Page 78 of 143 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    They're close mates
    Ah ok, if it helps keep elgey htat will be nice. Don't know where he could go for this year though club wise. Pretty much everyclub has a halves pairing that could last the next 2-3 years. The only club i could worry about is melbourne making a play for him. Unless Manly are still interested

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    I have no doubt perett is good im only worried about this "lucrative" offer. We need to spend money where we need it and i think our forward pack is looking pretty good, especially if Bird and McQueen find their form.
    Also hearing that Zilly's gonna be named our captain. Don't personally believe it yet but at the rate we are going at its between him or Birdy. Still reckon Friendy should have, one of the true ( somewhat forgotten) legends of our club.

- - - Updated - - -

How so?
    Zillman captain??!!! FFS guy must be the greatest player "at training" of all time. Bloke has done zero on the field to warrant captaining our club. Captains lead from example they dont have horrendous defensive reads and are never within 10m of a try being scored.

I'd have both but if I had to choose I'd say Perrett

Yeah i think Perrett should be main priority. We need a centre or back more importantly at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Zillman captain??!!! FFS guy must be the greatest player "at training" of all time. Bloke has done zero on the field to warrant captaining our club. Captains lead from example they dont have horrendous defensive reads and are never within 10m of a try being scored.
    He has been vice-captain for the last or so years i believe. I'd give it to douglas but he doesn't know how a coin toss works. James' agression isn't gonna earn us any favour with the refs. Friendy is well spoken (as is Zillman) and could probably be a more cameron smith captain.

Both Perrett and Starling would be fine and I am not in the least worried about whatever they may be paid … the club has been more circumspect than previously and I doubt that will change. Zillman captain, please no.

I am more worried that Henry seems reluctant to try young guys until they are 20+ by which time other clubs have swooped. A few minutes off the bench a few times and we have some guide as to what they can produce and what they can take back to work on. I really hate the "only if you are NRL attitude" what about bringing them on slowly?

We are not winning a premiership this year so there should be a succession strategy.
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-01-16 at 07:19 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    Yeah i think Perrett should be main priority. We need a centre or back more importantly at this point.
    Definitely Perrett. Starling played 14 games for Manly last year and I remember he went ok in one or two only. Two centres preferred.

Immortal

Short article on the signing of Cameron Cullen

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/...ly-tr/2892400/

is dale copley currently training with anyone? if not he needs a club fast he he will be out of shape

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    is dale copley currently training with anyone? if not he needs a club fast he he will be out of shape
    he's training with Brisbane, apparently he's going to start the season with brisbane in the other centre role. If not he'll go to East's, I don't think we have any chance of getting him.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...ory-commentsou

More recent news as far the Reynolds rumour is concerned although i would take it with a grain of salt i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    Heard guys talking about it on the radio today and they were talking as if he is going to the Roosters as it's a done deal. So another one snubs us.

We'll end up with Ryan Morgan you watch. If Copley goes to Roosters and Jennings goes to Eels..

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...ory-commentsou

More recent news as far the Reynolds rumour is concerned although i would take it with a grain of salt i guess
    Interesting that Reynold's possible early release was linked to three clubs in the article and not one of them was us. IIRC when the story broke it was to leave Souths to come here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    We'll end up with Ryan Morgan you watch. If Copley goes to Roosters and Jennings goes to Eels..
    The day we take a Parra cast off is the day we should just forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    As I said earlier, If we haven't already been talking to Jennings now is the time. Throw all we can at him, he is exactly what we need I dare say picking him would be better for us over Copley. jennings has a lot of experience, is an origin rep and is a generally great player/pickup. Him and Parrett would probs wrap up recruitment for this year and add to our attack. Jennings is also pretty good in defence so he could help prevent leaking points on the edge.