Page 34 of 143 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 134 ... LastLast

There's nothing good to come out of this either... At least with the DCE saga, we handled it with professionalism and there was heaps of cap for us to play with. This time there is nothing, I couldn't care less who we sign because they're not going to match what Jimmy did in 2015 for us. I couldn't care anymore

Realisticly were probably not gonna sign another center so id be putting hoffman at center and giving mead his fulltime shot at fullback because the last thing we need is mead leaving when his contracts up to play fullback somewhere else. All hope falls on elgeys shoulders now, god i hope he kills it and doesnt suffer from second season syndrome

The reality is, it's not that big of a loss. Because the way we utilised him (and others in the past). He would've eventually broken down anyway. For a few years now we've relied on players like Jimmy too much to carry the entire team.

Until the club changes this mindset, we're not really worthy of players of Jimmy's calibre. And we most likely won't attract other players we need. We truly are a basket case that is in dire need of change in many facets (still).

EDIT: To the quitters, at least do your utmost to get/renew your membership even if it's the very basic one at that. The club does deserve to be in the comp and we gotta keep the team on the Coast. Otherwise RL on a national level could be lost forever. Don't forget there's other mobs out there that would sacrifice anything get their hands on a NRL license. Please look at the bigger picture.
    Last edited by Toads; 08-12-15 at 08:46 AM.

How do we deserve a team though, honestly mate. This club f***s around way too much. We missed out on DCE, and then couldn't even sign a decent replacement. We barely make an effort to chase quality players like Taupau and Walker when they're available, and now after all of this we manage to lose our only good player. How can this club ever improve? No player thats half decent would join our club. Even if we somehow hit the goldmine and could develop a big three like the Storm did, they would undoubtedly all just leave us, as Elgey probably will. I'm confident that we won't play in the finals for at least another 3 years.

I hear ya, mate. But by all accounts we're getting things in place at Parkwood, and as you mentioned we won't be anywhere near playing in the finals for at least the next three years. I'd be pleased to be proven wrong though.

The whole thing makes me feel sick......

So this weeks headlines-

Hiku Joins St George
    Lafai signs with Penrith
    McQueen digs heals in at Souths
    Roberts to Replace Hodges at Rival Broncos
    Titans in Battle to Keep Elgey as Manly Circle for 2017

And then................Souths Release Greg Inglis to join ...................

Lets not forget that after next year Elgey's contract is in his favour. We probably won't be signing either Lafai or Walker cause as far as the clubs concerned we still have Zillman.

This club is like a one cent share on the stock market that when the ass falls out of it and it's worth half a cent your mate that recommended it want you to double down to limit your losses in the hope it will bounce back.

We should also change the name of this thread to 2016 squad and rumours.

Junior

My two cents:

1c: A few weeks ago management was talking about the Titans being a club that would once again make community, fans and members proud - and with the effort that is being made with family friendly community events and parties I think they are genuinely trying. But so long as the negative continues to hit the headlines it will always feel like a case of 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Until this is resolved we will always be an incredibly frustrating club to support.
    2c: Of bigger concern must be the internal culture within the playing group. Historically successful clubs have seen players take pay cuts to continue playing with their mates and keep the group together. We have just had a player turn his back on playing with his "mates" after being offered more to stay. I get the distinct sense that there isnt much of a "player group".

Rep Player

Failed rebuild number 27812389121! Not surprising to hear we still don't have our **** together back of house and until we do things will never be heading int he right direction. This whole farce is another black eye and im surprised our club can still see at all its been battered by absolute crap from top to bottom since our last round of finals footy.

Only positive is although I have said this before I am assuming this is rock bottom yeah? Cant get any worse? Can only get better. I already renewed my membership but when will this club ever get a clue and make some smart decisions.

Junior

Meh, we have still have talent in the 6 and 7 positions. Put Mead in at fullback, and I'm feeling okay about 2016.

What does concern me is our tackling. Was Roberts a good tackler? I'd rather we spend money on strength and conditioning and defensive coaches than on buying every pretty bauble that comes onto the player market.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    There's nothing good to come out of this either... At least with the DCE saga, we handled it with professionalism and there was heaps of cap for us to play with. This time there is nothing, I couldn't care less who we sign because they're not going to match what Jimmy did in 2015 for us. I couldn't care anymore
    Yeah, I'm done with them.

Back to following local comp like I did after 98.

This club is stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Titan View Post
    Meh, we have still have talent in the 6 and 7 positions. Put Mead in at fullback, and I'm feeling okay about 2016.

What does concern me is our tackling. Was Roberts a good tackler? I'd rather we spend money on strength and conditioning and defensive coaches than on buying every pretty bauble that comes onto the player market.
    Mate we are the Titans. Knowing us we will chuck Zilly at FB. God we may as well sign Timba to play in the centres at this rate..

For some reason we don't see Mead as a FB and I'm not sure why.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Just wrote this in reply to the great news that dropped into my inbox this morning:

Dear Titans,

I have no words that can express my utter disappointment at this news. As a fan of the Titans, I am used to disappointment, but this really does take the biscuit.

I have defended this club through the the centre of excellence debacle, the financial woes, the drug scandal, even the DCE saga - but what is there to say about this latest nightmare headline. The club forged a signature on a contract, didn't offer any more money to make amends and now we have lost our only 'star' player, the one who puts bums on seats.

We have been linked with other big names, but right now I don't even want to be a member of such a disorganised shambles of a club, so I am not surprised we haven't managed to snare a signature of a marquee player.

While I appreciate that you shouldn't believe everything you read in the media however there does come a point when if it talks like a duck, walks like a duck the chances are it is actually a duck - and that's how I feel about the Titans this morning. I have stood by this club and supported this club since moving to the coast from the UK in 2008, I have spent my money, attended games and been a proud supporter. Today I am embarrassed to be a Titans fan and reading posts on social media this morning I am not the only one that feels this way.

I am disappointed that we are unable to attract high caliber players, that our negotiation skills seem to be severely lacking; in that our offers seem to be so far off the mark that they're laughable, and have fans shaking their heads. It is frustrating that we must have money to spend but seem unwilling to spend it, what exactly are you waiting for? It is also disappointing that we are in the headlines, once again for all the wrong reasons.

Kind regards from a very disappointed member,

We need to shove our young guns into the squad this year and build for the future. Talent like Brian Kelly and Greg Leleisiuao and Tyronne Roberts-Davis are all players with great potential and rotation in and out of the first grade side for this year could do them well. Macdonald would be my choice to take Jimmys spot, and we should release Tyrone Roberts and put Ash Taylor into the five eighth spot. We also need to seal McQueen and we should focus on another good forward such as SBW/ Cordner/JWH or Napa.

Line Up 2016 1. J. Hoffman 2. B.Kelly 3. G. Leleisiuao 4. N. MacDonald 5. D. Mead 6. A. Taylor 7. K Elgey 8. D. Shillington 9. N. Friend 10. L. Douglas 11. R. James 12. C. McQueen (Hopeful Signing) 13. G. Bird 14. E. Pettybourne 15. A. Paasi 16. Z. Taia 17. K. Mosely/ T. Roberts

Adding the fact that we still have Don/Zillman/ ROberts Davis we might not be too bad off in the backs, although our forward pack needs a defensive overhaul but add a star marquee forward and i think we'll be alright.

Shoving GL/BK/TRD into first grade is NOT what we need to do.