mata'utia, get Olive a year early and get Perrett. Done. That's what we need not 4 quality halves. 4 can't fit into 2, 3 is healthy enough competition and when Lawton gets over his injury then that would be 4.
    Tyrone is more of a ball runner than Keary lol
    #ThruNThru

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Keary is just not a player I would want. Others must rate him highly because he's good but not outstanding in my eyes.

Also it just hurts us long term. What happens when LG and Taylor need upgrades and we can't get the cash because we are spending big $ on Keary? And one of them will be leaving if we sign Keary.
    Again, I see your point. Good halves are worth gold (mint as Titan Sam would say) so you can't have too many in my view. We must have some blokes on big overs coming to the end of their contracts so money should be freed up to keep blokes we want. Also perhaps if we became a serious NRL club on the field we might actually start to attract third party money like successful clubs do.
    I believe we can only deal with what we have in front of us now and that also includes a lot of doubts about our halves. As for next year it is possible LG has already signed with another club - probably not but we don't know.
    Anyway good discussion T4L.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    Tyrone is more of a ball runner than Keary lol
    Yeah and at what speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Do you mean in addition to the two posts above? One of which is from Fox Sports.

- - - Updated - - -

Hearing you loud and clear re a centre (in fact I think we need two centres) but what if Kane leaves which must be a good possibility. I agree with you that Tyrone R is not a bad player but he isn't in Keary's league and Ash T is not even proven at NRL level yet. So yes we could have an embarrassment of riches in the halves or we could have an embarrassment. I'm over what ifs, I want the what nows.

Agree with MT here. Additionally we forget that Keary is local Junior. Now one Roberts is gone T Roberts may be thinking of going back the NSW of he can.

Abit on Luke from Wiki.
    In 2011, Keary returned to Queensland, moving to the Gold Coast where he attended Griffith University and played a season with the Burleigh Bears, playing for their FOGS Colts and Queensland Cup teams.[3] At the end of the year he won Burleigh's FOGS Colts Best Back Award
    Last edited by Bayside Titan; 19-01-16 at 09:15 PM.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Again, I see your point. Good halves are worth gold (mint as Titan Sam would say) so you can't have too many in my view. We must have some blokes on big overs coming to the end of their contracts so money should be freed up to keep blokes we want. Also perhaps if we became a serious NRL club on the field we might actually start to attract third party money like successful clubs do.
    I believe we can only deal with what we have in front of us now and that also includes a lot of doubts about our halves. As for next year it is possible LG has already signed with another club - probably not but we don't know.
    Anyway good discussion T4L.
    Yeah good discussion and I see your point but like I said, I don't rate Keary. Isn't flash and needs a good team to play with to perform.

Just think you guys who want Keary should think long term. We going to let go of Kane or Ash just to get Keary (a fella who is on serious overs, not worth the coin he would be on coming here)
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Tyrone has had experience at controlling the game in his career. Keary hasn't. That's my point.

- - - Updated - - -

We'd lose one of Ash or Kane if we got Keary too. And they'll be faaar better players than Keary is

Yeah good discussion and I see your point but like I said, I don't rate Keary. Isn't flash and needs a good team to play with to perform.

Just think you guys who want Keary should think long term. We going to let go of Kane or Ash just to get Keary (a fella who is on serious overs, not worth the coin he would be on coming here)
    I want Keary - and Mata'utai and Perrett. I am a bit past looking long term as we may not have a club if we have another year or two like the last few.

Playing devil's advocate on Sam's point about 4 quality halves:
    Tyrone - solid but not quality
    Ash T - played 23 minutes at NRL level so untested as yet
    LG - hopefully will come back strong but he was going to be second year NRL which is traditionally tough for young blokes. Plus he might leave.
    Keary - I've said enough re him
    Lawnton - shouldn't even be part of the halves discussion at this stage

So there may eventually be quality but there is an equal chance of less than that. Take class players if they are there I say. Would make a nice change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Tyrone has had experience at controlling the game in his career. Keary hasn't. That's my point.

- - - Updated - - -

We'd lose one of Ash or Kane if we got Keary too. And they'll be faaar better players than Keary is
    Geez you blokes must be watching a different Rabbits side to what I have, particularly two years back.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 19-01-16 at 09:27 PM.

any quality players that come up we should sign- even if it is only a 1yr deal

Keary is a guy that needs a good team to play behind otherwise he is pretty ordinary (showed this year). Like I said, Keary is not 'class'. He is an above average NRL half AT HIS BEST.

Shouldn't be targeting any halves unless they are stars. Centres and forwards more our problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    any quality players that come up we should sign- even if it is only a 1yr deal
    Keary isn't going to come for one year. He will be on extreme overs for 2-4 years. Not worth it.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Rabbitohs aren't even going to let Goodwin go let alone Keary so I'm guessing our discussion is moot. However it maybe a discussion worth having when or if LG doesn't exercise his one year option through to 2017, good to know we have possible options.

Lets not forget we were all using the Titans letting Keary go as ammunition as to why Cartwright should have been sacked two years ago.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 19-01-16 at 09:35 PM.

Exactly. Look at Keary for 2017 if we HAVE TO because Elgey leaves. Don't need to rush and buy him.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

T4L has summed up what I think. I'm firmly in the camp that we shouldn't be chasing him. (Maybe for 2017 if LG leaves) but I'd rather spend money on Perrett, Matautia etc.

Exactly. Look at Keary for 2017 if we HAVE TO because Elgey leaves. Don't need to rush and buy him.
    As JB said it's probably a fanciful discussion anyway, as most possible signings for the Titans are. Your point above T4L about being no rush, is unfortunately not the way it works in the NRL (that sounds like I am being condescending to you but I don't mean it that way mate). If we find out late next season that LG is leaving it is then too late to sign halves that may have been on the market. The stupid rules that the NRL have in allowing blokes to sign well ahead of their contract expiry means that you cannot afford to wait.

Anyway enjoyed the banter lads. Has taken another night off the off season drag and stopped me watching the boring tennis.

Guys saying don't chase Keary are seriously delearrry !!!

He'd be the most established and successful half we'd have on our books.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]