Page 30 of 143 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 130 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=DavidBouveng;369783]
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yep totally agree and glad to see that you rate Mead playing to his strengths ... me too.

Zillman should not get within cooee or even Timbaa of our team if Lafai does the deal. Hoffman may not be great but he's our best option at the back in a team with some go forward and serious strike in the centres. We don't have to play like all the other teams and in fact we go far better when we don't try to.

This team would challenge for the top 8:

1. Hoffman
    2. McDonald
    3. Lafai
    4. J.Roberts
    5. Mead
    6. Elgey
    7. T.Roberts
    8. Shillington
    9. Friend
    10. Douglas
    11. McQueen
    12. Pettybourne
    13. Bird

14. James
    15. Taia
    16. Paasi
    17. take your pick but not Zillman or Mortimer[/QUOTE

very accurate statement.
    I love the look of that team!!! But I would have Moseley in the 9 over Friend, given that the year will be 2016 not 2010.

Need to open that chest up a lil and get McQueen and Lafai here... and keep Roberts. Nice side we would have. Roberts and Lafai both playing other sides would help counter the lack of the fb possie.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    Need to open that chest up a lil and get McQueen and Lafai here... and keep Roberts. Nice side we would have. Roberts and Lafai both playing other sides would help counter the lack of the fb possie.
    Agree Patske ... the fb can run in and outside the centres while he doesn't have to be a third ball player if you have effective centres.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Haha titanic! I was stressing for a bit when i read third ball thank good for a second i thought i read 8 ball lol too soon?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

All the signing news we have all been waiting for will unfold in the next three days. How do I know this, I'm off on a "lovely romantic" weekend with the wife where no doubt I will have no access to a TV or the internet. Fingers crossed (for more than one reason).

Just on the potential Lafai signing. I for one think that he won't sign with us however in an article written by Dean Ritchie a few minutes ago about Hoppa signing with the Dogs is says this
    " But the State of Origin winger’s arrival will likely mean the end of Lafai’s time at Canterbury.

Bulldogs officials declined to comment on Lafai on Thursday night but it’s understood he won’t at Belmore next season.

Lafai, who is under contract at Canterbury until the end of 2017, has been sounded out by Gold Coast, a looming deal with the Titans being imminent."

So this is the only hope raising that I have on Lafai coming to us.

A good pick up if we can get him , but as I have said still don't think that it will happen.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Those of you asking for Roberts to be fullback, well I will go with the flow but I will make mention that I do not think he is fit enough. Well he certainly wasn't last year. The amount of times he cramped (almost every game) so unless something has changed (and perhaps it has) he can stay centre.*

*Maybe he is fit enough but just loses way more sodium then the average athlete?

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Haha titanic! I was stressing for a bit when i read third ball thank good for a second i thought i read 8 ball lol too soon?
    Lol Toddy ... a classic Freudian slip if I ever saw one

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    All the signing news we have all been waiting for will unfold in the next three days. How do I know this, I'm off on a "lovely romantic" weekend with the wife where no doubt I will have no access to a TV or the internet. Fingers crossed (for more than one reason).
    How do you have a "romantic" weekend without the internet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Lafai, who is under contract at Canterbury until the end of 2017, has been sounded out by Gold Coast, a looming deal with the Titans being imminent."
    That would about do me.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Those of you asking for Roberts to be fullback
    I'm with you Shamus, dare I say it but he's done nothing to show me anymore than being a fine attacking weapon in bursts ... he may mature further but right now the right centre is his place and that needs a fair amount of work too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

read a article yesterday strongly linking Lafai to the Dragons... Seems logical as he would need to move or anything. I just hope they want Dugan at centre and not fb hah

I'm not sure but I think Roberts and Lafai have pushed and shoved and said some words to each other when they played against one another.

Does anyone remember if that happened. I swear that they got in each other's faces during a couple of games?

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    I'm not sure but I think Roberts and Lafai have pushed and shoved and said some words to each other when they played against one another.

Does anyone remember if that happened. I swear that they got in each other's faces during a couple of games?
    Yeah I definitely remember that, and I'm pretty sure Roberts said something homophobic to him too which was clearly heard on TV.

Doesn't really matter because I doubt that would stop Lafai coming to us.

But anyway, sounds like it's out of us, St George and Parramatta. Fingers crossed.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Doesn't really matter because I doubt that would stop Lafai coming to us.

But anyway, sounds like it's out of us, St George and Parramatta. Fingers crossed.
    And Panthers, just read an article saying they are eyeing him off as Idris' replacement, which worries me because Gus can be quite persuasive, in saying that I do not know how much they could offer ($$ constraints Mcqueen).

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    And Panthers, just read an article saying they are eyeing him off as Idris' replacement, which worries me because Gus can be quite persuasive, in saying that I do not know how much they could offer ($$ constraints Mcqueen).
    This is probably why they pulled out of the McQueen contract.

So Lafai has been officially released by the dogs... I think he has a kid on the way or something so i would find it hard he would want to move... hopefully he does hah