Page 28 of 143 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227628432601

I love Tim Lafai... would love to see us make a play for him if Dogs get hoperate

Its funny the players some teams are willing to let go to allow for others. I'd personally take Lafai before Hoppa.

Read today that the McQueen deal fell through due to miscommunication. So what we are supposed to believe is that the Rabbitohs thought they weren't going to have to pay to release McQueen and Penrith thought they were paying only paying half of the $300k deal.....hmmmm.

Also read that Shaun Nona isn't getting renewed with the storm this year. Weren't some people raving about him?

Why does everyone want to sign backs for? That's hardly a weak point of ours we have good talent coming through

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Why does everyone want to sign backs for? That's hardly a weak point of ours we have good talent coming through
    Because we can't rely on 18/19 year olds to fill a spot in an NRL team and the rate of successful centres transitioning from Under 20's is extremely low..

Euan Aitken is the only one from 2015 that successfully made the transition. Very difficult position. For others who starred in 20's but struggled to make the step up please see Waqa Blake, Hymel Hunt, Charlie Runciman, Cheyse Blair, Tautau Moga etc. and that is just from the past 2 years..the list goes on

Rep Player

So you dont see William God Damn Zillman waltzing on into the run on centres spot! Seriously though as Henry has stated and I have to agree a quality back and some additional experience and firepower to our forward pack and I like the looks of our 2016 squad as the first step to our 'rebuild'.

Mate as far as I'm concerned we shouldn't knock back quality players as we don't have many of them at all. Lafai is a quality player. How the Dogs might let him go for Hoppa is dumbfounding.

I am getting concerned about the time this Roberts saga is taking. While I treat newspaper articles with caution, I read a few times in the last few days that the Titans are getting legal advice whether Roberts contract is void or not. Yet another few articles that indicates that Titans management fiddles while Rome burns, but I trust (hope) positive things are happening that we don't know about. As he is a crucial player wouldn't an option be to just accept what was done voided his contract and just settle the bloody thing. I appreciate we are owned by the NRL and it's their money we are spending but FFS other clubs are circling it seems.

As I have mentioned previously I just wish the Coast had some decent investigative journos as I would really like them to dig as to why a signature was forged in the first place and why would it have been done.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 30-11-15 at 09:14 PM.

Lafai plays right - Roberts plays right and our forward pack plays left … let's forget the NRL template of centres-a-side and play our own brand left to right

T1 Douglas punch it centre
    T2 Shillington punch it left
    T3 James punch it one inside
    T4 Bird punch it wide left
    T5 Roberts to Elgey to Lafai to Roberts inside off a half break to Mead and over
    Who needs 6 tackles?
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-12-15 at 12:54 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If the Titans feel desperate enough to get a centre then Lafai is a very good option.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

I know that this probably isn't the place for it but I need to get it out.

What does everyone think about the club having an origin style camp where they bring back players from our history such as guys like prince, Bailey, laffranchi, rogers, walker etc. These players were all foundation players and part of building the culture that made this club great. I believe in the past few years we have lost that culture and our identity. This club in 2007 and subsequent years stood for something and had a great relationship with the community.

I think that if we get these past players back to explain what it is to be a Titan, explain that the jersey means more than just putting it on every weekend, explain that their are still fans who are extremely passionate about the club and want to see it succeed. I think if we achieve this that we will go a long way in getting our identity back and creating a new culture that everyone can be proud of

I like that idea but I wonder how many of those bozos are responsible for the current malaise?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

This in the Courier Mail "The Titans’ pursuit of Chris McQueen has taken a dramatic twist with the club just $20,000 shy of securing the former Queensland Origin star.

And the Gold Coast are ramping up their recruitment drive as the Titans eye off Canterbury centre Tim Lafai, whose future at the Bulldogs has come under scrutiny.

Talks between the Titans and McQueen’s management collapsed last week after the premiership-winning utility rejected an offer worth $150,000 for the 2016 season.

But The Courier-Mail can reveal the Coast are back in the hunt. The Titans’ recruitment arm has tabled a revised, beefed-up offer to McQueen, committing to a two-year proposal after initially wanting an option in the club’s favour for 2017.

Aiding the Titans’ cause is the salary-cap crisis engulfing the Rabbitohs, who must desperately offload McQueen and prop Tim Grant to have Sam Burgess’ contract rubber-stamped by the NRL.

South Sydney were reluctant to provide a major subsidy for McQueen’s transfer. But with the NRL playing hardball on the Burgess deal, the Rabbitohs have dramatically increased their subsidy, now making McQueen an affordable option for the Titans.
    The Courier-Mail understands McQueen will be a Titan in 2016 if the Coast can find another $20,000 for the veteran of six Origin matches.

McQueen’s manager Shaun Pyne headed overseas on Monday for business but confirmed the Titans are back in the game.

“We’ve recommenced discussions with the Titans,” Pyne said.

“Chris has a contract with Souths for next season but he’s been told he’s not required for the following year.

“Chris is a Queensland boy so if the terms are right with the Titans, he’ll be more than happy to come home and try to get back into the Origin side.”

Meanwhile, Lafai is on the Titans’ radar as they chase a quality centre. The Coast are keen on the hard-running 24-year-old, who is contracted until 2017 but has been linked with an early departure from Canterbury.

And the plot thickens ....

^^^
    Bit of promise there. Let's hope both come off....as long as the Roberts thing is sorted first.
    In the days of contract amounts like there are these days, talk of being $20,000 short is chicken feed.

Junior

I see that Shaun Nona has departed the Storm, from what Ive heard it was his choice as he wanted to move back up to QLD. Wouldn't mind us making an offer in terms of 2nd Tier.. We have 3 halves yes, but if an injury strikes that leave us with 2. Lawton can play halves but unproven even at QCup level and to me is more of a Hooker anyway. Nona has killed it at Cup level and also has had a year under the storm regime which can only be good.

If we can re-sign Roberts and sign up McQueen and Lafai suddenly our team looks a lot more threatening and competitive. I hope to hell we can wrap all of this up, because I would love to see those two at our club.

My only concern would be who partners Elgey, I have my doubts about A Taylor and T Roberts, I do think there is potential in both of them, however I also do have my doubts for next season and would be wary of our defence.

If we get Lafai it should force us to cement a fullback position, I would still love to see this backline next year:

1. James Roberts
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Nene Mcdonald/ Josh Hoffman/ Will Zillman (give JH or WZ to Super League, we only need one of them)
    4. Tim Lafai
    5. David Mead

Did that journalist see my post at the top of this page or something and just decided to throw it in his article? Only way we would get him is if Dogs sign Hoppo...

Just thinking... could that interest in Lafai be due to talks with Roberts have stalled? I hope not...
    Last edited by patskE; 02-12-15 at 11:09 AM.