Page 46 of 143 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast

yeah its rare for players who want to leave to not get their way eventually.

we will see. badel isnt in the rumour game normally. keary and sutton could be a combo souths want to persevere with, especially if they take tyrone off our hands.

I have a feeling something isnt quite right at souths

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    It just seems to good to be true, and dotn forget the new deal he signed. I hope he comes but i dont want to lose taylor. i think the half combo of taylor and elgey down the track is fantastic
    Cmon man we've got the future NSW halfback as a possible recruit! Taylor and Elgey is a nice thought but years away from developing fully.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I'm just...wow. Why is it that I'm now hoping that Souths do sign Roberts? Because then we'd probably get Aeynolds and lock down Olive then we'd almost probably get the better deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Cmon man we've got the future NSW halfback as a possible recruit! Taylor and Elgey is a nice thought but years away from developing fully.
    I just dont wanna lose Elgey or Taylor because of this. I would be more than happy to have him, he is a great player and will one day represent NSW and possibly his country. I'd also be more than happy to give Tyrone to Souths, but i still hope we get McQueen and Olive/Lafai

Also don't forget another example in Taupau. Asked for a release from Wests and got rejected. A few weeks later he finally got released.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

If we get Aeynolds we'd have 4 great halves in the squad and hopefully the end of Mortimers contract

SOUTH Sydney have rejected a request by Adam Reynolds to be released from his contract to join the Titans.

It’s believed the halfback asked for the shock release on Friday but it was turned down by the Rabbitohs.
    Reynolds signed a $1 million two-year contract extension with the Rabbitohs earlier this season.

At the time he knocked back six rival clubs including Manly, Cronulla and the Dragons to stay at Redfern.

More to follow

- http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227641987280
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    pete badel ‏@badel_cmail 9 mins9 minutes ago
    Adam reynolds has asked for release to join the titans. His request has been rejected by the rabbitohs

Wow we are so inactive in the player market..
    Active and successful are two different things. Interesting development though. We obviously should take him if it's a goer in addition to him being a great goal kicker, although I was reasonably happy with our halves options and none of the 4 (LG, Roberts, Taylor, Reynolds) can play elsewhere.
    This off season is nearly as crazy as the last with the DCE flip.

Well hopefully we are successful in our pursuits. Exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    I have a feeling something isnt quite right at souths
    Probably the ripple effect spilling over with the lack of wriggle room that been created since they've tried to bring Boofhead Burgess back onto the scene. e.g. players possibly being hit up to take a paycut to squeeze Burgess in. Bound to hit a nerve with some
    Last edited by Toads; 11-12-15 at 02:29 PM.

Man, of all the positions to chase a marquee player its has to be the one where we at least look solid. I like Reynolds a lot, athough his injuries maybe a worry, but I would have thought that investing the non-existant overs into Lafai and McQueen would be more frutiful than destabilising the LG/Taylor/Roberts situation.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Just hoping Adam isn't going to just accept the deny of release and move on. Hopefully he and the Titans keep pushing.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Just hoping Adam isn't going to just accept the deny of release and move on. Hopefully he and the Titans keep pushing.
    So would I be reading too much in to this to assume that if we are chasing Reynolds then we arent confident of retaining Elgey past 2016??

At least we got past the ethical dilemma of not talking to players whilst contracted to other clubs. Positive steps forward.

5 yr, I would expect that having Reynolds would help the situation of keeping LG. Perhaps it's more they have started preseason and have seen what they have got.

South Sydney deny Adam Reynolds a release to join the Gold Coast
    Peter Badel

The Courier-Mail
    December 11, 2015 2:28PM

THE Titans are circling Adam Reynolds after the premiership-winning halfback dropped a bombshell at the Rabbitohs by requesting an immediate release.

News Corp understands Reynolds wants out of Redfern and has made that clear to management amid speculation coach Michael Maguire is losing the confidence of the dressing room.

But the Rabbitohs are playing hardball, with the club rejecting his request — just months after Reynolds signed a $1 million two-year contract extension.

The Titans have funds to spend under the salary cap following James Roberts’ contract collapse and are interested in adding Reynolds to their playmaking ranks.

Conversely, the Rabbitohs have salary-cap headaches and desperately need to jettison top-liners for the NRL to approve the return of 2014 premiership hero Sam Burgess.

Maroons forward Chris McQueen is one player facing an uncertain future at Souths and now Reynolds in the next big-name Rabbitoh considering his tenure at the club.

Reynolds has been touted as a NSW Origin prospect for the past two years but has endured a topsy-turvy relationship with Maguire, who has challenged the halfback to show more consistency.

The Titans have rebuilt in the off-season with the signing of halves Ashley Taylor and Tyrone Roberts, but neither are yet in the class of Reynolds, who piloted Souths to premiership glory in 2014.
    #iwillneverwalkaway