Page 5 of 143 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    What about this one mate??

From NRL updates on Facebook. Can't copy the link.
    Rumour: David Mead is most likely sign with the New Zealand Warriors worth $750,000 a year

Thoughts??

-Shawn
    lolol omg....lets just say that figure slowly and try not to laugh
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The Warriors must have a few brown paper bags under the table if it were true
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    lolol omg....lets just say that figure slowly and try not to laugh
    Agree at the laughing......howsoever two or three years ? Nice way to test the open market!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    The Warriors must have a few brown paper bags under the table if it were true
    They are learning Cap management from Manly ....... ;-) hahahah
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

RTS for 800,000 and mead for 750,000...doesn't even qualify as a rumour. he wouldn't get half that any more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    RTS for 800,000 and mead for 750,000...doesn't even qualify as a rumour. he wouldn't get half that any more.
    The same FB group came out saying its false.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

he'll be getting half that for sure for 2017
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

McQueen would be very good for our team, however, he is a left edge forward which pushes James into the middle and I like that or he's a left centre and I don't mind that either. Walker also would be very good for our team, however, he is a right side centre which pushes Roberts to … fullback?

Perrett is hardly earth shattering, Grant is a dead-set plodder and all the others could only be considered depth signings for mine while just for the record I am not unhappy about missing Taupau because of consistency or a lack of it.

Mead deserves 750k a year for putting up with the bs he's had to but just won't get it.

------------------------------

I can just imagine Myles and Taupau standing behind the line dreaming of what they'll be doing for the rest of the week and saying:

NM: You take the next one up, Marty.
    MT: No after you, my dear Nate, your bbf DCE is beckoning.
    NM: Oh no, but I insist, he won't mind at all.
    MT: Well I suppose if I must … oh pooh, no offence Nate, but now it's our turn to defend. You go low and I'll go high.
    NM: Surely not Marty, I'll go high and you go low.
    MT: Sorry old chap but use your head, no offence, I just can't get down like you can.
    NM: I suppose you're right, move over and I'll have a little dig.
    MT: Gadzooks and oddfish, we've missed our turn again. You take the next one Nate ….
    Last edited by Titanic; 31-10-15 at 01:14 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Have stuck this thread and closed 2015 version. Also deleted the other newly created 2015 one which I'm scratching my head about still

Apologies for late action

So Perrett's looking the most likely, with Perrett to cost us Mortimer in exchange, possibly, for some reason.

McQueen sounds likely if Surgess decides he will grace the NRL with his presence once again.

If the Perrett rumour is true then does someone want to look into their crystal ball and predict our backline?

Would make more sense for us to look to trade a back rather than a hooker/half, if anyone at all.

he'll be getting half that for sure for 2017
    $375k? thats pretty steep. good on him though. his career has been mis managed by his coach badly and has cost him a fortune

Rep Player

Its difficult to watch play out with no 'notable' signings after the DCE saga and in a way I understand but its our urgency for success which is the main problem. While we have gotten rid of a few dragging contracts there are still a fair few players we need to shed. Im all for signing some solid players to the roster and waiting for a big 'marquee' signing to come up who can be the 'face' of the club to draw in bigger crowds and sponsors. The problem is that after what has transpired the last few years we CANNOT afford another wasted season. I think its unlikely we are going to sign any more massive names for next year so all we can really hope is that we have a real go this year and play some competitive football behind some young halves and have all the behind the scenes drama at the club fixed. If we can play some finals footy this year surely we look a much more attractive offer to players because given the last few years I cant say I would want to be signing here

$375k? thats pretty steep. good on him though. his career has been mis managed by his coach badly and has cost him a fortune
    its not as steep as it once was plus there will be a % increase in salary cap that yr.

If he can't get that being the clubs first 10 year Titan that has played to his value and above it for a lot of his career then he should look elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    So Perrett's looking the most likely, with Perrett to cost us Mortimer in exchange, possibly, for some reason.

McQueen sounds likely if Surgess decides he will grace the NRL with his presence once again.

If the Perrett rumour is true then does someone want to look into their crystal ball and predict our backline?

Would make more sense for us to look to trade a back rather than a hooker/half, if anyone at all.
    Squeeze Perrett onto the left wing is my only thought.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

its not as steep as it once was plus there will be a % increase in salary cap that yr.

If he can't get that being the clubs first 10 year Titan that has played to his value and above it for a lot of his career then he should look elsewhere.
    Given KG is on a rumoured $350k, $375 is kind of insulting isn't it?

We will not be playing finals in 2016, so don't start worrying about that but the really big question is: can we be competitive and climb marginally up the ladder?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We will not be playing finals in 2016, so don't start worrying about that but the really big question is: can we be competitive and climb marginally up the ladder?
    I think the club can be competitive and become alluring next yr.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]