Page 48 of 143 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    BUZZ ROTHFIELD
    ‏@BuzzRothfield

Adam Reynolds has NOT spoken to the @GCTitans but Is@not@overly happy about playing under a michael Maguire @SSFCRABBITOHS
    Where there's smoke there's fire! Reynolds being a souths junior and diehard red and green something must be massively off for him to want to leave the Rabbitohs and given their current salary cap dilema realistically we are the only ones with enough money to make it happen. If Maguire remains coach as expected surely you cant go into round 1 with your playmaker not wanting to be there

McQueen to become a Titan
    Queensland State of Origin representative Chris McQueen today agreed to join the Aquis Titans for the next two seasons after South Sydney Rabbitohs released him from the final year of his contract.

The 28-year-old forward, who played five games for the Maroons in 2013-14, will join the squad in training on Monday.

McQueen, who hails from Kingaroy, said he was excited at the prospect of joining a developing young squad at the Titans and returning to Queensland.

McQueen will become the sixth player in the Titans’ squad to have played State of Origin or Tests for Australia or New Zealand, joining Greg Bird, David Shillington (Australia), Josh Hoffman, Zeb Taia and Eddy Pettybourne (New Zealand).

The presence of David Mead (PNG and Country Origin), Nene Macdonald (PNG), Ryan James (Country Origin, Prime Minister’s XIII), Luke Douglas (Scotland and Prime Minister’s XIII), Kane Elgey (Prime Minister’s XIII), Daniel Mortimer (Prime Minister’s XIII) and Ashley Taylor (Junior Kangaroos 2015) shows the depth of the Titans’ squad.

“I’m really excited to come back to Queensland and take the opportunity to play a senior role with the Titans who I think have a good developing young squad,” McQueen said.

“My time at Souths was special, culminating with a premiership. They gave me a chance and stuck with me through a tough period with a knee injury and I have made some great friendships there. But I understand it’s a business now and really excited about this opportunity.

“I still feel I have my best football in front of me and this a fresh challenge after eight seasons with Souths and I can’t wait to meet the boys next week and rip into pre-season training with them.”

Aquis Titans head coach Neil Henry said a player of McQueen’s credentials will add further strength to the Titans squad which is developing a good mix of youth and hardened NRL and representative experience.

“Chris is still 28 and has won a premiership and played State of Origin and I know how keen he is to have an impact with us,” he said.

- http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/1...become_a_.html
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Graham Annersley denying we are interested in Reynolds because we have an abundance of playmakers. Hopefully just a coverup?
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Very happy to hear about McQueen. I personally rate him as a top signing. Regardless of his last year at Souths this guy can turn a game around. Great news indeed and better yet it's costing us $200k a year.

Another contender for jersey revealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Graham Annersley denying we are interested in Reynolds because we have an abundance of playmakers. Hopefully just a coverup?
    If Reynolds leaves souths and doesn't come to us Annesley's mad, for the reynolds rumour to be as specific as it is there must be something going on behind the scenes

So GS Sports Management have stated that the reports are false regarding Reynolds attempted release. Make of it what you want.
    Follow

GS Sports Management
    ‏@gssportsmanager
    FOR CLARITY: @SSFCRABBITOHS @Rendiggiti - Adam Reynolds has NOT asked for a release and has had NO talks of any kind with the @GCTitans

Hopefully it is just a coverup because where there smoke, there's usually fire. From all reports though he hasn't actually met with the Titans but hopefully he'll get the release because it sounds like he's keen for a change.

But welcome to McQueen as well! Quality signing that will add a lot to our team. Good Queensland boy.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Usually I'd see something like this and think - oh well clearly we aren't interested and Badel was talking s***. But with this off-season, denial almost means something is more likely to happen

It's a shame but not a surprise about Lafai. Doesn't leave anyone else for us to look at (in the centre position) so i guess we will be running with what we have left.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 11-12-15 at 05:08 PM.

The thing is though Badel tweeted that we have secured McQueen, and then less than an hour later the Titans confirm it. So I don't see why he would make stuff up about Reynolds?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    It's a shame but not a surprise about Lafai. Doesn't leave anyone else for us to look at (in the centre position) so i guess we will be running with what we have left.
    The Reynolds thing seems to be a diversion from missing Lafai ... I'm gutted more by missing him than losing Jimmy the Ar$e. Even Timbaa can score if he's fed good ball and we just don't have the centres to do that
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Going by the way the author emphasized on the Rep accolades of each player (in the McQueen article above), one could think we're done shopping around.
    Last edited by Toads; 11-12-15 at 05:22 PM.

Hi all haven't posted on here in a long time but all ways check in too hear from our true fan base , I always respect the opinions of you lot and glad to hear some positive news today , I just hope they look after eldgey our future captain , Reynolds would be awesome bonus see what happens in the roller coaster off season

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Going by the way the author emphasised on the Rep accolades of each player (in the McQueen article above), one would think we're done shopping around.
    I'm still crossing my fingers that Reynolds is more than a rumour but I don't need to state my stance on getting hopes up again. He would be a great signing for the squad and the only person who wouldn't benefit from it would be Tyrone Roberts in which case we can kind of punish Mundines Muppet for leaving us high and dry by dropping his cousin to Q cup for the remainder of his career whilst only costing us a minimal $100-150k a season as the Knights are picking up the rest of the tab.

I'm not vindictive at all.

Great to finally announce a decent recruit.

I agree about Lafai and we still have vacancies for centres (x2 in my book). Based on today's stories who would know who might be available next week, even tomorrow. As others have said there must be something in the Reynolds stories despite the recent denials.