Page 65 of 143 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Our juniors are loyal some of them have stayed even though other clubs have offered far more, and I mean a lot more, others have left but you absolutely can not blame them with the money they are being offered and I am talking about 14 years olds getting six figures sums. Our only way forward is to throw more money at junior development. Juniors do want to stay here but the money being offered is out of this world.

Good luck to the Broncos and Roosters of this world they are using the rules to their advantage, but just do not treat junior players like pieces of meat.
    That paper that Shane Richardson wrote has a recommendation that players cannot be signed until they are 18 which is probably a good thing. Most of what's in that paper was lousy in my opinion which is for another day, but the age limit for signing guys is good.

The Bully had a back page story today about the Titans being a development club and not a recruiting club. On reading the headline and first paragraph I dropped my coffee but then the quotes from Henry were about bringing the young guys through and "supplement them with experienced campaigners and NRL talent" which would be the aim of most clubs that have a reasonable number of juniors I would have thought. That strategy will only work if you keep the best of the juniors that you bring through, LG now being the case in point. As BT and Barrels have said above LG should be upgraded, even done by now considering clubs have been able to negotiate with him since November. I wish I had more confidence in the Titans to get this done.

Inactive User

The sickening words and quotes of superiority coming out of Brisbane HQ today has truly made me want to puke my guts up. I don't want to hear this "little brother" crap when we play Brisbane anymore. They and The Ingrate deserve nothing but unadulterated hatred from the GC from here on. Just as much as what DCE/Myles should get when we play Manly.
    If The Ingrate gets himself in hot water through his arrogant and turgid behaviour there will be a Keg On at my place.
    Go Titans.
    This is my first message on this thread I've been reading it on and off for a couple of years.
    Love your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The sickening words and quotes of superiority coming out of Brisbane HQ today has truly made me want to puke my guts up. I don't want to hear this "little brother" crap when we play Brisbane anymore. They and The Ingrate deserve nothing but unadulterated hatred from the GC from here on. Just as much as what DCE/Myles should get when we play Manly.
    If The Ingrate gets himself in hot water through his arrogant and turgid behaviour there will be a Keg On at my place.
    Go Titans.
    This is my first message on this thread I've been reading it on and off for a couple of years.
    Love your work.
    Great first post mate. I'll certainly help you drink the Keg.

JR will soon be on first name basis with the guys from the Caxton.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Brisbane were never not going to get him. Heard he got wild in town last night so let the games begin i guess. If Brisbane ever had any application regarding the salary cap they would only have as many premierships as we do.

This is my predicted signing to replace Roberts .................. .......... Mmmmmm anyone hear those crickets???? Zilly/Hoffman centre rotation we should expect next year.

Bueller......Bueller........zzzzzz
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

We really do need to sign Copley..

Go Titans.
    Love your work.
    great first post mate. welcome to the forum

i live in Elanora so i am in for the keg when JR gets a bit too loose at treasury.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    We really do need to sign Copley..
    Yes the Titans do, Id have Copley first choice over Nene for the right centre
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Man screw this. I am absolutely furious that Roberts has signed with the Broncos. Any player coming from there now just feels like sloppy seconds. I am so angry I can't even put it into words. It's gotten to the point where it's very very hard to believe we're going to recover from this slump that we're in.

edit: by the way, can someone please help lift my spirits and list a few positives coming out of the club this off season? Because I sure can't think of any right now.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 23-12-15 at 08:01 PM.

Yes, it sucks he has gone to broncos. Means we have to watch him every friday night now.

I have been trying to justify it in my mind that at least we might get Copley as consolation. I have a big wrap on him, and thinks he is just what we need. However, if we don't manage to get Copley (sounds like Parra, Rabbitohs and Cowboys would be interested) then i wil be frustrated again.

If we don't get Copley then I don't think we'll actually be able to get any other centre.

Go Titans.
    Love your work.
    Great first post mate....well it was until you mentioned Manly. However I have no principles when it comes to emptying a keg at your joint.
    As for the Broncos, the only rivalry there is on our side. Broncos supporters don't treat us seriously and until we start knocking them over it will never be a true rivalry. Lets hope that starts soon but regrettably that will not be 2016 as I think they will win the comp. God it hurts to write that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Yes, it sucks he has gone to broncos. Means we have to watch him every friday night now.

I have been trying to justify it in my mind that at least we might get Copley as consolation. I have a big wrap on him, and thinks he is just what we need. However, if we don't manage to get Copley (sounds like Parra, Rabbitohs and Cowboys would be interested) then i wil be frustrated again.
    Yeah I hope we get Copley as we don't have any NRL class centres in my opinion. Based on the fact we took ages to wrap up the McQueen deal when he was basically dumped on our doorstep I am not hopeful.

I can't see us getting Copley but I do have a positive; for all the hype, The Ar$e still has to make their first 17 and that's no guarantee considering his past record.

Onya Bods, put me down for a hit at the keg too … welcome to the circus.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The sickening words and quotes of superiority coming out of Brisbane HQ today....
    Spoken like a old local. I'm hearing you and couldn't agree more, Mr Bods. I'd imagine the term '****in' Brisso's' is familiar with you.

So Copley has been told to find a new club it appears.. Apparently he wants to go to the strongest club possible, but has a preference for a Qld club.
    We are no hope of landing him me thinks as he will head south. Apparently had talks with Melbourne and Parramatta. If we lose out the Parra that will really demonstrate what players in this league really think about coming to the Titans.