Page 74 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    My god whinge whinge whinge. Sure things might be looking a bit shaky for next year but what is this constant whining going to accomplish?
    It will accomplish nothing but neither will sugar coating a bitter pill.

I would rather all views be aired on here, both positive and negative. I don't mind reading the positive views even though I think some live in a fools paradise, whereas others will think some whining just comes from old buggers.

At the end of the day all of us want success for the club. Lecture over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It will accomplish nothing but neither will sugar coating a bitter pill.

I would rather all views be aired on here, both positive and negative. I don't mind reading the positive views even though I think some live in a fools paradise, whereas others will think some whining just comes from old buggers.

At the end of the day all of us want success for the club. Lecture over.
    I agree with what you said to an extent. Just don't see what the 'f the Titans, Tyrone is crap, Mortimer is crap, everyone is crap' stuff does. The positive posters might be living in dreamland but at least we are trying to keep fans positive.

Anyway not the place to talk about this.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

You are way off the topic here so Start a new thread & leave this for what the title says please
    #itaintweaktospeak

Anyway not the place to talk about this.
    Probably not but it took three pages of posts, gave me something to read and killed off another night of the off season before the footy starts again.

Back on track, I've seen a lot of people say we shouldn't rush Taylor and we should put him in QCUP first.

He actually played QCUP for a fair bit of this season for Logan. He'll be fine in NRL.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Back on track, I've seen a lot of people say we shouldn't rush Taylor and we should put him in QCUP first.

He actually played QCUP for a fair bit of this season for Logan. He'll be fine in NRL.
    Pretty sure he only came here to have a crack at first grade (and we would be crazy not to play him). He'll be right, hes probably really pumped.

Sorry to change the subject T4L,

I know the Raiders are very keen on him but with David Hamilton as our new recruitment guy would it be a good signing if we were to chase Brenko Lee? Big guy, fast and a QLD boy. I know he's more of a winger but I think his size could be used well on the edge. Not sure if he's a great defender or not but just another player that could be a target considering Hamiltons connections he could be another guy considering our current centre situation?

Inactive User

Anyone see on Sports Night on Sky News the attitude of Neil Breenand Andrew Webster about our upcoming season and our right to exist? We are in huge trouble because I bet their attitude is right across the board in media circles. Plus I'm constantly reading in comments sections of newspaper articles Brisbane fans calling on us to be kicked out. We need the administration of this club (especially Teflon Annesley) to step up and do something fast. I think after today's news with Elgey it's time to panic.
    I can see some people want only positivity but the reality to me us our squad is uncompetitive and if they are as bad as I fear (Breen says we won't win a game) then the attendances will be horrific and the media pundits will really go in for the kill.
    Go Titans.

A few posts in here talk about what players should be in which positions. If Mortimer is in the halves we are screwed. Ditto for Bird.
    Give the kids a go.
    As for fullback, David Mead is the best we have. If he isn't wearing number 1 it's a joke.
    Don should be the first winger picked.

Tigers for the spoon. They are paying overs and are a good bet at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    A few posts in here talk about what players should be in which positions. If Mortimer is in the halves we are screwed. Ditto for Bird.
    Give the kids a go.
    As for fullback, David Mead is the best we have. If he isn't wearing number 1 it's a joke.
    Don should be the first winger picked.

Tigers for the spoon. They are paying overs and are a good bet at the moment.
    Amen, if he doesn't get FB it will be the final insult to the fans as I can see him walking at the end of the year through utter frustration of another boring season hugging the right wing paint line. There literally isn't anyone else in the entire squad who can make a line break.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Anyone see on Sports Night on Sky News the attitude of Neil Breenand Andrew Webster about our upcoming season and our right to exist? We are in huge trouble because I bet their attitude is right across the board in media circles. Plus I'm constantly reading in comments sections of newspaper articles Brisbane fans calling on us to be kicked out. We need the administration of this club (especially Teflon Annesley) to step up and do something fast. I think after today's news with Elgey it's time to panic.
    I can see some people want only positivity but the reality to me us our squad is uncompetitive and if they are as bad as I fear (Breen says we won't win a game) then the attendances will be horrific and the media pundits will really go in for the kill.
    Go Titans.
    We aren't even the worst club in the NRL, we didnt come last last year. And I'm sorry, but Breenand and Webster can shove their opinions up their ****. They need to accept the fact we're rebuilding, and let us gradually succeed. Our time will come.
    The NRL doesn't care if fans dislike a certain team, all that matters is that the club is in a position to be economically stable, other than that, if we succeed or not, that comes to the management and coach. We're fine. Don't worry yourself over a couple of idiots who want us gone

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by KingElgey View Post
    We aren't even the worst club in the NRL, we didnt come last last year. And I'm sorry, but Breenand and Webster can shove their opinions up their ****. They need to accept the fact we're rebuilding, and let us gradually succeed. Our time will come.
    The NRL doesn't care if fans dislike a certain team, all that matters is that the club is in a position to be economically stable, other than that, if we succeed or not, that comes to the management and coach. We're fine. Don't worry yourself over a couple of idiots who want us gone
    Thanks King Elgey
    I'm mentally scarred by the Gold Coast Chargers and what happened to Gold Coast United and Gold Coast Blaze.
    Reassurance helps me a great deal.

Id love for us to be sitting around 12-14 place after 15 rounds, then a young gun / fringe player will make their debut and have a 'Jarryd Hayne back-end of 2009' season and lift the team into the 8. That would be mint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Thanks King Elgey
    I'm mentally scarred by the Gold Coast Chargers and what happened to Gold Coast United and Gold Coast Blaze.
    Reassurance helps me a great deal.
    No worries mate. Where owned by the NRL remember. Nothing can really go wrong. All we need to worry about is winning matches and being a competitive club once again. We need the fans to rejoice and support until the end, and the players to work hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Id love for us to be sitting around 12-14 place after 15 rounds, then a young gun / fringe player will make their debut and have a 'Jarryd Hayne back-end of 2009' season and lift the team into the 8. That would be mint.
    I want us to start well and maintain a par to better win/loss streak. Would be great. Then we'd certainly finish 7th or 8th, or thereabouts.

he hasnt had much first grade time-- i think we need a more experienced option in the centers to teach the others-- it can be a big change from wing to center defensively so i dont think he would be what we need at the moment--- i think we need a 24-26yr old with 45+ game experience (roughly two years in the comp) and from a top 8 side where he had to fight for his spot

- - - Updated - - -

he hasnt had much first grade time-- i think we need a more experienced option in the centers to teach the others-- it can be a big change from wing to center defensively so i dont think he would be what we need at the moment--- i think we need a 24-26yr old with 45+ game experience (roughly two years in the comp) and from a top 8 side where he had to fight for his spot

(brenko lee i am talking about)