Page 4 of 143 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Well November 1st is 2 days away......how many off contract end of 2016 Titans players will field calls from rival clubs (or have their Managers throw out feelers)...I know one who is interested to know what he is worth.
    That person shoulda taken the ridiculously good offer the Raiders put forward. It won't be matched again
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Its official. Taupau to Manly. Missed another opportunity, especially if they were able to offload Ballin to the Tigers as part of the deal.
    Manly don't seem to have a salary cap it seems, seriously how much $$ would Tapau be on?

i agree with JB that Manly are doing it better than us... and that's mainly due to having a history of success and therefore being appealing. Bozo wouldnt be a slouch in the recruitment side either. an immortal chewing your ear and telling you they want you to would be tough to turn down. props to LG for being strong enough too.

we don't have that allure as yet..so we have to be realistic and patient as much as it hurts.

as for paying some players. i don't think we are playing for all of them, but i'm sure we are for some. if thats what it takes to clean out a poor culture and start fresh then im with that too, especially since we have a few young players on budget contracts, as they go up, the pay-offs to departing players will ramp down also and in a couple of years we are sweet.

its not ideal, but its reality.

Like I've said before we just seem to settle for mediocrity, nothing more. No big name signings at all.

One big name signing isn't going to turn a team around. However we've got several positions in place we do need a big name forward.

I continue to hold my tongue … at times our QCup value has been higher than the NRL team … hopefully we will just let the Halas et al just vanish.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    One big name signing isn't going to turn a team around. However we've got several positions in place we do need a big name forward.
    And the biggest name around went to Manly. Thus my point.

While I would've loved to see us sign Taupau, I'm glad we didn't throw overs at him and go all out. While he can be a great player, he can be inconsistent and is not a player that should demand big big dollars. Plus, he may struggle with the reduced interchange.

McQueen would be a good buy as he wouldn't be on massive $ and we are in need of a quality backrower. Also, he will suit well to the new interchange rules. I hope we get him.

Walker would be nice too but I don't think we are going to get him.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    While I would've loved to see us sign Taupau, I'm glad we didn't throw overs at him and go all out. While he can be a great player, he can be inconsistent and is not a player that should demand big big dollars. Plus, he may struggle with the reduced interchange.

McQueen would be a good buy as he wouldn't be on massive $ and we are in need of a quality backrower. Also, he will suit well to the new interchange rules. I hope we get him.

Walker would be nice too but I don't think we are going to get him.
    Whilst no one wants to see us pay overs for any player we could have a least made Manly pay more for him as they did Elgey for us.

I'm all for McQueen but just once I'd like to see us getting the marquee player whilst we off load the unwanted player, rather than being the team that allows another team to free up salary cap for them to sign a marquee player.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    And the biggest name around went to Manly. Thus my point.
    Sorta glad you have been making the comments about Manly - I wanted to but I would be accused of bias and held off.

But I see it as simply as this - Manly missed the finals for the first time in many years and lost a key player in Foran and let a few go. To avoid a similar finishing position as this season they have gone out and done something about it. Meanwhile, at the Titans mediocrity appears to roll on. Same old same old.
    I think DB has a point when he says the Titans may not have the same attraction as Manly yet but I wonder whether we even had a crack at Taupau, and many others.

- - - Updated - - -

There was little evidence of Macqueen being a quality backrower last season. Hopefully that is down to him being stale and perhaps he was like a few others that were not reacting well to the coaching. I would take him on trust but I wouldn't be paying overs or signing him to any long term deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Manly don't seem to have a salary cap it seems, seriously how much $$ would Tapau be on?
    Well I'll bite!
    Manly told 12 blokes to leave, including blokes on decent money like Ballin (which I don't like to see). They also lost Foran who was on big money so they would have plenty of cap space.
    This moreso highlights the fact that when you look at the Titans list you think how the hell can that squad be anywhere near the cap. I know a lot of that is down to previous management and it just shows how many blokes were on money beyond their ability.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 30-10-15 at 08:20 PM.

RLW Mole has us at a good chance to sign McQueen and Sam Perrett (apparently it might actually be happening). Wouldn't be bad signings if we don't pay massive amounts of money for either.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    That person shoulda taken the ridiculously good offer the Raiders put forward. It won't be matched again
    What about this one mate??

From NRL updates on Facebook. Can't copy the link.
    Rumour: David Mead is most likely sign with the New Zealand Warriors worth $750,000 a year

Thoughts??

-Shawn
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

That page is bullcrap. Don't believe any rumour they post.

Remember they posted we had signed Gavet? That was a good prediction...
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 30-10-15 at 09:03 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

That page is bullcrap. Don't believe any rumour they post.
    Would explain Perret to us rumour.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Would explain Perret to us rumour.
    Not really. We have plenty of money to spend, why let go of Mead?

Also how could Warriors offer that sort of deal after who they have recruited?

- - - Updated - - -

Plus look at what he posted on Instagram tonight

Captioned: "Pre-season around the corner. Here we go!"
    #iwillneverwalkaway