Page 61 of 143 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast

Would we go after Babra if he doesn't get the FB spot at the sharks? Do you think he is past it? Or still have something just hidden?

well he definitely isnt doing much for the sharks-- v pricey but i think would be a good buy
    hasnt had much of a year-- but he is a great player

Article about Roberts would need to take a pay cut to play at the Broncos... Bit of a kick in the guts n shows he just wanted out if its not about the $$$

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    Article about Roberts would need to take a pay cut to play at the Broncos... Bit of a kick in the guts n shows he just wanted out if its not about the $$$
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...b0d36693228936

From fishing around for 500k to looking at getting less than what he was on with us. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    From fishing around for 500k to looking at getting less than what he was on with us. Hmm...
    I have no doubt that it was always about money but it seems to have gone a bit pear shaped for him. A pity both sides can't swallow a bit of pride and he could stay but i guess it's gone too far for that.

Can someone copy and paste todays Roberts article. Courier Mail wants you to subscribe if you look at more then a few articles a day. Thanks
    Psmitty

If whats been bantered around in regards to the attitude is true, he or anyone else isn't worth a pinch in my books. No matter what skill set they bring to the club. I'd rather we had a gelled team with a good attitude all round that losses every week, than counting on a couple of egotistical snots to keep us in contention.

I dunno, I just can't sell us that short just to get results. Attitude is paramount with me.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Can someone copy and paste todays Roberts article. Courier Mail wants you to subscribe if you look at more then a few articles a day. Thanks
    JAMES Roberts would have to sacrifice $300,000 to chase an NRL premiership under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos.

The Broncos are willing to offer Roberts about $250,000 a season over two years if he decides to join the club.

The Dragons are the only club to have made Roberts a formal offer, tabling a $400,000-a-season two-year deal.

Roberts is keen to make a decision before Christmas and his adviser, Jeremy Donovan, will meet Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire in Sydney today.

Bennett is keen to bring Roberts to Red Hill but is not willing to break the bank for the fastest man in the NRL.

The 22-year-old would likely be taking a pay cut from the $275,000-a-year contract he had at the Gold Coast, which was ruled void after a signature was forged on it.

The Broncos are hoping Roberts can see past a potential drop in salary.

Playing under seven-time premiership-winning coach Bennett could take Roberts’ game to the next level while the Broncos are an incredibly successful and stable club.

Roberts also enjoys living in Queensland after spending the early years of his career at South Sydney and Penrith.

The Broncos went within seconds of winning this year’s grand final and will field practically the same team next year, minus retired centre Justin Hodges who Roberts would replace.

“The Broncos have maintained they’re keen,” Donovan said. “They’ve said they’d love James but he’d have to make a decision.

“James knows what the Broncos look like in terms of their leadership. He’s evaluating all of those perspectives.

“It’ll come down to how he feels about it all.”

If Roberts decides to join the Broncos it would trigger a chain reaction at Red Hill.

Dale Copley is under pressure to stay at the club but the Titans are ready to pounce on the centre if he is forced out.

Copley, who has played 72 NRL games in six-and-a-half seasons, is contracted until the end of 2016 but the Gold Coast has earmarked him as a potential recruitment target.

Roberts received interest from a European rugby club but will spend the weekend deciding where his NRL future lies.

“James wants some time with his partner to work out what they want to do and where they want to go,” Donovan said.

“He’s taking some time to make the decision for himself. It’s really up to James right now.

“He wants to consider everything. We’re evaluating it all.”

Roberts was this week named in the Indigenous All Stars team for the first time.

Cheers, Boonarga.

If that's what has been laid out on the table, for a guy at his age and his stage of his career. He's got one hell of a decision to make. Best of luck on choosing wisely. He certainly doesn't need his extended family in his ear.

dont forget the tpa brisbane gets access to. He would be guarenteed more money there then anywhere else. Game run by TPA and not the actual cap. Bit of a joke.

He's not coming back to us so let's just stop this in our development thread and put it into another league stuff area for those who have a fixation with this ar$ehole … perhaps a new zone for people like him and DCE … I'm over it
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    If whats been bantered around in regards to the attitude is true, he or anyone else isn't worth a pinch in my books. No matter what skill set they bring to the club. I'd rather we had a gelled team with a good attitude all round that losses every week, than counting on a couple of egotistical snots to keep us in contention.

I dunno, I just can't sell us that short just to get results. Attitude is paramount with me.
    Good attitude + win is my preference.

BREAKING
    JAMES ROBERTS LATEST
    @SSFCRABBITOHS close to prize - depends on sealing 3rd party deals
    If not, he'll go to @brisbanebroncos
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

If true, the club should really go hard after Reynolds. Him and Elgey in the halves would be a perfect partnering. We HAVE to make some big signings sooner rather than later.