Page 35 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 85 135 ... LastLast

1. Hoffy
    2. Don
    3. Zilly
    4. Nene
    5. Mead
    6. Tyrone
    7. LG
    8. Douglas
    9. Friend
    10. Shillo
    11. James
    12. Paasi/McQueen
    13. Bird

14. Pettybourne
    15. Taia
    16. Peteru/Paasi
    17. Moseley

Wow...a couple of days ago we were talking about our side looking alright and competing next year. Unless we get Hiku/Lafai and McQueen we are in strife.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

They need to be introduced eventually, I agree we can't just throw them in the deep end but if we rotate them on a weekly/bi weekly basis then they can get first grade experience and continue to develop. Chances are regarding current events they are all going to make their debuts this season so a few matches couldn't really hurt them if anything help them develop because they are playing with professional players.
    on a side note, our nines jersey is hidden behind the cowboys but i think i see a very bright yellow - Not impressed

- - - Updated - - -

On another side note, it's pretty clear Roberts is leaving for Money reasons so what is stopping us from making him a higher contract offer.

He probably wants to play for a competitive club too.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Haven't commented as of yet because the majority of you have summed it up but ultimately Jimmy wanted a rather significant upgrade and was convinced he had earned it given those influencing his decisions from his end. Poor stance from both parties to the negotiation (Titans; minimal upgrade and JR; assuming right to significant pay rise) but that's professional sport these days.

Of most concern is how poor our squad is looking and Jimmy's departure is going to give the attractiveness of the club a further blow. Titans need to recruit Lafai or the club will not have a single genuine NRL-able centre within the entire roster.

I bet Mundine was in his ear the whole time... Bloody shifty.. He still deserved an upgrade though. I also agree that signing Lafai would soften the blow I guess, not a lot but we'll have a centre..

To be honest looking at it now i can sorta say im also disappointed in Jimmy a bit too. I mena we saved his career when no one wanted hima nd he was living in a car, we protected him from his DUI and gave him a hefty 300k pa salary. And we offered him a car. It's not the best deal but sure a hell i little loyalty would be a nice change i guess :/

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    To be honest looking at it now i can sorta say im also disappointed in Jimmy a bit too. I mena we saved his career when no one wanted hima nd he was living in a car, we protected him from his DUI and gave him a hefty 300k pa salary. And we offered him a car. It's not the best deal but sure a hell i little loyalty would be a nice change i guess :/
    Yeah but he is Daly M centre of the year cementing him as one of the best in the league. Considering we haven't signed ONE strike back for next year 100k to me seems fair considering the forged contract saga. It would be great to live in a world of loyalty but put yourself in his position his market value commands a certain price he gave us the opportunity and the best we can come back with is a car. I could stomach the DCE backflip but we dropped the ball on JR at least 20 times here. Time to stop making excuses for the club. They balls this situation up good and proper

Oh without a doubt they balls up'd, i just cant imagine they have let him go so easily and he can walk away just like that, and us fans are the ones who suffer.

To say I'm gutted is a fair appraisal of this whole thing , however as HS has eluded to maybe Roberts wanted too much more and was given poor advice by mmmm...... someone. In saying that I do wonder and I'm convinced that there is more to this than is being reported? More so why did Roberts look at his contract again ? Was there an off field issue and the club was playing hardball? Also was it Mundine on the scene and telling him he is worth more and looking at the contract? That said , forging the signature was highly stupid and wrong in the first place and should not have happened.

That aside we now have $330k to add to the kitty , however no point having the money if we are not prepared to use it. Last reported we had $800 k now we have $1.1mil approx. McQueen, Lafai and Hiku/ Walker would be achievable now surely?

Just a quick thought $1.1m is that enough to talk to Falou with ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

He didn't deserve the Dally M to begin with. I hope it turns around and bites him in the **** as much as it will the club now. I have no sympathy for club or player, they are both as bad as each other. He obviously has people in his ear that think they need to play hard ball in order to better his future but with no real plan in place to ensure that happens.

Where ever he ends up I hope his career is short lived by his own undoing and when that happens lets see where his uncle is then.

K4SE's post said it well, and thanks for writing mate.
    I also agree with some that have been disappointed in the lack of loyalty from Roberts but, let's face it, we gave him the chance to escape.
    Finally, what is the latest with Scott Clark. I keep waiting for the court case to do with forgery but I must have missed it.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    To say I'm gutted is a fair appraisal of this whole thing , however as HS has eluded to maybe Roberts wanted too much more and was given poor advice by mmmm...... someone. In saying that I do wonder and I'm convinced that there is more to this than is being reported? More so why did Roberts look at his contract again ? Was there an off field issue and the club was playing hardball? Also was it Mundine on the scene and telling him he is worth more and looking at the contract? That said , forging the signature was highly stupid and wrong in the first place and should not have happened.

That aside we now have $330k to add to the kitty , however no point having the money if we are not prepared to use it. Last reported we had $800 k now we have $1.1mil approx. McQueen, Lafai and Hiku/ Walker would be achievable now surely?

Just a quick thought $1.1m is that enough to talk to Falou with ?
    Completely agree mate, with the amount of money spare we should be going hard for McQueen, Lafai and Hiku/ Walker. Throw everything at them. The way the club is going the extremely talented junior we apparently have coming through won't have a local nrl team to step up to if we keep on going the way we are
    Last edited by SCoast Titan; 08-12-15 at 11:24 AM.

I know the club was persuing legal action but these things take time. Hopefully everything comes full circle, alot of talk there is more going on here than expected and i think something fowl is afoot

Junior

Surely the club isn't thinking someone like Shannon walker is a good enough reason to just low ball and push JTJ to the point that he would walk

its the titans, thats quite possibly a more than possible reason, there is no method to their madness