Page 55 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Ol' Anthony 'twin turbo exhaust' Mundine.. What a Champ!
    Much better then Thurston, true legend of the game mundine, absolute hero

If it looks like dogs-pooh and smells like dogs-pooh, there is a reasonable chance that it's The Man.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

mqueen is on the coast!
    http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/1...its_groun.html

- - - Updated - - -

could mead shift to centers and bring up levi lee or brian kelly to wng?

it dawned on me the other night at movie world, that maybe shannon walker could be our x factor replacement for roberts. man i hope he makes a fist of it, but every year we all like a trialler or two and always get let down.

last year Crampton, last year was Kahn Awang or however you spell it. year before that or two is was the mighty Mark O'dare. half of us had him as a walk up for qld origin lol.

im sure there has been others too. someone can remind me of some. Jarvan White too a few years ago. I really liked him in one of the trials

our 'best of' train and triallers had some great threads for people who never quite worked out

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    it dawned on me the other night at movie world, that maybe shannon walker could be our x factor replacement for roberts. man i hope he makes a fist of it, but every year we all like a trialler or two and always get let down.

last year Crampton, last year was Kahn Awang or however you spell it. year before that or two is was the mighty Mark O'dare. half of us had him as a walk up for qld origin lol.

im sure there has been others too. someone can remind me of some. Jarvan White too a few years ago. I really liked him in one of the trials

our 'best of' train and triallers had some great threads for people who never quite worked out
    pretty sure paasi was a train and trial and he is most likely guarenteed and interchange spot for next so the doors are open for walker to cement a spot. I know he is still extremely fast but hopefully he can show off in the nines

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    pretty sure paasi was a train and trial and he is most likely guarenteed and interchange spot for next so the doors are open for walker to cement a spot. I know he is still extremely fast but hopefully he can show off in the nines
    passi is a great example! good call.

I hope he and McQueen are our starting second rowers. bird at lock need some depth, but as starters im ok with it.

two hard running hole hitters running off LGs silky short or long balls, and with his dual threat there, only takes a guy to hang off one of the second rowers and they roll over like gav cooper does. If they squeeze in, he goes to the paint...im excited.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    ... year before that or two is was the mighty Mark O'dare. half of us had him as a walk up for qld origin lol

Is he still available?! let's sign him up and give him another crack! ahhh I remember the hype fondly

At the very least, we should find out who does his highlights clips on YouTube and get them a gig in our media department.... they deserve an Oscar.

I hope one of the soon to be announced signings is that we've managed to negotiate an early release for John Olive. He might come in handy towards the back-end of the season after we've trialled 7 other back-line combinations, all of which involve an under performing Will Zillman.

Has Burr been released by the club or not resigned. he seemed an interesting prospect at the start of last but failed to deliver much.

I Imagine James would probably start int he second row with mcQueen romaybe McQueen might play some centres or something. Either way Paasi and Pettybourne are gonna get plenty of game time and i think they both deserve it too.

Also Zillman has apperantly been hampered by a back injury for the last few years that he got fxed in the off season, this year could (hopefuly for the love of god please) be his year.

Bit hard to blame back pain for being out of position and miss timing your runs.

Olive would be a mint signing rn K2G. IMO he's already better than Zilly.

EDIT: who am I kidding he's already faaaar better than Zilly haha.
    An edge of Olive-Nene would be so destructive

Burr is contracted until the end of 2016.

As I said earlier, God help us if Shannon Walker makes the team. He may be a decent 9's player but he cannot tackle to save his life. How desperate we must be even mentioning his name as an NRL chance. Just imagine him marking up on blokes like Jennings or someone like GI coming at him. Oh dear.
    With Nene a long way from proving he is ready to play centre I think Zilly is the best option by far for centre which just highlights how badly short we are in that spot. Hopefully something might happen when Mundine tells Roberts what to do.

I think hoffman is our best center option, good ball runner and can tackle

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Bit hard to blame back pain for being out of position and miss timing your runs.
    post of 2015 and ill vote it for 2016 too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Olive would be a mint signing rn K2G. IMO he's already better than Zilly.

EDIT: who am I kidding he's already faaaar better than Zilly haha.
    An edge of Olive-Nene would be so destructive

Burr is contracted until the end of 2016.
    out of Kelly, Olive and GL...does one of our esteemed junior experts know who is most likely to see NRL in 2016 if any?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I think hoffman is our best center option, good ball runner and can tackle
    I think hoffy is a good centre also but i just remember how quickly our defence fell apart once he moved from fullback and we lost his voice at the back when he and zill would switch

out of Kelly, Olive and GL...does one of our esteemed junior experts know who is most likely to see NRL in 2016 if any?

- - - Updated - - - I'm not an expert at all and I'm probably going to get roasted but I'd say maybe Brian Kelly. John Olive is actually contracted to us from 2017 onwards it seems but I think he'll see some NRL game time in 2016 for Souths but I'd love for us to get him for next year. Again, I'm not an expert just what I think.
    Last edited by TitanSam; 14-12-15 at 11:07 PM.

I noticed a recent pic of Mcqueen standing next to Mead, for goodness sake they arn't going to go there again with a rotation of 2nd rowers filling in the right centre spot.

I personally will be pissed off if Nene isn't Meads partner in 2016. Get him on his preferred side (right shoulder outside) and he will improve dramatically. He's only a baby, a baby that was doing 200plus mtrs damage from dummy half scoots. Big Mal rates him very highly and I wouldnt be surprised to see him in SOO a few yrs down the track.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]